Jack Bauer

So begins the long walk through the desert...................

I agree.  

Not much of an NBA guy.  Much prefer college basketball.

I enjoy going to a handful of baseball games every year, but Baseball is a dying sport.

April to August is a good time to get ouside and pursue outdoor interests.  Until football training camps begin in August, it's a good time to go pursue interest beyond spectator sports.

10 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

This is the worst time of the year for sports, until camp starts in July or early August. 

I agree. It's also a slow time on the board :crying:

• Like 4

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, ag4fr said:

I enjoy going to a handful of baseball games every year, but Baseball is a dying sport.

You should tune into a sport that's not dying for these summer months......

Soccer

• Like 1

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

20 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

This is the worst time of the year for sports, until camp starts in July or early August. 

As soon as the Rockies inevitably fall about 15 games below .500, I have found myself relying on American Ninja Warrior to get my sports fix until football starts again.

Tis the long season. Sigh.

• Like 2

Since NHL and NCAA hockey are my second and third favorite sport leagues after college football I still have a couple months to go before the long walk.  The Frozen Four semifinals are on tomorrow with the championship on Saturday.  The NHL playoffs kick off on the 12th and last through the second week of June.  After that though things get pretty slow although I do enjoy the College World Series during the last 2 weeks of June.  Do any of these replace college football?  For me the NHL playoffs come very close but fall just short of the high that college football brings.

38 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Lies.

We still have troll derby to look forward to. Then we're REALLY in the desert

• Like 4

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

13 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

As soon as the Rockies inevitably fall about 15 games below .500, I have found myself relying on American Ninja Warrior to get my sports fix until football starts again.

Ditto for me except insert Minnesota Twins in place of the Colorado Rockies.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

It's dismal. During the FB season I DVR a boatload of MWC and Pac12 games that I never watched just for this time of year. In some cases I can't remember who won, so it's kind of like watching a real game. 

kat.jpg

28 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

I used to work a few blocks from Coors Field, and watched plenty of games on Root. All I can say is that I feel bad for fans of teams like this that are too cheap to ever contend (unless a miracle occurs). The Rockies ownership is similar to the Padres and other smaller market franchises that have crappy owners. They take advantage of loyal fans that show up no matter what. If no one showed up in protest, they would have to do something to invest more into winning or sell the team. 

kat.jpg

3 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

I used to work a few blocks from Coors Field, and watched plenty of games on Root. All I can say is that I feel bad for fans of teams like this that are too cheap to ever contend (unless a miracle occurs). The Rockies ownership is similar to the Padres and other smaller market franchises that have crappy owners. They take advantage of loyal fans that show up no matter what. If no one showed up in protest, they would have to do something to invest more into winning or sell the team. 

Rockies did have a nice run to the World Series few years ago. I went down to game three and saw them get destroyed by the Sox. It was a lot of fun besides the score. Seems like it's just hard to find good pitching for the Rocks, and probably most other teams. And when the pitching is solid, the bullpen sucks!

Don't feel bad for Rockies fans. Life is still okay for most of the summer.

57 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Lies.

We still have troll derby to look forward to. Then we're REALLY in the desert

The field of wannabe trolls is so weak these days, it's like watching scab NFL football (think NFL strike with replacement players for the younger folks not around then). I could probably go on a tear for a few weeks and win it just for old times sake and to make it a little less boring around here. It does take a lot of time to do it right, and I don't really have the time right now. Maybe next year if no one steps up. It would be really fun to do it to AAC teams, I'm sure any non-Mug owned AAC boards have thin skin and ban people as fast as the Donko board. 

kat.jpg

4 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

The field of wannabe trolls is so weak these days, it's like watching scab NFL football (think NFL strike with replacement players for the younger folks not around then). I could probably go on a tear for a few weeks and win it just for old times sake and to make it a little less boring around here. It does take a lot of time to do it right, and I don't really have the time right now. Maybe next year if no one steps up. 

Convert, you aren't a troll because of the amount of posts or, really, what you say in them

You're a troll because you are so incredibly oblivious to everyone else's opinion of you, of how you come across, of how terrible you are at communicating, and how you're CONVINCED that it's just a small group of people who don't like you instead of your bull in a china shop method of posting and your inner conviction that somehow the string of half-baked ideas and less formed excuses make any kind of point at all. 

• Like 7

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Baseball is by far my favorite sport so this is a good time of year for me.

As for the board..Former Frog/Stunner will flood the area with a jillion different contraction/expansion threads..That will keep up the post count...

• Like 2

At least the golf courses opened up around here over the weekend. The wind was blowing a hundred miles an hour and the course was soaked, but it was nice to actually play a game instead of watching it.

12 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Convert, you aren't a troll because of the amount of posts or, really, what you say in them

You're a troll because you are so incredibly oblivious to everyone else's opinion of you, of how you come across, of how terrible you are at communicating, and how you're CONVINCED that it's just a small group of people who don't like you instead of your bull in a china shop method of posting and your inner conviction that somehow the string of half-baked ideas and less formed excuses make any kind of point at all. 

I've always had you strung out. There are a few people that never got over the WAC vs MWC 2009-10 and we've gone at it since. You are at the top of the list for sure.  Seriously, you were epically butt hurt about what happened and you'll never get over it. Somehow you think bashing me is going to matter and hurt me in some way. That and your God complex makes it all the more hilarious. ? ? Carry on. 

kat.jpg

I like baseball, I actuality do OK betting on it.

The Reno Aces season  starts next week.

and Reno has a new local USL team that just started at the Aces ballpark. Matches held until October.

c0cecc08991673b226d4a9e2fcf9db6f.jpg

NHL playoffs start soon. a typical NHL player has to have a broken arm or leg to not play.

cerified_Subarus.jpg