Warbow

PAC 16 -- 2020

Well thanks for dropping by dumbass. 

No, you're not a Cal grad and no, you don't speak for the PAC 12.  But you did manage to show up (sock up) during troll week.  Go figure.

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

Well thanks for dropping by dumbass. 

No, you're not a Cal grad and no, you don't speak for the PAC 12.  But you did manage to show up (sock up) during troll week.  Go figure.

I am indeed a graduate of Cal. If "sock up" means that I was tired of dealing with all of the G5 people on the Jon Wilner blog, then guilty as charged.

On 4/26/2017 at 6:44 AM, SFtoVA said:

Seems like a double edged sword. Sure they get an extra game, but that's also at the risk of losing. Add that to travelling to Hawaii, not sure it spells $$ or spells #%$^. I don't think there would be that many takers based on an extra game alone.

NOT an extra game but the option to start the season one weekend earlier for any conference team that is scheduled to play in Hawaii that season. 

3 hours ago, madeinhawaii said:

NOT an extra game but the option to start the season one weekend earlier for any conference team that is scheduled to play in Hawaii that season. 

No, an extra game.  Any team travelling to Hawaii as the option of playing a 13th regular season game, if it so chooses.  The option to start early (against any team) is a recent expansion of that exemption.  And it applies to all teams visiting Hawaii, not merely conference teams.  If was designed to encourage team to travel to Hawaii to play.  Otherwise, the Warriors would have a much tougher time getting non-conference teams to visit.  The extra game rule was actually in place long before the NCAA expanded to a 12 game schedule.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 4/21/2017 at 3:54 PM, Wyovanian said:

Tell you what, Warturd- if this happens I'll match your donation to Hawaii Athletics. If it doesn't, you have to match mine to Wyoming...

What is the exchange for live chickens?

Nothing to really say here.....except GO MWC!!

20 hours ago, RSF said:

No, an extra game.  Any team travelling to Hawaii as the option of playing a 13th regular season game, if it so chooses.  The option to start early (against any team) is a recent expansion of that exemption.  And it applies to all teams visiting Hawaii, not merely conference teams.  If was designed to encourage team to travel to Hawaii to play.  Otherwise, the Warriors would have a much tougher time getting non-conference teams to visit.  The extra game rule was actually in place long before the NCAA expanded to a 12 game schedule.

They can or they don't have to, BUT THEY ALSO have the option of starting their season on the weekend before the regular season. the 'zero' week game.  That could mean big $ for the PAC if they're the ONLY GAMES in town on the weekend before the rest of the nation when everyone is aching for football to start.  And money is the issue here.

13 hours ago, Chile_Ute said:

What is the exchange for live chickens?

I'm not exactly worried. Pretty sure I'd be matching zero. Police probably took all his chicken's into protective custody following sexual abuse allegations...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

On 5/2/2017 at 10:19 PM, Son of California '06 said:

I'm not the president, but I am a Cal Graduate. That is more prestigious than being the president of any MW school.

If anything, I was dropping by to explain that PAC 12 expansion is not happening with any current Mountain West school. We've already made that mistake once and it has cost us dearly. Literally.

Yeah because Cal has been just kicking Utah's ass all over the field of play, right?

And just how great is Cal's record against SDSU? Oh wait, you beat us every time in football at your place. Then again, in San Diego . . . And you've been really kicking our ass in basketball over the last decade too, haven't you? Lmao at the brilliant wit you so obviously gained at Prestigious U.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 5/4/2017 at 0:40 PM, madeinhawaii said:

They can or they don't have to, BUT THEY ALSO have the option of starting their season on the weekend before the regular season. the 'zero' week game.  That could mean big $ for the PAC if they're the ONLY GAMES in town on the weekend before the rest of the nation when everyone is aching for football to start.  And money is the issue here.

So you decided to repeat everything I said....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

45 minutes ago, madeinhawaii said:

It's NOT an extra game. They can move a game forward and open up a bye week.  Any opponent they choose can start that week early with them. Benefits both teams.

It's both. Many teams weren't using the 13th game because it took away a bye week for them. But now with the week zero start they don't lose a bye week. 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 4/21/2017 at 7:58 PM, Headbutt said:

Yes, and they'll do it again.

Do you think with the loss of Texas and Oklahoma the B-12 will be able to keep the P-5 status ? Do you think they would add just add Houston, and Cinci, or go for a couple more ? Perhaps BYU and CSU might have a chance. If they add 4 G-5 schools keeping P-5 status may prove difficult. I believe CSU would be the only MWC school with a chance of membership.

2 hours ago, ole blu dude said:

Do you think with the loss of Texas and Oklahoma the B-12 will be able to keep the P-5 status ? Do you think they would add just add Houston, and Cinci, or go for a couple more ? Perhaps BYU and CSU might have a chance. If they add 4 G-5 schools keeping P-5 status may prove difficult. I believe CSU would be the only MWC school with a chance of membership.

In a word, NO!  If the Big12 loses Texas and Oklahoma, they become a G6 conference and probably the third best in the pecking order after the AAC and the MWC.

