Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MAD MACGYVER

Boise State to Drop Wrestling; Will Pursue Baseball

BSU for as long as I can recall has always had a very good wrestling program.  Should be an opportunity for programs such as Oregon State, Utah Valley and Wyoming, the only remaining D1 programs in states bordering ID to step in and recruit the void created by BSU dropping it's program.  Could be a net positive for a steadily improving Wyoming program.

3 hours ago, bsubroncochick said:

I would like baseball and hockey.  We already have a club hockey team--it should just be turned into an NCAA one.

I would absolutely love to see more ncaa D1 hockey in the West.  Hockey is an expensive ncaa sport, especially at the ncaa D1 level.  Travel costs in the West would be significant as well due to the heavily weighted Midwest and Northeast foot print.  That said I think there are several western schools watching to see how successful Arizona State Univ will be going forward having made the jump to ncaa D1 this past season.  ASU went 10-19-3 this season their first full season in D1.  ASU still doesn't have a conference affiliation which could be an issue going forward and would be an issue for any schools looking to add ncaa D1 hockey in the west.

It's very much a Midwest and Northeast sport at the ncaa D1 level save for Alaska Anchorage, Alaska Fairbanks, Air Force, Colorado College, Denver Univ, Alabama Huntsville and now ASU.

1920px-Hockey_d1.png

47 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

You guys should wrestle....I'm sure Fales would like to watch....

Keep your Gay Area ideas to yourself. Your "buddy" could've used your help. He's upset. 

Guest Cowboy Junky
2 hours ago, Warbow said:

FIFY

#coattailrider

Says the fan of the team in the Big West/Big Sky/Who Gives a Shit.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

There you go.  Play to your strengths.  Typing and forming coherent thoughts and engaging in any type of enjoyable discourse is clearly beyond you HOWEVER, you are the board champ at he mad gifs.

You're right.

"Baseball sucks!" and "Baseball=Women's tennis" are the sort of "coherent thoughts" and "enjoyable and engaging discourse" I just can't match. 

Guest Cowboy Junky
3 hours ago, Cincy said:

attachment.php?attachmentid=56075&d=1272

Lol. Get over yourself halfmanhalfdouche. 

Do you really think anyone gives a rat's ass that you were a 3 sport letterman or that you have personal friends on this board that can back it up?? LMAO!!  

Thanks for the chuckle. You are special. 

Just wait. He'll tell you how handsome he and his sister are if you wait long enough.

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

Is wreslting really more expensive than baseball? That seems hard to believe.

Baseball will earn a little more money but wrestling is a little less expensive.  If our program did not take a nose dive and was still among the nations best I doubt it gets cut.  Baseball will draw some initial energy because it is new and in a new stadium in a great location.  If the program is successful it will be supported, no doubt.  Lots of baseball fans in town and a surprising amount of D1 talent for a cold weather small city.

Guest Cowboy Junky
9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not going to lie, I would do me.

You're probably goddamned irresistible in your high school letter jacket. I'm sure you're army of real life friends on the MWCBOARD have countless stories of your heroic feats of athleticism.

You're probably as tall as Rypien and stronger than McNugget.:D

10 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

You're probably goddamned irresistible in your high school letter jacket. I'm sure you're army of real life friends on the MWCBOARD have countless stories of your heroic feats of athleticism.

You're probably as tall as Rypien and stronger than McNugget.:D

See @Cincy this is how it is done.  Bring in banter from previous dialogue.  I laughed.  Sadly I am shorter than Rypien and McNugget would kick my ass.  BTW I was sorry to see Hill struggle so much on the bench, Boise has had CB's bench far more than him in the past.  No doubt McNugget would have bested his mark.

Guest Cowboy Junky
14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

See @Cincy this is how it is done.  Bring in banter from previous dialogue.  I laughed.  Sadly I am shorter than Rypien and McNugget would kick my ass.  BTW I was sorry to see Hill struggle so much on the bench, Boise has had CB's bench far more than him in the past.  No doubt McNugget would have bested his mark.

Shorter than Rypien? That's 5'4" in heels. Yes, I saw Rypien in heels....I'm not ashamed to admit it.

We'll see who gets picked first. Hill did pretty damn good overall at the combine and has been getting a lot of love.

We know who'll get picked first between Rypien and Allen.

Just now, Cowboy Junky said:

We'll see who gets picked first. Hill did pretty damn good overall at the combine and has been getting a lot of love.

McNichols lost some draft stock when news of his shoulder injury went out.  

I want Hill in Denver.  He could start day 1 IMHO.  Would be a classic Bronco RB.

3 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

Shorter than Rypien? That's 5'4" in heels. Yes, I saw Rypien in heels....I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Rypien has some purdy legs.  Heels would do a midget like him well.

Guest Cowboy Junky
13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

McNichols lost some draft stock when news of his shoulder injury went out.  

I want Hill in Denver.  He could start day 1 IMHO.  Would be a classic Bronco RB.

Agreed. I keep hearing people say trade up for McCaffrey. Screw that. Trade up for a left tackle and get Hill in the third round. Win win.

I just hope he doesn't end up at a turd.

54 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I do not think wrestling is an Olympic sport anymore. So what are wrestlers going to do? Join the WWE?

Wrestling will be in the 2020 Olympics and should remain going forward.

Sooooo ... as baseball would take place at a non-school facility, does that mean they can serve beer? If so, smart decision! Baseball is a damn fine sport when watched live with beer.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

I do not think wrestling is an Olympic sport anymore. So what are wrestlers going to do? Join the WWE?

Yes it is, and HS wrestling is now at an all-time high. D1 programs are now putting more money into their wrestling programs due to rising interest. The national championships sold out and had over 60K in attendance.