FormerFrog

Former Frog's thoughts on the MWC - 2017 edition

4 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Once word leaked out about Aresco pushing for the addition of Tulane the world laughed at it too but that didn't stop him

Aresco only looks competent in comparison to Craig Thompson and even then just barely.

The AAC schools all seem to be very optimistic and excited about their conference, now that the BIG12 expansion idea is done and played out.  Aresco is a tireless promoter of the AAC.  And the are starting to be viewed as a very good basketball conference.

Contrast that with the MWC.  I'm not sure if morale in the MWC has ever been worse.  The MWC is coming off a terrible basketball year, and a decent, but not amazing football year.  Hair Thompson is acting like he's already retired.   The MWC desperately needs a new, energetic leader.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

The AAC schools all seem to be very optimistic and excited about their conference, now that the BIG12 expansion idea is done and played out.  Aresco is a tireless promoter of the AAC.  And the are starting to be viewed as a very good basketball conference.

Contrast that with the MWC.  I'm not sure if morale in the MWC has ever been worse.  The MWC is coming off a terrible basketball year, and a decent, but not amazing football year.  Hair Thompson is acting like he's already retired.   The MWC desperately needs a new, energetic leader.

You should throw your hat in the ring.

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

You should throw your hat in the ring.

I have your man.  Jamie Zaninovich.  

Former commissioner of the WCC.  Currently no. 2 in charge of the PAC12.   Guy does a great job.  His experience negotiating TV rights in the WCC and PAC12 would help the MWC.  He actually promotes the league.

Why would this guy want the MW job?  The presidents run everything and the Pac 12 job probably pays more..

49 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Why would this guy want the MW job?  The presidents run everything and the Pac 12 job probably pays more..

"It can't be done!!  It can't be done!!  So don't even try!!"

I have no problem if Thompson is fired.  I would guess his replacement will likely come from within...

14 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Hairball has been retired on the job for several years.

3 hours ago, nvspuds said:

I have no problem if Thompson is fired.  I would guess his replacement will likely come from within...

For the sake of the MWC it better not since Thompson's chief deputy is a total dolt.

Edit: Actually that is probably irrelevant since the MWC will hardly be recognizable by 2025 anyway.

A conference with 3 in California and 4 in Texas will dominate the recruiting trail.

CUSA is WEAKer than the MWC! It's time to annex Texas. Basketball and football aren't very good. The MWC really has nothing to lose by GOING BACK TO THE 16 TEAM WAC model. coffee2.gif

Whether some of you wont admit it or not, those are your brothers.

The WAC16 was ahead of its time. Annexing Texas rights a wrong that has sent the MWC down the poop schute.

So many bad thing have happened since then. Boise robbed everyone here after they triggered large scale WAC poaching.

There is no half pregnant since you let in the dregs. You gotta get the refugees from Texas... who you forgot when Pubic Hair started buying MWC stationary.

The MWC prides itself on being innovative. Everyone here knows 16 teams are coming sooner rather than later.

ANNEX TEXAS

• Like 1

Re my RAMs being Vandalized in the Tater Bowl...their Coaches recognized the weather & field conditions and made immediate adjustments.  They fully outsmarted our SEC brain trust  -- who never prepp'd for or played any games on such a field & in such icy weather.  Vandal Coaches Won that game via brilliant planning & game-day adjustments.

It's not Rocket Science... CSU needed to do exactly as Vandals did --- stop trying to Run Outside the hash marks (its Ice out there), focus all your Blocking Power (bodies) inside the Hashes (leaving defenders alone who are out in Siberia defending all the action that's not there)... suck those OutSide defenders inside, then throw a Pass out there where nobody's running,  and watch them try to recover on the ICE.  The O always has an advantage in sloppy field conditions & poor weather.

Once Bobo & Staff finally got it.... toooooooo late   I've not been to Moscow, but was just up in Coeur D'Alene & Spokane.   Quite impressive IMHO.  

23 hours ago, RAMification said:

I've not been to Moscow, but was just up in Coeur D'Alene & Spokane.   Quite impressive IMHO.  

Coeur D'Alene is awesome.

I love that area, and the best steak I've ever had was at Wolf Lodge Inn (the original, not the one in Spokane).  I love me some of those cowgirls.

The 'Big 3' in the MWC are no more.

Now the MWC has Nevada. THAT'S IT.  The MVC has Illinois State and Northern Iowa. Bottom line: The MWC is still making out in the Challenge Series with the Missouri Valley. And if the MVC adds VALPO like its assumed they will, the MVC will help the MWC's RPI and Sagarin MORE THAN THE REVERSE!

So, let's think about this here. If the MWC wants to get some respect, it NEEDS the MVC.

This is a 1 BID Conference. The MVC typically gets more than that.

I'd love to see the Challenge games given a name... Like "The Poached Tatanka" Series.

• Like 1

What is the world were the Presidents thinking? You'll never be rid of this guy. The MWC his shat the bed under his watch. Keeps getting worse!

craig-thompson-say-anything.jpg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SpartanDude said:

Coeur D'Alene is awesome.

I love that area, and the best steak I've ever had was at Wolf Lodge Inn (the original, not the one is Spokane).  I love me some of those cowgirls.

Wolf Lodge serves the best steak in the nation, I am convinced.

Image result for wolf lodge coeur d'alene idaho steak

44 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Wolf Lodge serves the best steak in the nation, I am convinced.

And that's the small one.

Yes, I realize the Mountain West is deliberating in whether to cut the TV cord. I'm also aware that the CUSA TV deal dropped dramatically...

But, IF, the MWC attempts to negotiate a television deal, how much do you think the rights will be worth?? Will it go to the open market??? Will there be multiple bidders??

OR, will the MWC explore a deal similar to the CUSA with beIN? Personally, I think beIN will be the Mountain Wests best option.

What are your guesses, MWC fans?

beIN-College-Football-Logo-e147319278984

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/college-gridiron-365/os-cusa-tv-revenue-drops-dramatically-under-new-deal-20160607-story.html

• Like 1