BestintheWest

Wichita St to the AAC

1 minute ago, UofMTigers said:

my thread is better than yours...just letting you know...

I didn't see another thread. Did you deletE?

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

I didn't see another thread. Did you deletE?

I merged 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I HATE THIS!

4 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Ugh. 

Missed opportunity. Huge missed opportunity. 

I agree.  Huge missed opportunity by the MWC.

Wichita State approached the MWC first.   Hair said "it ain't gonna be us", so they approached the AAC.   This could have been a big addition for the MWC.  Opportunity blown.

BeSwzr_CQAATlVU.jpg

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

I merged 

4 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

my thread is better than yours...just letting you know...

According to Mug I am superior. Good day peasant.

• Like 2

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

2 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

According to Mug I am superior. Good day peasant.

(the software makes the oldest post the top post regardless of how many thread titles there are. I also, usually, keep the thread title for the oldest thread but I won't tell anybody and let you tell others you're superior. :P)

• Like 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, RiverCityBronco said:

If Thompson can lure Gonzaga to the MWC then all will be forgiven.  Otherwise he has failed the conference. 

The difference is that Wichita State approached the MWC and actually wanted to join the MWC (before they approached the AAC).

Gonzaga has never approached the MWC about joining, and probably never will.

To state it in Idaho terms: "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush".

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, mugtang said:

(the software makes the oldest post the top post regardless of how many thread titles there are. I also, usually, keep the thread title for the oldest thread but I won't tell anybody and let you tell others you're superior. :P)

Regarding the software, I used to be able to post HTML graphs (from Wikipedia, and places).  Now it just posts garbled up text....  I wish it was like before. 

9 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

If Thompson can lure Gonzaga to the MWC then all will be forgiven.  Otherwise he has failed the conference. 

Unfortunately, Thompson has a major hard on for Rice and I'm not talking about Condoleeza.

I very much doubt that Wichita State ever had any interest in the MW.  The MW is a one bid basketball conference.  The AAC sends multiple teams to the dance. The travel for WSU is easier in the AAC, The money is better..Games played in Eastern Standard Time that increases exposure....They never even made any formal contact with the MW..

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

It's not a missed opportunity.  Why on earth would they go west versus east?  They are a bus ride from Tulsa, Houston, and SMU, close to most others not in CT and FL, and get the eastern-favored time slots.  As soon as AAC was interested, they weren't coming here.

Because, here is how this played out

(1) Wichita approached the MWC about joining.....(First).   Hair said no.

(2) Wichita moved to plan "B", and approached the AAC about joining. (Second).  The AAC said "Hell Yes!!!"...

The MWC had the opportunity to quickly add Wichita State before the AAC could, and said "it ain't gonna be us".  The End.