Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

Russia Sends Troops To North Korea Border

Russia sends troops to North Korea border as tensions escalate

Russian president Vladimir Putin has reportedly ordered troops and weapons to be sent to the country’s border with North Korea as tensions continue to escalate.

Unverified video footage appears to show a train, believed to be one of three, loaded with military equipment and headed towards the 11-mile border between Russia and the secretive hermit state.

Another video appears to show military helicopters moving towards the Russian border as well as army combat vehicles moving across rugged terrain.

A report from primemedia.RU claims: ‘Railway trains loaded with military equipment moving towards Primorsky region via Khabarovsk have been noticed by locals.

A military official added: ‘The movement of military equipment by different means of transport to southern areas is being observed across Primorsky region over the past week.’

The movement comes only a day after Russia and the US clashed at the UN over a UN security council statement, drafted by the US, which condemned North Korea’s latest failed test.

US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said: ‘We’re reviewing all the status of North Korea, both in terms of state sponsorship of terrorism as well as the other ways in which we can bring pressure on the regime in Pyongyang to re-engage with us.’

Hwang Kyo-ahn, the acting president of South Korea, has also called for security agencies and international regimes to remain vigilant after North Korea launched a missile into the sea last week.

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

Little ado about nothing. 

famous+last+words.jpg

16 minutes ago, crixus said:

famous+last+words.jpg

No idea what this means.

Can you elaborate on what the "famous last words" are and what big deal is?

Sounds like alarmist nonsense to me so I must be missing something.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

57 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

No idea what this means.

Chillax, I'm only kidding. My personal favorite is what does this button do? 

sMdsDAUuB9yvPSuRSGRQLy-eJtQSRCvWQnNFXZBNo6vy_P2jzb1ZohDqGin1Iaxxz16WwVenqqjPylgmyYKzM16v-NXHcx3NSZnS3URKwpBoZxMW1pUiGCE0ciea735WOVTHeX8mFBoTcQe3Y68A6y5dh3Qr5G368ayDZwefZS8w92eO7uUPoT_rFXtheCCE99rCrfLgg3Y1_t2mdyrq5BFtzxZVNc6OE4JCD0S0rylVi53itcuMkjuIgIcVDhxw3zit46UQgYdk6UbNzOfNJLaDIOBtDP-eyRjr9HGwlbiE_nS1RWq4rEtABqohRdyvyXDwzngbM_NtOxHF8VMEcvSPF009BEBbNdBYQuH4qMX0rMYqSvnwHoQilV0k5PUD9QfPH6WnTBuWzcZLfpzIXN6vo5cfnxhunbOAhAMZ33T55CanB1OKMsGUsJ2VSiMTWZgIk2zzy3LHh-YyeSp9X_rmOAzADM14MtRDRWCWE_H-dpEz5WWgxiz9QvRBPeR87e10tUzdOEGyAp5plMSqewqgZXV9LhVhDe0IW7qlKOMJPA_TkacAkUnOlS3V61HpHvusmcr8KDM0bXPBaL0Ea9X0WkxmsvMJA-1zfw5_3wpvErRwsOWKSw=w857-h630-no

17 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

No idea what this means.

Seems like you need more relevant examples for "famous last words". 

"Nah, I'll only drink 2 beers tonight"

"Eh, the girlfriend will never find out"

"Why bother running the ball, it's not like we'll get a strip sack safety"

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

Seems like you need more relevant examples for "famous last words". 

"Nah, I'll only drink 2 beers tonight"

"Eh, the girlfriend will never find out"

"Why bother running the ball, it's not like we'll get a strip sack safety"

OH SHIT! WE'RE PHUCKED!!!

Under the "learn something new everyday" column: Russia has a border with North Korea. 

I love maps and consider myself fairly well verse in world geography but I had to go to Google Maps to check this out; looks like it's about 11 miles long.

4 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Under the "learn something new everyday" column: Russia has a border with North Korea. 

I love maps and consider myself fairly well verse in world geography but I had to go to Google Maps to check this out; looks like it about 11 miles long.

Fun fact - There is one country between North Korea and Finland.

6 hours ago, renoskier said:

I love maps and consider myself fairly well verse in world geography but I had to go to Google Maps to check this out; looks like it's about 11 miles long.

I didn't know they shared a border either.  I knew they were close but didn't realize they had a common border.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

For Final Jeapardy:    Name all the countries that border Russia :unsure:

What is (off the top of my head):

North Korea

China

Mongolia

Kazakhstan (not sure if spelled correctly)

Georgia

Ukraine

Poland

The Baltic states (Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania)

Norway

Finland

Belarus 

And I don't know if they consider Japan a border country. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

34 minutes ago, mugtang said:

What is (off the top of my head):

North Korea

China

Mongolia

Kazakhstan (not sure if spelled correctly)

Georgia

Ukraine

Poland

The Baltic states (Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania)

Norway

Finland

Belarus 

And I don't know if they consider Japan a border country. 

Not bad.... left off Azerbaijan and Lithuania borders Belarus... very impressed.  BTW I had to check a map not off the top of my head.

59 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Not bad.... left off Azerbaijan and Lithuania borders Belarus... very impressed.  BTW I had to check a map not off the top of my head.

I forgot Azerbaijan exists :shrug: 

Also I do believe Lithuania does border Russia, they (Russia) have a very small piece of land on the Baltic Sea. 

289_1_.jpg

Just now, sactowndog said:

Wow completely missed that.

It's actually a very strategic piece of land.  The Baltic States are always worried Russia is going to try to reconnect the land by conquering them.