Jump to content
Warbow

lets play what if the mwc disbanned

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, nvspuds said:

Why would the MW disband?

C'mon, Warturd's asking what would happen if it disbans.

Whatever "disbanning" is. Perhaps that's his way of saying, "Let BYU* back in." Or, in other words, "...disban BYU*.

I really don't know. Warturd's gonna Warturd. His Mom must've ditched him and run off with a Cowboy somewhere along the way for him to ignore reality the way he does.

Guy's got Wyoming Derangement Syndrome...

Image result for deranged people

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

I assume that Nevada would be able to schedule games with the following teams that we have a history with:

1) UNLV

2) USU

3) SJSU

4) BSU

5) Fresno

6) BYU

7) Idaho

8) NMSU

9) La Tech

10) Hawaii

11) CSU

12) Wyoming (to a lesser extent that most on this list)

The usual FCS teams - UC Davis, Cal Poly, Idaho State, Montana, Montana State, Portland State,

and The P5 teams that we've had on the schedule on numerous occasions - WSU, OSU, Oregon. I'd like to see Cal and Utah on the schedule on a regular basis too as neighboring state schools along with Arizona. I think we could fill up a schedule without too much of a problem using these schools. 

 

you should get a whopping 15K for every game but Boise St and Hawaii. with no TV games to boot. You would be better off in the Big Sky with Wyoming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warbow said:

I don't think so, each school I listed (maybe except fresno st) wouldn't have a hard time filling a home schedule without scheduling each other

Guy, seriously, you need to have someone pull your head out of your azz. The fumes are starting to cause long term effects...

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Warbow said:

that's a tuff road schedule full of body bag games. what about the TV monies, how would you make that up? oh silly me, the body bag games should do it.

I already typed it would be reduced bit I think Root or someone might give Wyo a small deal.  I not arguing it would be easy.  Cuts would have to be made or sports would be dropped but Wyoming could make a run at it

What happens to Hawaii or Fresno or any other school if they play alot of P5s and their teams start to go 4-8?  Can they sustain it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

I already typed it would be reduced bit I think Root or someone might give Wyo a small deal.  I not arguing it would be easy.  Cuts would have to be made or sports would be dropped but Wyoming could make a run at it

What happens to Hawaii or Fresno or any other school if they play alot of P5s and their teams start to go 4-8?  Can they sustain it?

not sure, financially yes not sure about fan support.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

I already typed it would be reduced bit I think Root or someone might give Wyo a small deal.  I not arguing it would be easy.  Cuts would have to be made or sports would be dropped but Wyoming could make a run at it

What happens to Hawaii or Fresno or any other school if they play alot of P5s and their teams start to go 4-8?  Can they sustain it?

NO.  Hawaii is probably the team in this conference that would stand a shot at indy, but they wouldn't get rich doing so.  With their week zero to offer they would become the P5 slumpbuster, and could probably get some of what they're making now on the PPV view thing.  They would lose a little G5 luster without the travel subs.  Still, I don't think all that would be enough.  

Hawaii is in the MWC because they need to be, not because they want to be.  Just like the rest of us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

NO.  Hawaii is probably the team in this conference that would stand a shot at indy, but they wouldn't get rich doing so.  With their week zero to offer they would become the P5 slumpbuster, and could probably get some of what they're making now on the PPV view thing.  They would lose a little G5 luster without the travel subs.  Still, I don't think all that would be enough.  

Hawaii is in the MWC because they need to be, not because they want to be.  Just like the rest of us.

negative, with our game zero week and 13th game and our own TV deal we don't need the MWC or any other conference for all that matters. G-5 schools love to come to Hawaii and play. They love to schedule 1 and 1's with us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewMexicoSt. said:

Wouldn't they just schedule each other? Lol

okay, that would give them a 3 game home schedule ... FCS fans should really stay out of big boy conversations, it's beyond your comprehension.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warbow said:

I don't think so, each school I listed (maybe except fresno st) wouldn't have a hard time filling a home schedule without scheduling each other

BYU stuggles and schedules MWC teams, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pokebball said:

BYU stuggles and schedules MWC teams, right?

nobody in their right mind would schedule Wyoming in Laramie if they didn't get paid to go there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Warbow said:

nobody in their right mind would schedule Wyoming if they didn't get paid to go there.

The problem with independence are the months of Oct and Nov when conf schools are playing conf games.  If Wyo joined another conference, those are the games we'd be playing in Oct and Nov, half of them at home..  BYU has stated they'd place us in Nov, home and homes, and we've said no tacos!  You know they'd rather play a P5 school but for the most part, they're busy playing their conf games.

Your scenario is really kind of stupid.  The MWC wouldn't disband.  You would leave and go independent, along with whoever the others are.  The rest of us would continue the MWC and invite teams to replace you.  We most likely wouldn't be as strong, but we'd still be together with a few new conference mates.

We will survive...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pokebball said:

The problem with independence are the months of Oct and Nov when conf schools are playing conf games.  If Wyo joined another conference, those are the games we'd be playing in Oct and Nov, half of them at home..  BYU has stated they'd place us in Nov, home and homes, and we've said no tacos!  You know they'd rather play a P5 school but for the most part, they're busy playing their conf games.

Your scenario is really kind of stupid.  The MWC wouldn't disband.  You would leave and go independent, along with whoever the others are.  The rest of us would continue the MWC and invite teams to replace you.  We most likely wouldn't be as strong, but we'd still be together with a few new conference mates.

We will survive...

You would be another WAc and fold in football

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

I already typed it would be reduced bit I think Root or someone might give Wyo a small deal.  I not arguing it would be easy.  Cuts would have to be made or sports would be dropped but Wyoming could make a run at it

What happens to Hawaii or Fresno or any other school if they play alot of P5s and their teams start to go 4-8?  Can they sustain it?

We're getting way ahead of ourselves here. Can they sustain the success in the Mountain Worst, Worst of the Worst Division? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Warbow said:

nobody in their right mind would schedule Wyoming in Laramie if they didn't get paid to go there.

I believe the Wyoming-Oregon home and home game is straight up each team makes what they make at home.  That's it.  I think Wyoming could continue to do that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

I believe the Wyoming-Oregon home and home game is straight up each team makes what they make at home.  That's it.  I think Wyoming could continue to do that.

The Oregon fans were not happy with the home and home because they're smart enough to acknowledge they could lose to Wyoming in front of a national audience (which of course would not be a good look for Oregon). Good thing fans don't dictate program agreements.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...