Warbow

lets play what if the mwc disbanned

1 hour ago, Warbow said:

Not a silly question at all. I keep hearing how strong your programs are in this Trailer Park Conference (TPC), mainly from the range schools who we know can't survive on it's own.  Wyoming had been riding the BYU's coattails for decades yet their fans are the biggest proponent of keeping BYU out of the TPC because they found another cash cow in Hawaii and Boise St to support them. SJSU I can live with in the TPC because they know their place in college football and don't think they are the next Nebraska or Boise St. Nevada is harmless and I don't mind them in the TPC just don't think they survive without a conference. UNLV and San Diego St. are monster programs waiting to break out. Pac-12 material after their stadium gets build. My issue is with Wyoming mainly. They need a conference to survive in FBS and pretending to be a strong hold in this TPC when we know they're the biggest leech of any college football team. Half the US doesn't even know that Wyoming has a college football team.

Ah but they will if we were to make a run for an NY6 bid and break into the Top 25. If anyone has a shot to take us there it's the man and the coaching staff who built an FCS dynasty out of scratch. The same team that's based out of Fargo, ND and is well known for going into P5 territory and beating them on THEIR OWN turf! A team, that by all means, could make a ranking in FBS football on a consistent basis. If said run were to occur it would change the dynamic of the MW.

I'm not saying this will happen, but I'm not saying it won't either.

P.S. - people halfway across the world who follow college football took notice when Wyoming beat an undefeated No. 13 BSU and associated the win with Craig Bohl. I know, because I personally saw it.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

2 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Ah but they will if we were to make a run for an NY6 bid and break into the Top 25. If anyone has a shot to take us there it's the man and the coaching staff who built an FCS dynasty out of scratch. The same team that's based out of Fargo, ND and is well known for going into P5 territory and beating them on THEIR OWN turf! A team, that by all means, could make a ranking in FBS football on a consistent basis. If said run were to occur it would change the dynamic of the MW.

P.S. - people halfway across the world who follow college football took notice when Wyoming beat an undefeated No. 13 BSU and associated the win with Craig Bohl. I know, because I personally saw it.

Whoa!  Get this man some oxygen. Hurry!!!

3 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

NY6 game? Top 25 team? Did Wyoming turn into Boise St when I wasn't looking.

Wait, did you hire Nick Saban when I wasn't looking too. FCS dynasty is what Bohl will eventually make Wyoming.

oh wait, I forgot you got the next John Elway as your QB and a slew of incoming RB's that are the next Walter Payton and Emmit Smith.

P.S. people weren't shocked that Wyoming beat Boise St, people were shocked that an FCS team beat Boise St. No mention of Wyoming, all I heard was "who was that FCS school that beat Boise St?"

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

6 minutes ago, pokebball said:

That voice in your head?

Wyoming's living there rent free

nope, I charge them travel fees

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 hour ago, Warbow said:

NY6 game? Top 25 team? Did Wyoming turn into Boise St when I wasn't looking.

Wait, did you hire Nick Saban when I wasn't looking too. FCS dynasty is what Bohl will eventually make Wyoming.

oh wait, I forgot you got the next John Elway as your QB and a slew of incoming RB's that are the next Walter Payton and Emmit Smith.

P.S. people weren't shocked that Wyoming beat Boise St, people were shocked that an FCS team beat Boise St. No mention of Wyoming, all I heard was "who was that FCS school that beat Boise St?"

Haters gonna hate.

IMG_1036.JPG.09b75e773f5c4c43d9bcbca3516bf98f.JPG

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

On 4/9/2017 at 5:58 PM, Warbow said:

which MWC schools would be able to function as an independent in football? survive on their own without riding the coat-tails of other conference mates to survive? whether it's tv money, travel subs or tourney credits or bowl shares etc.

here is my list of teams that could survive on their own as an independent

1. Hawaii

2. San Diego St.

3. Boise St

4. UNLV

5. Air Force

6. Fresno st. (maybe)

the rest of you to include Wyoming will have join a conference to survive, most likely the Big Sky or CUSA. it's a testament to how strong your programs really are. aka Idaho New Mexico St.

I would re-band the MWC with some early Van Halen.

kat.jpg

That's easy for us, we have neighbors all around us that we have history with.

Arizona

Arizona St.

UTEP

NMSU

Colorado

Tulsa

Ok St.

Oklahoma

Texas

UTSA

Rice

Texas St.

Houston

ULL

La Tech

Tulane

Texas Tech

Baylor

North Texas

Playing against teams in central time zone works for us now that we're on permanent daylight savings time. Then throw in some Pac12 & Big 10 games and we're good, probably even better than we are now. Hawai'i would have to pay us travel subs to come play us.

On 4/9/2017 at 6:51 PM, LaradiseCowboy said:

We're getting way ahead of ourselves here. Can they sustain the success in the Mountain Worst, Worst of the Worst Division? 

Or as we like to call it...the champs division.

I think the MWC (like CUSA) will have no choice but to disband in the not to distant future.

There is simply a lot of dead weight and the new rules make smaller conferences advantageous.

An "Airport Meeting" would alleviate a lot of the struggles for the bigger contributors. Right now there are a lot of charity cases.

I suspect these same things were being said when the Airport 5 bolted.

Unfortunately, Kustra rebuilt the WAC with his dalliance with the Big East. Pubic Hair Thompson made moves that couldn't be undone when he bribed Kustra to bring Boise back to a forever changed conference.

Its a decision that now has put Boise into a box. Kustra waaaaay overplayed his hand. He destroyed a conference with the choices he gave that monkey Thompson.

The addendum to the bonus distribution is an attempt to fix the unfixable. Too late.

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

4 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

I guess they are lucky SDSU is there to bump them up a few notches. Still the 2nd to last division in FBS football.

And reigning MWC champs.  The west is this conference's Daddy.

13 minutes ago, k5james said:

And reigning MWC champs.  The west is this conference's Daddy.

Must be nice having those powder puffs on your schedule. SJSU (42-3) and Hawaii (55-0)!

@Warbow

How in the world did you shut out such a prominent program like Hawaii? Regardless of what CBS and ESPN say, that is SDSU's premier accomplishment of the season!

18 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Nothing like a 6 loss season to get a fan base thinking greatness.

Guest Dr. Dre
6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nothing like a 6 loss season to get a fan base thinking greatness.

No shit. The ultimate pie-in-the-sky fanbase is WHYome. Its the same thing every year.  He's just still drunk from beating Boise. But in defense of most of the other Cowgal dreamers, Laradise is on another level- Cowboy Junky-esque. He missed the day they were passing out brains.  

3 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Must be nice having those powder puffs on your schedule. SJSU (42-3) and Hawaii (55-0)!

@Warbow

How in the world did you shut out such a prominent program like Hawaii? Regardless of what CBS and ESPN say, that is SDSU's premier accomplishment of the season!

How many points again did UNLV hang on Wyoming?

Didn't Wyoming finish the season with a 3 game losing streak?

Didn't Wyoming finish the season losing 3 out of the last 4 games?

Coach with an overall 10-16 record on his way on to greatness?

Great start to your NY6 bowl and the top 25. Maybe your next John Elway QB can get you there.

20 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Ah but they will if we were to make a run for an NY6 bid and break into the Top 25. If anyone has a shot to take us there it's the man and the coaching staff who built an FCS dynasty out of scratch.

Somebody like this guy you mean? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Glenn_(American_football)

Boom goes the dynamite.