FormerFrog

Former Frog's thoughts on the MWC - 2017 edition

On 8/6/2017 at 0:16 PM, mugtang said:

You do realize that the AAC teams have more commits currently than the MWC teams, right?  And that effects the composite ratings.  Uconn has 14 commits compared to Boise's 9, so that's why they have a higher composite rating.  

No, he clearly doesn't realize that. Of course, just as clear is that he's gray matter challenged.

• Haha 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I'm in a typing mood, so let's have a little fun. ?Wow, it looks like someone has been following me closely for the last 10 years. Maybe you should tell us the story about my sock from 9 years ago. ? I'll bet you also have a special folder on your C: Drive that's named just for me, ?? and it's where you save all my quotes and positions I've taken on things in the hopes of eventually nailing me on a contradiction. Well, I'm definitely not perfect, and I do screw up, unlike you. I have news for you, though..... you do actually screw up, such as when you pick a dick quarrel w/me, and you proceed to always go for the wrong angle & issue. And it's a gift to me, so it's not hard for me to make you look silly. At times, DickGiant does that too. 

Ok, back to the Convert file thing....actually another one of my liberal wanker Nevada adversaries on this board actually admitted that he does have a special Convert file on his Radio Shack TRS-80. Do you want to guess who it is? Maybe he will chime in here and encourage you to come out of the closet with your obsessively creepy hobby. It'll be fun, and you can compare your Convert data. Good times for the king of being a total dick, DickNation. I hear you're making the move to expand to Europe soon. Who knows, maybe in 5 years you'll be pimping your total love for dick as DickWorld. ?????

LOL....triggered to yet another convert rambling manifesto.  In your head, son

Just. Too. Easy.

57 minutes ago, 415hawaiiboy said:

Huge and insurmountable 

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS THOUGH, THE MWC AND CUSA HAVE A LOT TO GAIN BY WORKING TOGETHER.

I SAW MITCHELL ROBINSON - MCDONALDS ALL-AMERICAN - JUST ENROLLED AT WKU.

BOTH THE MWC AND CUSA ARE 1 BID CONFERENCES THAT HAVE HUUUUUUUUUUUGE BOTTOMS.

A PROGRAM LIKE WKU FOR CUSA IS A REFLECTION OF UNLV FOR THE MWC.

THERE SHOULD BE SOME KIND OF SCHEDULING PACT. MAYBE YOU CAN DO A SERIES ON FACEBOOK.

1 hour ago, FormerFrog said:

I called it!! LOL

THOUGH, I DON'T THINK VASOLINE WAS APPLIED.

I'LL HAVE TO CHECK FACEBOOK.

cyMS25O.gif

• Like 1

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

9 minutes ago, FormerFrog said:

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS THOUGH, THE MWC AND CUSA HAVE A LOT TO GAIN BY WORKING TOGETHER.

I SAW MITCHELL ROBINSON - MCDONALDS ALL-AMERICAN - JUST ENROLLED AT WKU.

BOTH THE MWC AND CUSA ARE 1 BID CONFERENCES THAT HAVE HUUUUUUUUUUUGE BOTTOMS.

A PROGRAM LIKE WKU FOR CUSA IS A REFLECTION OF UNLV FOR THE MWC.

THERE SHOULD BE SOME KIND OF SCHEDULING PACT. MAYBE YOU CAN DO A SERIES ON FACEBOOK.

WKU is building a good program.  Just hired a great coach.  Does UCF play them anytime soon?

Posted Image

SPOKANE, WA. - Craig Thompson is a man with a plan. He wants to make the Mountain West Conference, or MWC, a regular multiple bid conference in the sport of college basketball. However, in the age of the haves and have-nots, the MWC has been a have-not. Enter Gonzaga basketball. In Gonzaga, Thompson sees a wayward flagship basketball program, that he can fashion as a head of his 1 bid conference armada. 

UNLV, San Diego State, and New Mexico have fallen on hard times. Thompson, known as Hair to his rabid fans, has tried everything in his power to restore the shine to these once proud programs. Its been his consuming project. A passion. It's been a labor of love - if you will. Without that burning desire to get up in the morning and restore another bid to the MWC coffers, a man of his stature would have moved on to another calling long ago.

Many have called him a savior. With his back against the wall, he lured Boise State President Bob Kustra back to the Mountain West. That was not an easy proposition, and it required countless hours of cloak and dagger style clandestine meetings. Finally, he gave Bob Kustra everything he asked for and rescued the MWC from certain destruction. His shrewd chess-like calculations also brought San Diego State back into the fold. In bowling parlance, Thompson picked up a 7-10 split and saved his membership in the process.

Now, his supporters are hoping he can perform similar magic by securing Gonzaga olympic sports. Dubbed "The Project Part Deaux," the MWC hopes that Gonzaga can raise the profile of the armada, and give the conference a "Basketball Boise". In the process, Thompson has let it be known that he secretly hopes it will spark the flames that have gone out in Las Vegas, San Diego, and Albuquerque. Many point to his role in the ascendancy of Boise State basketball as his Jesus-like touch, when it comes to raising programs from the dead.

In Gonzaga, Thompson may have his proverbial loaf of bread to feed the starving MWC basketball fans. Can he make this happen? Only one silver-haired man in Boise, Idaho, really knows. He has felt the persuasion that Thompson will most certainly bring with him to his next meeting with the Gonzaga brain trust. And, when contacted, Mr. Kustra said "Damnit, we should've stayed with the AAC teams but that silver tongued Devil just tricked me. Don't count us out just yet."   

• Haha 2

52f2fbfb644fcfa08812e838cf91fa50ddf603ff

On 4/2/2018 at 12:42 PM, BSUTOP25 said:

I miss @FormerFrog. His thoughts curb stomped Jack Handy's any day of the week. 

I agree.

I just read this thread and FF seemed to be saying exactly what a lot of people on here have been saying... about trimming the conference fat... and a lot of folks couldn’t deal w it at that time.

FF was ahead of his time.

This guy is prolly looking down from a cloud right now eating cherry pie.. cuz he was proven right.

• Cheers 1