Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fort Fun

Colorado State 2018 Recruiting

5 hours ago, dwidwell said:

Rams at or near the top of the MWC again and Wyoming near the bottom (as usual).  How can they beat the Rams when they can't even get a single three star into Laramie? Ditto for the AFA.

Those under the radar rocky mountain/midwestern kids is pretty good 

Related image

Yep.  I think the Rams (and Nebraska) regret not showing a little more love to Andrew Wingard.  I'm thinking Chad Muma and Gunner Gentry might play with chips on their shoulders for the next four years, too.  Gotta love coaches who can do more with less. Much tougher to recruit to Laramie than to Fort Collins. 

On 12/22/2017 at 12:24 AM, Traitmanz said:

Those under the radar rocky mountain/midwestern kids is pretty good 

On 12/22/2017 at 8:47 AM, dwidwell said:

Yep.  I think the Rams (and Nebraska) regret not showing a little more love to Andrew Wingard.  I'm thinking Chad Muma and Gunner Gentry might play with chips on their shoulders for the next four years, too.  Gotta love coaches who can do more with less. Much tougher to recruit to Laramie than to Fort Collins. 

This is just a false narrative that Wyoming fans are trying to push for some reason. There are three FBS schools that consistently sign multiple Colorado kids in every class, and all three of those schools have been bad-to-mediocre for the past decade or so.

Sure, CSU would have loved to have Wingert and that receiver, but they can't just sign a bunch of under the radar Colorado kids hoping to unearth a gem or two. CSU already has more Colorado kids on their roster than any school in FBS and the state isn't exactly a hot bed of football talent. 

Right now CSU is after a cornerback, he's visiting Fort Collins this weekend. Last weekend he visited ULL and on the 14th he did the whole Twitter commitment: "I'm continuing my academic and athletic career at ULL. RESPECT MY DECISION".

A mere three days later he tweets "My recruitment is still OPEN".

This happens all the time, obviously, but I've never seen it happen in the span of three days. High school kids are hilarious.

CSU added 3* 6’8 Juco OT w 20+ offers Keith Williams. 3 years to play

Also added 3* OL/DL Dallas Holliday. Boise, SDSU, BC offers

And our first 2019 commit in 3* CB Xavier Goldsmith. Several P5 offers already including CU. 

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

15 hours ago, LoFasZz said:

And our first 2019 commit in 3* CB Xavier Goldsmith. Several P5 offers already including CU. 

Holiday was committed to SDSU but didn’t want to sign in Dec, so it was a mutual split. Pretty good talent, hard to judge his ceiling though, as he’s already pretty filled out. 

2 hours ago, badfish said:

Holiday was committed to SDSU but didn’t want to sign in Dec, so it was a mutual split. Pretty good talent, hard to judge his ceiling though, as he’s already pretty filled out. 

Yes. He weighed in at 6’3, 300lbs with a 6’8 wingspan on his official bust this past weekend 

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

6 hours ago, badfish said:

Can't really blame the kid for wanting to hold out for a B12 offer.  :rolleyes:

As for "filled out", I reckon he's big enough.  I'll be interested to see the skill side.  We need that type of frame on both sides of the LOS.

CSU lands 2* CB Malcolm Magee from Mississippi. ULL, FAU, Utah State, UMass, ULM, Toledo offers. 

Bobo has landed us some very good SE under recruited players like him. 

Another SE boy in Georgia 3* LB Cam’Ron Carter. Marshall, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Tulane offers

Good tape though 

On 1/22/2018 at 9:35 PM, LoFasZz said:

On 1/23/2018 at 1:11 PM, badfish said:

On 1/23/2018 at 4:06 PM, LoFasZz said:

Yes. He weighed in at 6’3, 300lbs with a 6’8 wingspan on his official bust this past weekend 

On 1/23/2018 at 7:33 PM, Headbutt said:

Can't really blame the kid for wanting to hold out for a B12 offer.  :rolleyes:

As for "filled out", I reckon he's big enough.  I'll be interested to see the skill side.  We need that type of frame on both sides of the LOS.

Lol he just flipped to Boise.  Kid seems like kind of a spaz.  Will play on the O-line for us.

9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Lol he just flipped to Boise.  Kid seems like kind of a spaz.  Will play on the O-line for us.

Saw that. Wonder if he’ll make it to signing day. 

36 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Saw that. Wonder if he’ll make it to signing day. 

If his arms are really that long, OL seems like a good fit. Boise has had a lot of success switching DTs into OL. Four time All Pro Ryan Clady came in as a DT. Matt Paradis, who starts for the Denver Broncos, did the same thing. Ezra Cleveland, this year, was the first FR to start at LT since four year starter and Super Bowl Champ Daryn Colledge, and he also came in as a DT.

Meh take Holliday. Just landed a higher ranked 3* in Kavesz Sherard. Clemson, Unc, Tennessee, Duke offers etc. Far better tape as well

1 hour ago, LoFasZz said:

Meh take Holliday. Just landed a higher ranked 3* in Kavesz Sherard. Clemson, Unc, Tennessee, Duke offers etc. Far better tape as well

Definitely a better prospect, imo. Hope he qualifies.