FormerFrog

Former Frog's thoughts on the MWC - 2017 edition

59 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

It's not hard to see that changing soon. By next season they will be three of the top programs on the west coast. 

Agreed.

The foremost explanation for how the MWC got so bad so quickly in hoops is its three best programs each took a dump the last couple years. We won't be down for long.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

28 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Agreed.

The foremost explanation for how the MWC got so bad so quickly in hoops is its three best programs each took a dump the last couple years. We won't be down for long.

SDSU has largely held suit until last year. It was more UNLV and UNM that really hurt. However, there is more uncertainty with them moving forward. They are a veteran team with a rookie coach. Noodles was able to win early with that combination. There will be almost an entirely new roster in 2 years and we'll have a good idea at that point if SDSUs success will be sustainable. 

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

SDSU has largely held suit until last year. It was more UNLV and UNM that really hurt. However, there is more uncertainty with them moving forward. They are a veteran team with a rookie coach. Noodles was able to win early with that combination. There will be almost an entirely new roster in 2 years and we'll have a good idea at that point if SDSUs success will be sustainable. 

If Dutcher puts an emphasis on offense to go along with our defense, then we'll rebound this year.  We've always had the shooters to do it, but it was wasted.  They just needed a system.   

36 minutes ago, aztech said:

If Dutcher puts an emphasis on offense to go along with our defense, then we'll rebound this year.  We've always had the shooters to do it, but it was wasted.  They just needed a system.   

That's the same thing Noodles did. UNM went from a solid defensive team to a high scoring one. With the veteran team that had defense emphasized their whole careers, it worked. Once those players left, they had a team that could shoot and score but was poor defensively, which led to inconsistency.

Just now, kingpotato said:

That's the same thing Noodles did. UNM went from a solid defensive team to a high scoring one. With the veteran team that had defense emphasized their whole careers, it worked. Once those players left, they had a team that could shoot and score but was poor defensively, which led to inconsistency.

Fortunately as long as Hutson is here he'll always have his say on defense.  

7 hours ago, PackNation said:

Haven't I read on this board you got caught right away and outed? Understandable why that wouldn't do much for you.

I'm in a typing mood, so let's have a little fun. ?Wow, it looks like someone has been following me closely for the last 10 years. Maybe you should tell us the story about my sock from 9 years ago. ? I'll bet you also have a special folder on your C: Drive that's named just for me, ?? and it's where you save all my quotes and positions I've taken on things in the hopes of eventually nailing me on a contradiction. Well, I'm definitely not perfect, and I do screw up, unlike you. I have news for you, though..... you do actually screw up, such as when you pick a dick quarrel w/me, and you proceed to always go for the wrong angle & issue. And it's a gift to me, so it's not hard for me to make you look silly. At times, DickGiant does that too. 

Ok, back to the Convert file thing....actually another one of my liberal wanker Nevada adversaries on this board actually admitted that he does have a special Convert file on his Radio Shack TRS-80. Do you want to guess who it is? Maybe he will chime in here and encourage you to come out of the closet with your obsessively creepy hobby. It'll be fun, and you can compare your Convert data. Good times for the king of being a total dick, DickNation. I hear you're making the move to expand to Europe soon. Who knows, maybe in 5 years you'll be pimping your total love for dick as DickWorld. ?????

kat.jpg

Welp @FormerFrog you've abused your posting privileges and can no longer start threads.  

• Like 3

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, FormerFrog said:

I think this thread is relevant considering the discussion on mwc recruiting.

As in why is the AAC under performing with "better" recruits against schools like SDSU?

Good question! Discuss. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, FormerFrog said:

ive advocated for a brand change for precisely this reason. The M_C will never be what it was when TCU, Utah, et al were here.

I don't blame the young man. There is clearly a branding issue.

Won't have to. We'll just beat your teams with lesser players like we've been doing. 

Hell, even AFA has won the last 2 out of 3 against Navy while they've been dominating the AAC. Lol.

MW = real P6

• Like 1

With the season starting I found it appropriate to merge all your threads into this one.  

• Like 3

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

61 pages. Holy poop 

Why is USU so hated around here?

• Like 3

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.