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

On 4/22/2017 at 6:13 PM, #1Stunner said:

You know very little about the culture of the PAC12 if you ever think they are going to add a school like SDSU or even UNLV.

Most of the PAC12 is focused on the tradition of the PAC8....They all want to play USC every year.  There are also rivalries between schools like Cal and UCLA.   Stanford and USC.  If they expand to 14 schools, that means the PAC8 schools will go a longer time between playing USC.  They won't do that... or give up historic rivalries. Especially for a school with no tradition.  SDSU is a TV market they will forever own.

The only school worth it to the PAC12 is Texas, and the large Texas market.  SDSU and UNLV will never join the PAC12, because of traditional rivalries.

The PAC-8 is the only reason SDSU and (fingers crossed) Fresno have a shot.   If they go to 16 the 8 will want to stay together but the others will demand a trip to CA every year.   

With that in mind, I could see AZ, AZ State, Utah, Colorado, UNLV, New Mexico/Hawaii, SDSU and Fresno forming an 8 team side.  

This plan is the back-up plan because the PAC would prefer an 8 team group based in Texas: Texas, Houston, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, UNLV, Arizona, Arizona State.   

Personally I think Fresno has a snowballs chance in Hell but if SDSU gets invited the valley politicians will go nuts about the valley getting screwed again.  I think the Big 12, if they survive are the best fit culturally for Fresno.   Just like Austin is a little bit of California in Texas, Fresno is a little bit of Oklahoma in California. 

58 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

The PAC-8 is the only reason SDSU and (fingers crossed) Fresno have a shot.   If they go to 16 the 8 will want to stay together but the others will demand a trip to CA every year.   

With that in mind, I could see AZ, AZ State, Utah, Colorado, UNLV, New Mexico/Hawaii, SDSU and Fresno forming an 8 team side.  

This plan is the back-up plan because the PAC would prefer an 8 team group based in Texas: Texas, Houston, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, UNLV, Arizona, Arizona State.   

Personally I think Fresno has a snowballs chance in Hell but if SDSU gets invited the valley politicians will go nuts about the valley getting screwed again.  I think the Big 12, if they survive are the best fit culturally for Fresno.   Just like Austin is a little bit of California in Texas, Fresno is a little bit of Oklahoma in California. 

No one in the Pac will be pushing for Fresno and SDSU. It is easy enough to schedule the lesser California schools in the OOC. Pac doesn't expand unless doing so gets the individual schools currently in the Pac significantly more money.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

24 minutes ago, Mano said:

No one in the Pac will be pushing for Fresno and SDSU. It is easy enough to schedule the lesser California schools in the OOC. Pac doesn't expand unless doing so gets the individual schools currently in the Pac significantly more money.

I'm not debating whether the PAC expands.   I merely saying the PAC teams won't want to be locked out of CA.  Why do you think the NorCal and SoCal schools are split.   But with 16 teams the 4 CA schools will have to be together because it's 7 games in Division.   

If the Mountain schools have access to Texas that's fine.  But no league Texas or league CA games will be a non-starter.   If the PAC expands it has to be in Texas. 

40 minutes ago, Mano said:

BTW,  what Utah thinks means nothing.  The original PAC 8 will say we have a side.  The four of you decide what you want and the 8 will tell you if they agree.  If your lucky you are going to Texas.  Your worst nightmare is they tell you UNLV, New Mexico, Boise and Hawaii.   Then you can go looking for recruits behind sagebrush.   You will be a permenant second class division.   

Given the number of CA students going to Boulder and the AZ schools,  keeping a presence in CA will be important to them. Utah is just glad to be at the Party.   You may harass BYU but at least they aren't the bitch of the schools with real power. 

Just now, sactowndog said:

BTW,  what Utah thinks means nothing.  The original PAC 8 will say we have a side.  The four of you decide what you want and the 8 will tell you if they agree.  If your lucky you are going to Texas.  Your worst nightmare is they tell you UNLV, New Mexico, Boise and Hawaii.   Then you can go looking for recruits behind sagebrush.   You will be a permenant second class division.   

Given the number of CA students going to Boulder and the AZ schools,  keeping a presence in CA will be important to them. 

The Cal schools certainly wield the power in the conference. This is not good news for SDSU or Fresno.The original  Pac 8 schools will never allow Cal State schools in a conference with them. The only way the Pac expands is if they can get Texas. I personally prefer it to stay as is, Texas is not a good conference mate, but everyone wants them because they bring money.

Utah is in the Pac and will remain so. Boise likely would never be invited, the others you name would need things to fall perfect, and would likely still be 20 years out. I like all those schools, so would be far from my "worst nightmare".  

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

2 hours ago, Victor Maitlin said:

In a word, NO!  If the Big12 loses Texas and Oklahoma, they become a G6 conference and probably the third best in the pecking order after the AAC and the MWC.

LOL, yeah right.  They get their pick of the cream of the AAC/MWC crop is more like it.

v0icAvfW.jpg