FormerFrog

Former Frog's thoughts on the MWC - 2017 edition

7 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

I can't speak for the frog, but I'm a Merle fan. Thanks for the links. :rock:

BAMF Conference

SDSU, FSU, UNLV, BYU, BSU, CSU, HOU, SMU, MEM, USF, UCF, and Cinci

No divisions, just two guaranteed opponents every year (groups of 3)

SDSU, FSU, UNLV (West)

BYU, CSU, BSU (Mountain)

HOU, SMU, MEM (Southern)

UCF, USF, Cinci (East)

Cinci is likely first to leave for B12/ACC. So on Deck is one of (AFA, Navy, Temple, UCONN, or ECU).

For Hoops invite, Zags and Shockers.

TV revenue always helps performance issues by allowing better built facilities, keeping better coaches, recruiting budget, and buying more and bigger home and home OOC games.

Maybe AAC and MW don't need to merge or break themselves into smaller conferences.  Maybe we keep who we each have, maybe each add a couple more members or so, and form a tv alliance with a new, deep pocketed content player looking for their 'what the original big east was to the birth of espn' but without adding a bunch of non-football members (except maybe a key one or two each, if necessary).

It would be interesting if fed regulators allow at&t to acquire Time Warner. Maybe at&t-TW could use AAC and MW as their starter conferences to build a sports network like espn used the birth of the Big East....at&t could sell some AAC and MW games to espn on a season to season basis, also.

AT&T is buying Time Warner for "content". Like, and to keep up with, the Comcast/NBC-Universal deal. Surely a coast to coast college sports line up of AAC and MW games would be a great college sports content foundation for an 'att-TW Sports Network(s)', including an online digital sports network to rival WatchESPN.

If att wants to get into the college sports content game, I think their best bet is to pay AAC and MW a decent tv contract. Not current P5 numbers, but enough to allow a big monied corporation to move two conferences with good potential - who need just OldBE tv revenue amounts to get AAC and MW to realize their potential - and force a P7 in 4 to 7 years.

~ FF

11 hours ago, FormerFrog said:

This conference was born from an "Airport meeting"... And is the future success of current members tied to another one?

Conference championship games no longer require 12. So, could there be a group of MWC teams out there who wants to take advantage of the new 10 rule to maximize performance and perhaps add a few good basketball schools that make the league appealing for the networks?

Who would those pioneers be? IMO, UNLV and SDSU are now the kingpins of this deal (especially with the Raiders news). So, it all starts with them. They are the ramrods of the "Airport Meeting"..

You have to figure they would bring in-state rivalries, so you include Nevada and Fresno in the group. (Not SJSU)

So you have UNLV, Nevada, San Diego St, and Fresno. I believe at this point you MUST adhere to the PACs "pair philosophy" and add New Mexico, New Mexico State, Air Force, Colorado State...

So, who are the last 2 fb programs, you ask? Well, if Boise State agrees to equal revenue distribution, you add them. To keep them in check, you add the Idaho Vandals!! What are the Smurfs going to do about it anyway? CUSA? They burned their other bridges.

If Boise State doesn't play nice, you add UTEP and Rice as your #9 and #10.

I'm betting they keep their mouth shut. So you have these 10 fb schools, with common interests, as your "Airport 10"..

UNLV, Nevada, SDSU, Fresno, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Colorado State, Air Force, Boise State, Idaho (who is very good under Petrino)

THEN, to compliment basketball, the new league needs to offer up "Pubic Hair" Thompson on the alter of sacrifice, and bury the grudge with BYU for their Olympics. Also, bring GONZAGA with them from the WCC.

To compliment the 2 basketball powers, invite SEATTLE and St Mary's. That, right there is a big time geographically sound conference.

UNLV, San Diego State, Nevada, Fresno State, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Colorado State, Air Force, Boise State, Idaho (with Paul Petrino), Gonzaga, Seattle, BYU, St Mary's.

For the new conference commissioner you hire the Pac 12's Deputy Commish. He will understand the lay of the land.

