FormerFrog

Former Frog's thoughts on the MWC - 2017 edition

Three of the six Mountain West games include Utah State so it appears the Aggies are Mark Zuckerberg's favorite football team (after the Harvard Crimson of course).  The non Utah State games feature UC Davis, New Mexico State and Texas State.

I think this is a pretty good way to sell off the conference's inventory that otherwise wouldn't be broadcast at all.  CUSA sold most of its' best out of conference games with non-autonomous opponents so they are clearly much harder up to get any kind of exposure than the Mountain West.

Edit: Per the AAC thread on this some believe that this is a bad deal because there is not a report of what the dollar amount is.  I believe the overall details of the Stadium agreement aren't public but I would imagine there is an ad rate that scales just like regular ads on the web.  It is possible, but extremely unlikely that there is not additional money being earned by the mountain west on a 'per view/impression over time' rate.   

Full list below

• Saturday, Sept. 2: Miami (OH) at Marshall, 6:30 pm ET
  • Saturday, Sept. 2: UC Davis at San Diego State, 8:30 pm ET
  • Thursday, Sept. 7: Idaho State at Utah State, 8:00 pm ET
  • Saturday, Sept. 9: New Mexico State at New Mexico, 8:00 pm ET
  • Saturday, Sept. 23: FIU at Rice, 7:30 pm ET
  • Saturday, Sept. 23: Utah State at San Jose State, 7:30 pm ET
  • Saturday, Sept. 30: Texas State at Wyoming, 4:00 pm ET
  • Saturday, Oct. 7: Southern Miss at UTSA, 7:00 pm ET
  • Saturday, Oct. 14: Wyoming at Utah State, 4:30 pm ET
  • Saturday, Oct. 21: Rice at UTSA, 7:00 pm ET
  • Saturday, Oct. 28: FIU at Marshall, 2:30 pm ET
  • Saturday, Nov. 4: North Texas at Louisiana Tech, 3:30 pm ET
  • Saturday, Nov. 11: Southern Miss at Rice, 3:30 pm ET
  • Saturday, Nov. 18: Marshall at UTSA, 7:00 pm ET
  • Saturday, Nov. 25: FAU at Charlotte, 2:00 pm ET

EDIT:  Does FF always post after @fanhood points out the stupidity of certain smack that AAC hardcore must talk to "make Power 6 happen"?  What a stupid way to increase TV revenue - shitting on Boise and SDSU after you invited them less than a decade ago.  Stay Classy Aresco and FF

I think @fanhood antagonizes him somehow on the AAC fan forum.  I've visited that forum and there's pretty much always a topic about this related to the Power 6 where  @fanhood is putting out what I would consider MW board consensus is about their BS.  I checked the thread about the new FB agreement and, again, that thread's life is kind of sync with FF's post here on that topic.  FF more or less is putting that board's consensus  here without the intelligence of @pesikor a @UofMTigers 

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

Pretty sure MWC had games on Twitter last season.  I remember watching UNLV vs. Idaho.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/unlv/unlv-football/unlv-football-idaho-game-will-be-broadcast-live-on-twitter/

USU vs Weber State was the first ever football game livestreamed on twitter. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, brillio said:

I might be in the minority, but I like the MWC seeking alternative ways for exposure.  18-30 year olds are probably on twitter/facebook more than they are near a tv with cable. 

Instagram and Snapchat, Facebook is for us old ass 45-year-olds (I have a 21-year-old daughter).

9 minutes ago, Brew_Poke said:

Instagram and Snapchat, Facebook is for us old ass 45-year-olds (I have a 21-year-old daughter).

We gotta get on Snapchat then. The ten second limit might be a problem but that's how long each play lasts anyway. 

Hey formerfrog troll... you looking to pick a fight again? Remember what happened to you the last time you came here with that weak ass shite! :rotflmfao:

giphy.gif

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

12 hours ago, sean327 said:

This is bad news for the conference. We are truly phucked when the new negotiations happen. This free streaming devalues the MWC product big time. Once again Hair finds a way to screw everything up. This is beyond stupid in every way.

7ac.jpg

Football_on_Facebook-1024x576.png

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

8 hours ago, Bruininthebay said:

I think @fanhood antagonizes him somehow on the AAC fan forum.  I've visited that forum and there's pretty much always a topic about this related to the Power 6 where  @fanhood is putting out what I would consider MW board consensus is about their BS.  I checked the thread about the new FB agreement and, again, that thread's life is kind of sync with FF's post here on that topic.  FF more or less is putting that board's consensus  here without the intelligence of @pesikor a @UofMTigers 

LOL huh?

EVERYONE'S TALKING BRO.

• Like 1

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

19 hours ago, Bruininthebay said:

I think @fanhood antagonizes him somehow on the AAC fan forum.  I've visited that forum and there's pretty much always a topic about this related to the Power 6 where  @fanhood is putting out what I would consider MW board consensus is about their BS.  I checked the thread about the new FB agreement and, again, that thread's life is kind of sync with FF's post here on that topic.  FF more or less is putting that board's consensus  here without the intelligence of @pesikor a @UofMTigers OR ANYBODY ELSE WITH A 3-DIGIT IQ.

Fify

• Haha 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 8/23/2017 at 4:34 PM, FormerFrog said:

It's hard to see those programs rising up anytime soon with new coaches at all three.

For now, the MWC is heavily vested in Nevada's transfer strategy.

It's not hard to see that changing soon. By next season they will be three of the top programs on the west coast.