NewMexicoSt.

APs Top 100 Men's Basketball Programs

Thought some of you folks would like this as well.

http://collegebasketball.ap.org/top-100

#25 UNLV (MW)

#55 New Mexico (MW)

#92 SDSU (MW)

#94 Seattle U (WAC)

#95 New Mexico St (WAC)

#96 Long Beach St (BW)

#96 UTEP (CUSA)

"Guns Up, Now Tear'em Up!"We Are New Mexico State University! #PROTECTTHEVALLEY

3 hours ago, NewMexicoSt. said:

#25 UNLV (MW)

#55 New Mexico (MW)

#92 SDSU (MW)

#94 Seattle U (WAC)

#95 New Mexico St (WAC)

#96 Long Beach St (BW)

#96 UTEP (CUSA)

UNLV and New Mexico State both spent a lot of time in the top-25 during their BW days.  While UNLV was also ranked as an independent and as a WCC member, NMSU hasn't been ranked since 1995.

Regardless, NMSU should come back home.  

3 hours ago, Poster17 said:

Amazing the Rebels are still in the top 25.

Even moreso that according to their algorithm it includes the 50's and 60's where UNLV wasn't even a D1 team.

If this was From 1970-present UNLV would still be top 10.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

5 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

No longer a "Got Heem!"  type of retort unfortunately.

Wasn't meant as a "Got Heem" retort... and when replying to an aggie post, you should stop using big words like that... thank goodness for the googles, or he'd still be trying to find out what "retort" means... and he's probably exhausted by now, trying to find out what "Heem" means...

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

6 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

UNLV and New Mexico State both spent a lot of time in the top-25 during their BW days.  While UNLV was also ranked as an independent and as a WCC member, NMSU hasn't been ranked since 1995.

Regardless, NMSU should come back home.  

Look I don't care what any of y'all say NMSU has more history than your programs. Especially those of the Big West. Maybe hard to understand but as a fan I'm happy with the WAC. We are the kings there and if anything the WAC is getting better. I just post on this site because I truly do enjoy Mid Major sports that much and a bit of homer to "Western Schools" 

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

Wasn't meant as a "Got Heem" retort... and when replying to an aggie post, you should stop using big words like that... thank goodness for the googles, or he'd still be trying to find out what "retort" means... and he's probably exhausted by now, trying to find out what "Heem" means...

lol 

9 minutes ago, NewMexicoSt. said:

Look I don't care what any of y'all say NMSU has more history than your programs. Especially those of the Big West. Maybe hard to understand but as a fan I'm happy with the WAC. We are the kings there and if anything the WAC is getting better. I just post on this site because I truly do enjoy Mid Major sports that much and a bit of homer to "Western Schools" 

NMSU has more history than UNLV? Lmao

14 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

YOUR STILL NOT GETTING IN!!!

Where's the intrastate love? Oh wait, I don't have any for FresNeck either. ;)

11 hours ago, NewMexicoSt. said:

Other than your 1970 final four appearance in a 25 team tourney, what history do you have?  NMSU does hold the distinction of being in the top 10 for  most vacated games in NCAA history.(64 games?)  Their only Sweet 16 appearance in 1992 was vacated by the NCAA, and NMSU hasn't won a game in the tourney since 1970.  So,...what are you talking about?

21 hours ago, NewMexicoSt. said:

#25 UNLV (MW)

#55 New Mexico (MW)

#92 SDSU (MW)

#94 Seattle U (WAC)

#95 New Mexico St (WAC)

#96 Long Beach St (BW)

#96 UTEP (CUSA)

You post this on the anniversary of our NCAA National Championship win and we're not on the list?  F you!!!

The World Needs More Cowboys!