THEN, You REBRAND (and I covered that in another post... The PCC.

There's an important airport meeting going on right now on how kill destroy pathetic socks. 

kat.jpg

Amazing.  I'm loving it.  My absolute front runner for the troll derby.  How often does such idiocy bring forth so much more idiocy.  That's talent!!

• Like 5

Air Force

Boise State

Colorado State

Fresno State

Hawaii

Idaho

Nevada

New Mexico

San Diego State

UNLV

Utah State

Wyoming 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Air Force

Boise State

Colorado State

Fresno State

Hawaii

BYU

Nevada

New Mexico

San Diego State

UNLV

Utah State

Wyoming 

FIFY Switch Idaho with BYU and make Hawaii a full member and move Boise to the West.

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

Really a bit sad to see so many posters continue to pine away for a return of BYU.  The fact is that BYU ain't coming back.  Since Utah entered a P5 conference, the Cougars will not join a G5 conference.  Period.  As to posters who longingly believe that we can create a "Best of the Rest" and have it become a P5 conference.  Just another illusion.  The current P5 will never dilute their revenue by letting any other conference join their exclusive club.  They will block that and they have the political clout to do it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SpartaRick said:

Really a bit sad to see so many posters continue to pine away for a return of BYU.  The fact is that BYU ain't coming back.  Since Utah entered a P5 conference, the Cougars will not join a G5 conference.  Period.  As to posters who longingly believe that we can create a "Best of the Rest" and have it become a P5 conference.  Just another illusion.  The current P5 will never dilute their revenue by letting any other conference join their exclusive club.  They will block that and they have the political clout to do it. 

Well said.

17 hours ago, kalua pig said:

left coast conference

byu

utah st.

boise

idaho

unlv

nevada

sdsu

hawaii

fresno

sjsu

You whiffed completely on a couple of the members but good job on the name.

Those who think the Molehill West can be rehabbed need a shrink.

SJSU to drop football and rejoin the BigWest. CSU and AFA to the AAC. Wyoming to the Big Sky. UNM to CUSA. Hairball to retirement.

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Air Force

Boise State

Colorado State

Fresno State

Hawaii

Idaho

Nevada

New Mexico

San Diego State

UNLV

Utah State

Wyoming 

Wyoming, Idaho and Utah st belong in the Big Sky. New Mexico in CUSA and add BYU for a 9 team conference.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

42 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Wyoming, Idaho and Utah st belong in the Big Sky. New Mexico in CUSA and add BYU for a 9 team conference.

If anyone knows about Performance Issues, it's going to be you...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

48 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

You whiffed completely on a couple of the members but good job on the name.

Those who think the Molehill West can be rehabbed need a shrink.

SJSU to drop football and rejoin the BigWest. CSU and AFA to the AAC. Wyoming to the Big Sky. UNM to CUSA. Hairball to retirement.

Flyover-phobic wishful thinking. SDSU will fold football before Wyoming drops to FCS. Y'all can't win a financial arms race against us...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

9 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Flyover-phobic wishful thinking. SDSU will fold football before Wyoming drops to FCS. Y'all can't win a financial arms race against us...

Tough to argue against your winning a financial arms race since I have no idea what you're talking about.

Boom goes the dynamite.

15 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Amazing.  I'm loving it.  My absolute front runner for the troll derby.  How often does such idiocy bring forth so much more idiocy.  That's talent!!

He's just trying to make the MWC great again.   And he's as effective in his 'planning' as the tool who made that phrase famous.

1 hour ago, Wyovanian said:

If anyone knows about Performance Issues, it's going to be you...

bend over and give me a call, I'll let you be the judge

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 4/1/2017 at 6:12 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

He's kind of grown on me though.

I appreciate his commentary. 

Thought you were going to say grown on you like a wart.

He's not Stunner, just a Stunner clone and not a particularly good one. Stunner's takes are almost always good enough to get me to respond to them. This, guy, OTOH, is batting only about .500.

Boom goes the dynamite.