AZdogFan

Football televised games announced

57 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

ESPN/2   /=/  ESPN3

ESPN3 only games aren't a "national broadcast" and get zero.   Better than nothing, though.

Just from the Wyoming perspective, none of our ESPN broadcasted games were on ESPN3 in 2016. The majority of them were on ESPN2, with 2 on ESPN, and 1 on ESPNU. Headbutt is correct in his statement though.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

5 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Dodged the bullet the best we could.

Only 2 of our away MWC games are on CVS Sports.  At least UNLV and Fresno games are on ESPN.

Man, CBS Sports sucks.  Do they even have a streaming option yet?  They are way behind .

good to see that BYU does not fear play in Hawaii!  :P

• Like 1

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

6 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

The other thing I noticed is that no TV was announced for some of the schools' FCS games, or for some of their regular, FBS games. 

Perhaps this means that a lot of these games will be on Root Sports?

I looked at USU's schedule, and they only have 2 games, maybe 3, on national TV

http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/ust-m-footbl-sched.html

Very estout to get a BYU fans perspective on this. It brings value to the discussion 

Guest #1Stunner
33 minutes ago, cherrycrush said:

Very estout to get a BYU fans perspective on this. It brings value to the discussion 

We play 7 MWC games this season.  We are honorary members for 2017.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, cherrycrush said:

Good point sir. I am just jealous because all BYU games are nationally televised.

Sir, please tune in to BYUtv.

I want UNM, NMSU, and BYU to schedule each other in football every year.  (But not UTEP...They suck).

5 hours ago, Headbutt said:

So clearly not related to performance whatsoever.  More about who is willing to play on a Thurs. or Fri. night than what kind of eyeballs they actually attract.

No, it's more about the best games of the best teams being snapped up by CBS SN...

1 minute ago, k5james said:

No, it's more about the best games of the best teams being snapped up by CBS SN...

That is a big part of it.  I guess I'm suggesting my formula works after the initial CBS SN grab.  I see that SDSU got stuck with 7 this year, I think that's about their average.  CSU got nailed with 5 so we sort of moved up as we usually seem to get hit with 6 or 7.  OTOH, we only have a total of 7 on the TV slate so far so I'm not sure a couple more CBS SN games would have been so awful.

The CU and 'Bama games are out of our control but I'm sure they'll get some semblance of national pub.  That leaves the USU, Hawaii, and our FCS games to be addressed.  I'd put money on ROOT for USU, Hawaii will not be available off of the islands, and who really gives a shit about the Abilene Christian tilt.  Probably MWC network.

4 MWC ESPN Games? Tulsa game might get flexed in too. Million dollar payout for the A&M game?

Lobo football be like: 

tumblr_ofkowh9wst1ql0zqbo1_400.gif

4 minutes ago, PTR said:

4 MWC ESPN Games? Tulsa game might get flexed in too. Million dollar payout for the A&M game?

Lobo football be like: 

tumblr_ofkowh9wst1ql0zqbo1_400.gif

No more bonuses though for ESPN games or any games on national TV.  The exposure is nice though.

18 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

CBS should be showing some of the football and basketball games on the regular CBS network.  This falls on Hair Thompson for not demanding this.

I remember when a BYU vs SDSU basketball game (Jimmer era) was on the regular CBS network.  It was huge for the conference.

Remember when Hair got CBS to broadcast the MWC Championship game?  Yeah, so does CBS--ratings were so bad it will likely never happen again.

If there is ever a situation with national championship implications/or two high ranked teams (ala BYU/SDSU), then I'm sure CBS could make room on it's schedule for it.

At 1.1 mil going indy is no longer just a joke...there are probably 3 or 4 teams that can make more than that selling their games regionally instead of letting the MW mismanage the negotiation of their rights.  

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

At 1.1 mil going indy is no longer just a joke...there are probably 3 or 4 teams that can make more than that selling their games regionally instead of letting the MW mismanage the negotiation of their rights.  

Agree. This conference is shit and getting worse.

And I blame Hair 100%.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg