Warbow

rumor control

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

You are talking the old original WAC???  Wyoming barred Hawaii from joining the original MWC.

Hmmm...interesting. Apparently there are users on this forum that think Hawaii has the poker chips to create new conferences. I really do admire the vast influence the map-benders in Provo have over them though. It's chilling really. You guys are stealing their best players right from under their nose and telling them that they're BYU Light, and the schmucks believe it!!

• Like 1

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

2 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Nice job...seems like another wall hanging worthy, homerun Cincy thread....#dorkyboywonder

Here's my last post in this thread so Mug won't get mad. 

Every time you get beat up you come back the next day with your predictable post above. Whatever helps you save face. 

#KipIsKillingIt

9RhCWsL.gif?noredirect

21 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

BYU left the conference that had SDSU and Hawaii..I am not sure why they would want to form a new one with you..

Maybe to form a new conference sans the deadwood in this one?

Naw, couldn't be.

Boom goes the dynamite.

18 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Your school has no balls, and you know it.  SDSU is a coward school.

I've called for SDSU to join BYU as an Indy in football for years.  Said you guys could even pull Indy off, and get your own TV contract.   BYU would schedule you.  SDSU fans responded to that saying they love "competing for MWC Championships", and that Indy isn't as elite as being in the MWC.  Heard a bunch of crap how SDSU wants a rivalry with Fresno (of all schools).  That was all hogwash....  I think SDSU is in reality too nervous and scared to follow BYU as an Indy.  Your school will be MWC for a long, long time.  You and I both know it.

Sadly, I must agree.

But I'll tell you what. If you give me info that BYU would be willing to try to put together such a conference, I will go back to campus and demand to speak with John David Wicker about SDSU participating in its creation.

I'm straight serious.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

I think its GOING to happen. This upcoming TV contract could be the straw. And indy+Big Lots is SUPERIOR to this conference. Just take a look at BYU's sched this year. I'd kill for that. Only downer is playing in those small gyms for hoops.

Does it really matter though?  Sure, small gyms are lame, but it's basketball, and everyone has the same opportunity to make or not make the NCAA tournament.  People complain about 1 bid leagues, but that's what this place has been lately.  The rest of the sports in the WCC have been way better than here for BYU.  Football has been pretty fun despite a few drawbacks to independence.  I don't really feel like winning a G5 league title in football gets you all that much.  You're still competing against 4 other leagues for one good bowl, and they'll give it to some undeserving team with 0 or 1 losses more often than not even though this league is better than the other 4 leagues.  I mean, Western Michigan wasn't all that good this year.  They were ready to give it to Marshall the other year and they were soft. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

13 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Every time you get beat up you come back the next day with your predictable post above. Whatever helps you save face. 

#KipIsKillingIt

9RhCWsL.gif?noredirect

I know, you're a very, very strong poster.....and never predictable or redundant....#mr.original

somebody's under this dude's skin....too easy

19 minutes ago, Cincy said:

9RhCWsL.gif?noredirect

Why would mug get mad? You and your boyfriend Fales personally paid for his new Kia with your buffoonish behavior. If it weren't for you two he'd be working Reno's corners to keep afloat.

2 hours ago, Warbow said:

doesn't matter when then they get in or where they're seated it's 6 tourney credits vs 3 for the mwc.

Over the last four years, the MW has 10 credits to the BW's 7.  Aztecs' tourney success is the difference maker.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Hmmm...interesting. Apparently there are users on this forum that think Hawaii has the poker chips to create new conferences. I really do admire the vast influence the map-benders in Provo have over them though. It's chilling really. You guys are stealing their best players right from under their nose and telling them that they're BYU Light, and the schmucks believe it!!

They do have the poker chips.  However, they don't know it.  It's like the chips are inside the lining of their jacket because of a hole in the pocket.(It happens. I found $60 in my jacket once.)  When they find them, watch out!  They are practically already independent.  They already have most of the key features that the successful independents have had.

• They have their own TV deal.(I have a feeling that UH PPV games would again be streamed via ESPN3, like they were before they joined the MWC.)
  • They have some sort of an exemption.(BYU has mission exemption. Service academies have an extra coach and lax recruiting rules, UH has an extra game and/or week 0 exemption.)
  • They pay every team's travel to come to Hawaii.
  • They have their own bowl tie-in. (BYU gets agreements years in advance. ND has access to most of the ACC tie-ins. The service academies can have the military-themed bowls.)

The only real difference from independence other than competing for conference championships is that UH has to pay for their own travel on road games.  As an independent, travel would be covered by the host school.

If done correctly, UH would make a lot more money as an independent, and could realistically have 8-9 home games each year.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Over the last four years, the MW has 10 credits to the BW's 7.  Aztecs' tourney success is the difference maker.

what about the last 3 years

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 hour ago, nvspuds said:

BYU left the conference that had SDSU and Hawaii..I am not sure why they would want to form a new one with you..

they left because they got tied of carrying schools like Wyoming, CSU and New Mexico. They won't have to carry SD st and Hawaii, we carry our own weight.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

26 minutes ago, Warbow said:

what about the last 3 years

6 to 5 in favor of the MW.  Short story,  SDSU's wins in recent years is the only difference between the two conferences as far as tournament credits go.

Long story, I use the 2014 Tourney as my starting point because that's when Boise and SDSU were supposed to be playing in the BW again.  But since their decision to remain here, the MW has 10 tournament credits to the BW 7.   

That four year window includes three MW at-large bids to zero for the BW, and SDSU's run to the Sweet 16 in 2014 and second round in 2015.  For whatever it's worth, your current home has earned some nice coin though.

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

You guys really should treat Hawaii better than you do.  I think they bring more here than not.

That is easy for you to say Jack.  You guys take their best women, their best lineman and their best linebackers and don't even think about apologizing.  Oh yeah, and add on that you convert them and force to pay the church part of their monthly welfare checks.  Now who should be treating the locals better? hmmm.  Sounds a little bit funny coming from you.  At least we are honest and upfront with them.  We tell them simply, your gonna pay to play, and by the way we only want football.

• Like 1

Just now, slappy said:

That is easy for you to say Jack.  You guys take their best women, their best lineman and their best linebackers and don't even think about apologizing.  Oh yeah, and add on that you convert them and force to pay the church part of their monthly welfare checks.  Now who should be treating the locals better? hmmm.  Sounds a little bit funny coming from you.  At least we are honest and upfront with them.  We tell them simply, your gonna pay to play, and by the way we only want football.

Some of the stuff you post is beyond ridiculous.  They bring more by offering a 13th game and paying their own way for TV than a majority of this league.

We have 3 guys on the current roster from Hawaii. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

4 minutes ago, slappy said:

have to admit it seems they own a small portion of the island but the women there is nothing to write home about.

• Like 1