Jack Bauer

So begins the long walk through the desert...................

9 minutes ago, TheDoggFather said:

Yes, 2 Billion people love how boring soccer is.

3.5 million watch cricket and 850 million watch ping pong. I can't be held responsible for whatever stupid sports other people in weird countries watch! B) 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Hot dog eating competitions are far more entertaining than baseball or soccer.

Thanks for chiming in, don't let the fridge hit you on the way out.

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 4/4/2017 at 9:56 AM, ag4fr said:

I agree.  

Not much of an NBA guy.  Much prefer college basketball.

I enjoy going to a handful of baseball games every year, but Baseball is a dying sport.

April to August is a good time to get ouside and pursue outdoor interests.  Until football training camps begin in August, it's a good time to go pursue interest beyond spectator sports.

Actually, football is more of a dying sport than baseball. Numbers of players in Pop Warner are way down and ratings for the NFL are also down, though college football was up. Baseball has been gaining steam though. Little League numbers have remained steady and The College World Series had been gaining before last years final being mid-week and on the U, the MLB World Series last year beat the previous World Series best by 65% and the World Baseball Series set all kinds of records for viewers and attendance. Baseball can be boring and I get that people may prefer soccer, but that's because there are a lot more people out there who were terrible at baseball and their mom made them play soccer to justify the minivan purchase.

I'm kidding.

Sort of. 

The problem with soccer is that it is only entertaining to me at the highest level of competition. MLS doesn't cut it.

The problem with baseball is that it is only entertaining at the park on a nice day with a hot dog and a couple beers. Since "a nice day at a park with a hot dog and a couple beers" is pretty damn entertaining on its own why would I bother buying a ticket and spending 7 bucks a beer to do it?

• Like 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

6 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Actually, football is more of a dying sport than baseball. Numbers of players in Pop Warner are way down and ratings for the NFL are also down, though college football was up. Baseball has been gaining steam though. Little League numbers have remained steady and The College World Series had been gaining before last years final being mid-week and on the U, the MLB World Series last year beat the previous World Series best by 65% and the World Baseball Series set all kinds of records for viewers and attendance. Baseball can be boring and I get that people may prefer soccer, but that's because there are a lot more people out there who were terrible at baseball and their mom made them play soccer to justify the minivan purchase.

I'm kidding.

Sort of. 

The college world series has been gaining?  Back to back record low T.V. ratings.  Softball significantly outdraws it now.

3 minutes ago, happycamper said:

The problem with soccer is that it is only entertaining to me at the highest level of competition. MLS doesn't cut it.

The problem with baseball is that it is only entertaining at the park on a nice day with a hot dog and a couple beers. Since "a nice day at a park with a hot dog and a couple beers" is pretty damn entertaining on its own why would I bother buying a ticket and spending 7 bucks a beer to do it?

You grew up playing baseball like this, so you have no choice but to hate it. rsz_ha022.jpg?ixlib=rails-2.1.2&auto=for

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Pretty much.  I like watching soccer during the WC and the Olympics but that is about it.

There are just so many other activities I would rather do than watch baseball during a nice day.  The season is just too long to care about it.  I tried getting into baseball but just could not get myself to care about a game when there are 160 more of them.  Not caring about the regular season makes it hard to become invested in the post season.  

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The college world series has been gaining?  Back to back record low T.V. ratings.  Softball significantly outdraws it now.

Ping pong. People watch ping pong!!

7 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

You grew up playing baseball like this, so you have no choice but to hate it. rsz_ha022.jpg?ixlib=rails-2.1.2&auto=for

I played baseball when we lived in Denver. 

It was always at a cool park and it was always more boring than playing football or even just walking around

At least snow would have made it interesting

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

24 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Image result for baseball boring meme

Dude, I like watching cycling. By comparison watching baseball is like the millennium falcon go into hyperdrive for a kid in the 70's. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

Dude, I like watching cycling. By comparison watching baseball is like the millennium falcon go into hyperdrive for a kid in the 70's. 

I watch cycling too....I appreciate the strategy involved that those who aren't into cycling wouldn't notice or appreciate. 

6 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I'm mostly just joking.  If you have a rooting interest I think anything is watchable.  That is what makes the Olympics so great.  Sports you would never go out of your way to watch are suddenly can't miss events, cus Merica. 

• Like 1

NFL needs a spring/summer league football.

6 teams, 4 game playoff...used city owned stadiums without a pro tennant (cheap rent) in football loving markets...since it would be NFL owned, put the games on NFL network

cap the teams at 50 players....use unrestricted free agents, cut practice squad guys, and unsigned kids out of college.

St Louis (Edward Jones Dome)

Orlando (Citrus Bowl)

San Antonio (Alamodome)

Memphis (Liberty Bowl)

Birmingham (Legion Field)

Little Rock (War Memorial Stadium)

season could run April-July and kill the 'dead period'

mem skyline sig.jpeg