FormerFrog

Former Frog's thoughts on the MWC - 2017 edition

in the AAC you have 3 teams that need to step up their game in UConn, Memphis, and Temple...

same is true of the MWC...once UNLV, New Mexico, and SDSU get rolling again, MWC will go back to being a multi-bid conference.

• Like 1

mem skyline sig.jpeg

no, MWC now has the rep of being a 1 bid, 1 & done conference. You can't dig out of that hole once you get in it no matter how many jr pee wee post season tourneys you win

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

It's been 2 years of 1 bid. I'd hardly call that a trend. There a quite a few teams that will contend in 2018, including Nevada, San Diego State, Wyoming, Boise State, Colorado State, and Fresno State.

• 2017 - Nevada
  • 2016 - Fresno State
  • 2015 - Wyoming, Boise State, San Diego State
  • 2014 - New Mexico, San Diego State
  • 2013 - New Mexico, Boise State, Colorado State, San Diego State, UNLV
  • 2012 - Colorado State, New Mexico, San Diego State, UNLV
5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

23 hours ago, FormerFrog said:

Perhaps the MWC/MVC Challenge should be kept........ because both conferences are the same.

Each has been poached to the point of no return.

BYU. gone. Utah. gone. TCU. gone...

Multiple bids. gone.

The continued backfilling of WAC programs has created an RPI sandpit... It's swallowed the basketball conference whole.

ONE BID CONFERENCES SHOULD NOT HAVE MORE THAN 10 TEAMS!!!!!!

Now that FB Championship games have been deregulated, why hasn't there been an "Airport Meeting"? (in much the fashion that I laid out in an earlier post)

Similarly to the MVC (who are dealing with the loss of Wichita State and Creighton) the MWC has too many small budget programs that don't care anymore...

Both conference SHOULD maintain their friendship. It's a friendship born out of mutual experience.

Even the names are alike. MVC-MWC... The V to W suggests that the MWC is the evolution of the MVC.

Enjoy the challenge. Its like the Super Bowl of 1 bid conferences.

Yeah TCU really helped the MW not be a 1 bid league.  How many years did TCU make the NCAA tournament while in the MW?

• Like 1

With Wyoming and Nevada being CBI Champions for the last 2 years, I think we're seeing a trend for the Mountain West.

I really hope that in the future, the MWC has more teams go to the CBI and CIT tournaments. College basketball is big business and eventually those tournaments will increase in stature.

At one time the NCAA tournament wasn't what the NIT tournament was. Then it passed it in prestige.

The MWC really needs to "cut its teeth" going forward in the post season, and with 1 bid in the NCAA tournament there isn't enough meat on the bone.

Fresno State almost won the CBI in 2014. Utah State was runner up in the CIT in 2012.

I think history will look back fondly on the MWC's legacy in those tournaments.

Every MWC team that gets a bid to said tournaments needs to play in them... and WIN.

This conference needs to keep hanging banners in its gyms to stay relevant. There are only 4 teams that end their season on a win.

CBI%20CHAMPIONS%20Tee%202017_Web%5B2%5D.CBI_Champs_400_Close.jpg

• Like 2

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

2 hours ago, FormerFrog said:

With Wyoming and Nevada being CBI Champions for the last 2 years, I think we're seeing a trend for the Mountain West.

I really hope that in the future, the MWC has more teams go to the CBI and CIT tournaments. College basketball is big business and eventually those tournaments will increase in stature.

At one time the NCAA tournament wasn't what the NIT tournament was. Then it passed it in prestige.

The MWC really needs to "cut its teeth" going forward in the post season, and with 1 bid in the NCAA tournament there isn't enough meat on the bone.

Fresno State almost won the CBI in 2014. Utah State was runner up in the CIT in 2012.

I think history will look back fondly on the MWC's legacy in those tournaments.

Every MWC team that gets a bid to said tournaments needs to play in them... and WIN.

This conference needs to keep hanging banners in its gyms to stay relevant. There are only 4 teams that end their season on a win.

CBI%20CHAMPIONS%20Tee%202017_Web%5B2%5D.CBI_Champs_400_Close.jpg

FF, I'm assuming that you're an aspiring troll, and are serious about your craft. Let me give you a little advice. The best trolling is when you come across as a real person that believes what they're saying. Whenever you see bad acting on the tube or screen, it's usually because of over-acting...trying too hard to be a real believable person. 

The same applies trolling. If you hit too hard negatively, it becomes obvious that you're a phony and it, therefore, has no impact. You might as well start over with a new name because you're flat out busted. You also need to be OK with taking heat and being ridiculed at times. It's part of the job. When that starts to happen, you know you're on the right track. Good luck!   ? 

kat.jpg