kingpotato

Boise State #16 preseason (USA Today)

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

How many Boise St fans have complained about the safety dance?

... or homered the football team on this board. In general the posters on this board are less confident in the team than media, publications, and prognosticators 

57 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

How many times can we bring up the safety dance in the offseason?? More than the BSU homers care for! S:rock:

I love the safety dance. Almost as much as I enjoy how many fans in this boards' favorite football memory is beating Boise State. 

59 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

... or homered the football team on this board. In general the posters on this board are less confident in the team than media, publications, and prognosticators 

Never let the truth get in the way of a good troll....Real or imagined. 

6 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I love the safety dance. Almost as much as I enjoy how many fans in this boards' favorite football memory is beating Boise State. 

I saw the performance against Baylor...it wasn't pretty. Let's not have any grand delusions that this is the BSU of yore. A couple more seasons of losing to the AFAs and the Wyomings of the MW and all that ESPN love is going out the window.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

20 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

I saw the performance against Baylor...it wasn't pretty. Let's not have any grand delusions that this is the BSU of yore. A couple more seasons of losing to the AFAs and the Wyomings of the MW and all that ESPN love is going out the window.

How long do you think you'll ride Air Force coattails on this? Congrats on now been 1-10 against Boise. I'm sure the playoff committee has already taken note. 

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

The winner of the MWC will probably have 1 or 2 losses in conf. 

Yup. The West will be tougher, the MTN canabalizes itself. It'll be 2 good teams in the CCG, but highly doubt both are ranked. Hopefully at least one is.

15 minutes ago, badfish said:

Yup. The West will be tougher, the MTN canabalizes itself. It'll be 2 good teams in the CCG, but highly doubt both are ranked. Hopefully at least one is.

Wouldn't it be nice if we killed in OOC and actually could get 2 teams ranked with a loss 3/4 the way through the season?  Hope so.

kat.jpg

27 minutes ago, badfish said:

It won't. UNR, FSU, UNLV, and SJSU will all be terrible. There is a little bit of hope for Hawaii and SDSU will be one of the best in the conference. 

50 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

It won't. UNR, FSU, UNLV, and SJSU will all be terrible. There is a little bit of hope for Hawaii and SDSU will be one of the best in the conference. 

Fresno won't go 1-11 and UNR is no pushover. Hawaii could win the west, but I've lost hope for SJSU/UNLV.

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

How long do you think you'll ride Air Force coattails on this? Congrats on now been 1-10 against Boise. I'm sure the playoff committee has already taken note. 

Odd concept to be accused of riding the coattails of a team WYO beat convincingly. Will BSU figure out the formula for success against AFA in 2017? 

P.S. - Nothing against AFA. Great team. Great fan base and I hope you whoop BSU again.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

6 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

This thread is just goofy.  Not one TBSUF, but people are still smack talking BSU fans. :huh:

I think some Boise fans are kind of embarrassed by the preseason hype.  It would be much easier to go homer if we were being predicted in the 40-50 range saying "hey watch out, if things fall in place we could be pretty good".

I think you will be seeing Boise fans swallow a lot of abuse this off season.  

I just don't think we have anything to be cocky about, honestly. Until we can learn how to beat Air Force, preform consistently, and actually make it our of our division, we have nothing to crow about. I agree, the preseason ranking is nice for BSU and for the conference, but in my opinion, it means absolutely nothing. The past few years have tempered the TBSUF hommerism.

18 minutes ago, easybronc said:

I don't even know what the safety dance is.  I assume its a cowboy celebrating their once in a lifetime achievement of beating Boise.

You must have missed the game that arguably knocked you out of the running for an NY6 bid, but since you missed it here is the safety dance.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, easybronc said:

I don't even know what the safety dance is.  I assume its a cowboy celebrating their once in a lifetime achievement of beating Boise.

Don't be that guy. Give Wyoming their due.

• Like 1

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg