FormerFrog

Former Frog's thoughts on the MWC - 2017 edition

55 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Ah, the classic "they didn't want to be there".  Reality is what it is, and reality is that you guys get your asses beat in bowl games by G5 teams.  Isn't that a perception you'd like to shed, Mr. P6?  LOL

You have to win your games against G5 teams or nobody really cares if you win the P5 games, guy

You have it all wrong...

The perception going into those games is the superior conference is sending its weaker teams to play the champions of those leagues.

The AAC is literally throwing them a bone by participating.

That perception does not get changed regardless of what happens. Otherwise, we'd see any of those other conferences sending their under-performing teams to play AAC teams... and that just wont happen.

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

4 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

still delivering

keep it up, formerfrog.  don't listen to these turds.  the AAC is way better than the MWC.  if you keep going, starting threads, they'll finally be convinced.

LOL.. I still think your President was right when he didn't turn on Benson and fought for the WAC's raid of the MWC.

He saw the turd that was forming... All we're reading from MWC fans here is the flatulence from said turd.

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

Just now, FormerFrog said:

LOL.. I still think your President was right when he didn't turn on Benson and fought for the WAC's raid of the MWC.

He saw the turd that was forming... All we're reading from MWC fans here is the flatulence from said turd.

i took 'turd'

pick a new word.

On 8/6/2017 at 1:16 PM, mugtang said:

You do realize that the AAC teams have more commits currently than the MWC teams, right?  And that effects the composite ratings.  Uconn has 14 commits compared to Boise's 9, so that's why they have a higher composite rating.  

That would be contradictory of a troll post. Of course he can't include facts. 

• Like 1

Just now, AndroidAggie said:

i took 'turd'

pick a new word.

Island of Misfit Toys...

Which is apropos in this recruiting discussion... It sounds like all these unaccounted-for "future commits" will be a misfit toy that didn't get the bigger offer they were waiting for.

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

1 minute ago, Las Vegas Reb said:

That would be contradictory of a troll post. Of course he can't include facts. 

So this falls under fake news and alternative facts. 

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

I know what kind of pie you enjoy, puntang pie. 

That's like saying pizza pie.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FormerFrog said:

Island of Misfit Toys...

Which is apropos in this recruiting discussion... It sounds like all these unaccounted-for "future commits" will be a misfit toy that didn't get the bigger offer they were waiting for.

"a propos"

two words

• Like 2

This kid picks Idaho over SMU?  He could've been playing in the P6.  Stooopid decision. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, FormerFrog said:

You have it all wrong...

The perception going into those games is the superior conference is sending its weaker teams to play the champions of those leagues.

The AAC is literally throwing them a bone by participating.

That perception does not get changed regardless of what happens. Otherwise, we'd see any of those other conferences sending their under-performing teams to play AAC teams... and that just wont happen.

You're literally wrong in saying that.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

1-9

giphy.gif

I'm cool with you guys being the "recruiting champs" tho.

Believe me, I understand the psychology behind putting your head in the sand..

But when your standard bearer would only place 12th.. that's a collective disaster.. at any time of year.

And its not just recruiting champs... Check RPI, Massey, take your pick.. TRIANGULATE. 

I think you underestimate the disastrous consequences of trading programs like BYU for Utah state. You don't recover from that.

MWC, MVC, MAC.. Take your pick

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

4 minutes ago, FormerFrog said:

Believe me, I understand the psychology behind putting your head in the sand..

But when your standard bearer would only place 12th.. that's a collective disaster.. at any time of year.

And its not just recruiting champs... Check RPI, Massey, take your pick.. TRIANGULATE. 

I think you underestimate the disastrous consequences of trading programs like BYU for Utah state. You don't recover from that.

MWC, MVC, MAC.. Take your pick

No, seriously, guy.  I said I'm cool with you guys being the recruiting champs in August of 2017.  You guys are awesome.  P6 and whatnot!

• Like 2

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Since former frog consistently claims that they didn't "Want to be there playing G5 competition" as a bullshit excuse for losing bowl games, that means the same logic has to apply to their wins over FSU and Baylor, guess you only won because they didn't want to be there playing a G5 school. Looking forward to the magic garbage excuse he has for this one ?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, utgrizfan said:

Since former frog consistently claims that they didn't "Want to be there playing G5 competition" as a bullshit excuse for losing bowl games, that means the same logic has to apply to their wins over FSU and Baylor, guess you only won because they didn't want to be there playing a G5 school. Looking forward to the magic garbage excuse he has for this one ?

When you play M_C type conferences, it's going to be with a lower ranked squad versus their standard bearer. Every time. Usually those lower ranked squads have issues, whether its been a brutal season (like in Navy's case) and they're on their 3rd -4th QB, or perhaps their coaching staff was poached. It's not a garbage excuse. It's an exhibition game that is worth playing just to get the extra reps. I have no problem with them or the results. To pretend they are a statement of equality ignores why those two programs were matched in the first place. It's your reward to play any AAC squad. Even when its AAC6 versus MWC1.

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

9 minutes ago, FormerFrog said:

When you play M_C type conferences, it's going to be with a lower ranked squad versus their standard bearer. Every time. Usually those lower ranked squads have issues, whether its been a brutal season (like in Navy's case) and they're on their 3rd -4th QB, or perhaps their coaching staff was poached. It's not a garbage excuse. It's an exhibition game that is worth playing just to get the extra reps. I have no problem with them or the results. To pretend they are a statement of equality ignores why those two programs were matched in the first place. It's your reward to play any AAC squad. Even when its AAC6 versus MWC1.

:rotflmfao:

• Like 1