FormerFrog

Former Frog's thoughts on the MWC - 2017 edition

3 hours ago, nvspuds said:

I have no problem if Thompson is fired.  I would guess his replacement will likely come from within...

For the sake of the MWC it better not since Thompson's chief deputy is a total dolt.

Edit: Actually that is probably irrelevant since the MWC will hardly be recognizable by 2025 anyway.

Boom goes the dynamite.

A conference with 3 in California and 4 in Texas will dominate the recruiting trail.

CUSA is WEAKer than the MWC! It's time to annex Texas. Basketball and football aren't very good. The MWC really has nothing to lose by GOING BACK TO THE 16 TEAM WAC model. coffee2.gif

Whether some of you wont admit it or not, those are your brothers.

The WAC16 was ahead of its time. Annexing Texas rights a wrong that has sent the MWC down the poop schute.

So many bad thing have happened since then. Boise robbed everyone here after they triggered large scale WAC poaching.

There is no half pregnant since you let in the dregs. You gotta get the refugees from Texas... who you forgot when Pubic Hair started buying MWC stationary.

The MWC prides itself on being innovative. Everyone here knows 16 teams are coming sooner rather than later.

ANNEX TEXAS

• Like 1

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

Re my RAMs being Vandalized in the Tater Bowl...their Coaches recognized the weather & field conditions and made immediate adjustments.  They fully outsmarted our SEC brain trust  -- who never prepp'd for or played any games on such a field & in such icy weather.  Vandal Coaches Won that game via brilliant planning & game-day adjustments.

It's not Rocket Science... CSU needed to do exactly as Vandals did --- stop trying to Run Outside the hash marks (its Ice out there), focus all your Blocking Power (bodies) inside the Hashes (leaving defenders alone who are out in Siberia defending all the action that's not there)... suck those OutSide defenders inside, then throw a Pass out there where nobody's running,  and watch them try to recover on the ICE.  The O always has an advantage in sloppy field conditions & poor weather.

Once Bobo & Staff finally got it.... toooooooo late   I've not been to Moscow, but was just up in Coeur D'Alene & Spokane.   Quite impressive IMHO.  

23 hours ago, RAMification said:

I've not been to Moscow, but was just up in Coeur D'Alene & Spokane.   Quite impressive IMHO.  

Coeur D'Alene is awesome.

I love that area, and the best steak I've ever had was at Wolf Lodge Inn (the original, not the one in Spokane).  I love me some of those cowgirls.

The 'Big 3' in the MWC are no more.

Now the MWC has Nevada. THAT'S IT.  The MVC has Illinois State and Northern Iowa. Bottom line: The MWC is still making out in the Challenge Series with the Missouri Valley. And if the MVC adds VALPO like its assumed they will, the MVC will help the MWC's RPI and Sagarin MORE THAN THE REVERSE!

So, let's think about this here. If the MWC wants to get some respect, it NEEDS the MVC.

This is a 1 BID Conference. The MVC typically gets more than that.

I'd love to see the Challenge games given a name... Like "The Poached Tatanka" Series.

• Like 1

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

19 hours ago, SpartanDude said:

Coeur D'Alene is awesome.

I love that area, and the best steak I've ever had was at Wolf Lodge Inn (the original, not the one is Spokane).  I love me some of those cowgirls.

Wolf Lodge serves the best steak in the nation, I am convinced.

Image result for wolf lodge coeur d'alene idaho steak

Image result for wolf lodge coeur d'alene idaho steak

Yes, I realize the Mountain West is deliberating in whether to cut the TV cord. I'm also aware that the CUSA TV deal dropped dramatically...

But, IF, the MWC attempts to negotiate a television deal, how much do you think the rights will be worth?? Will it go to the open market??? Will there be multiple bidders??

OR, will the MWC explore a deal similar to the CUSA with beIN? Personally, I think beIN will be the Mountain Wests best option.

What are your guesses, MWC fans?

beIN-College-Football-Logo-e147319278984

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/college-gridiron-365/os-cusa-tv-revenue-drops-dramatically-under-new-deal-20160607-story.html

• Like 1

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

5 minutes ago, FormerFrog said:

My guess is roughly equal to the CUSA deal but split 12 ways instead of 14... on beIN

Kb16tt.jpg

spilt 11 ways, Hawaii has their own TV deal that nets 2.3 million plus

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

2 hours ago, FormerFrog said:

Yes, I realize the Mountain West is deliberating in whether to cut the TV cord.

Not the MWC, just Craig Thompson. Cuz his antenna blew off the roof and he can't fix it himself and can't afford to pay somebody else to do so.

Everything gonna be okay though because he bought hisself some twin lead and fashioned another antenna out of a coat hanger. AND he goan git hisself a pirated signal from the widder next door.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 hours ago, renoskier said:

Hey, @FormerFrog just wanted to check in and see how your mega thread is progressing; 34 pages, not bad.

He didn't have a choice :D

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater