halfmanhalfbronco

Tomi Lahren fired and mocked by far right. Lessons to learn.

Ok, this pisses me off.  Tomi, whatever else you may think of her was a firebrand who championed republican thought and made a not insignificant impact getting young voters to listen to the republican message.  She dared to go away from the party line on one point and for good reasons and real conservative could at least respect even if they disagree.  She said she is pro choice because she favors a small government and constitution and rulings of our judges.

I find abortion to be abhorrent but understand its need for legality.  Other conservatives and libertarians here on this board do as well.  Now she is being mocked by the far right and just getting hammered.

I always liked Tomi, as much for her good looks as her fiery attitude.  She is not a political savant but nobody is at her age.  She highlighted the dangers of party orthodoxy.  People ridiculing her hate independent thought.  "Believe everything I believe-OR ELSE".  My respect level for her is at a 10 right now

Glen Beck can suck a bag of dicks.

• Like 2

She probably wasn't going to be there long. She's blown up within the last year or less.

As for the ridiculing...it's dumb. People who think strictly along party lines are a problem in this country.

This why i have no problem with the Tomi Lahren's on the right or the Bill Mahr's on the left.

People that lose the ability to think for themselves is the biggest cancer our society holds.

• Like 5

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

5 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

She probably wasn't going to be there long. She's blown up within the last year or less.

As for the ridiculing...it's dumb. People who think strictly along party lines are a problem in this country.

This why i have no problem with the Tomi Lahren's on the right or the Bill Mahr's on the left.

People that lose the ability to think for themselves is the biggest cancer our society holds.

Well, them and CSU fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

@BSUTOP25 can you move this?

Sorry HMHB but due to the pitchfork and torch wielding Subaru driving contingent on the Non Sports forum, I got fired as a mod. Maybe @mugtang, @East Coast Aztec, @Headbutt, @UNLV2001, or the new moderator replacing me (@bluerules009) will move it.  

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Sorry HMHB but due to the pitchfork and torch wielding Subaru driving contingent on the Non Sports forum, I got fired as a mod. Maybe @mugtang, @East Coast Aztec, @Headbutt, @UNLV2001, or the new moderator replacing me (@bluerules009) will move it.  

Are you sure it wasn't a trident?

wX7USOk.gif

However, on the actual topic here....

This is typical behavior for both sides these days. A political hero one day is an enemy the next because of singular issues. Our country is so damned polarized on subjects like abortion, that the second that someone expresses support for it, or a desire to ban it, then their other political opinions are immediately invalid. 

I can't say that I agree with much that I've heard from Lahren, but the way she's being treated right now is just wrong. 

9 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Are you sure it wasn't a trident?

wX7USOk.gif

Along with a trident, there were some tomatoes being tossed my way as well. I prefer being on this side of the fence.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Ok, this pisses me off.  Tomi, whatever else you may think of her was a firebrand who championed republican thought and made a not insignificant impact getting young voters to listen to the republican message.  She dared to go away from the party line on one point and for good reasons and real conservative could at least respect even if they disagree.  She said she is pro choice because she favors a small government and constitution and rulings of our judges.

I find abortion to be abhorrent but understand its need for legality.  Other conservatives and libertarians here on this board do as well.  Now she is being mocked by the far right and just getting hammered.

I always liked Tomi, as much for her good looks as her fiery attitude.  She is not a political savant but nobody is at her age.  She highlighted the dangers of party orthodoxy.  People ridiculing her hate independent thought.  "Believe everything I believe-OR ELSE".  My respect level for her is at a 10 right now

Glen Beck can suck a bag of dicks.

This conversation doesn't belong on this board but....

Tomi Lehren is nothing but a political shock jock. To get back to real progress, we as a people, as a culture, as a nation, we need to stop listening to these people. Educate yourself through unbiased news and other means and do away with the belief pundentry equals either. This crap is what divides as a people rather than coming to the table. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Las Vegas Reb said:

This conversation doesn't belong on this board but....

Tomi Lehren is nothing but a political shock jock. To get back to real progress, we as a people, as a culture, as a nation, we need to stop listening to these people. Educate yourself through unbiased news and other means and do away with the belief pundentry equals either. This crap is what divides as a people rather than coming to the table. 

Shock jock?  Because she was loud?  Nothing she said would be considered out of the norm politically.  Your answer really does not fit the OP's point anyways.  I don't care what you think of Tomi, love her hate or or indifferent. Nobody gets there news from Tomi, at least I hope not.  She is entertainment not news.  The WSJ is news, Maher is entertainment. The way she was treated for not following the party line is wrong.

Unbiased news he says.:lol:

Yea I will do that right after brushing my unicorn.

She can cry on my shoulder.  As can Stacy Dash.

The polarity of party line strikes again.  People make fun of moderates but have no problem gunning down their kin as soon as they drift with an opinion.  It has to be taxing to be forced to silence your thoughts, or be kicked out of your club.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Shock jock?  Because she was loud?  Nothing she said would be considered out of the norm politically.  Your answer really does not fit the OP's point anyways.  I don't care what you think of Tomi, love her hate or or indifferent. Nobody gets there news from Tomi, at least I hope not.  She is entertainment not news.  The WSJ is news, Maher is entertainment. The way she was treated for not following the party line is wrong.

Unbiased news he says.:lol:

Yea I will do that right after brushing my unicorn.

You are an idiot if you don't think that a large segment of the population doesn't understand the difference between the two. Listen to what Ted Koppel said to Hannity. 

We live in an idiocracy now. Congratulations. 

I don't think most people at 24, like she is, have a well thought out and experienced worldview. The problem as I understand it is she said she was against abortion for the last year then goes on the view and says she is for it. However I don't think that was the reason Beck got rid of her. I think there were behind the scene stuff going on and this made it an easy decision.

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Along with a trident, there were some tomatoes being tossed my way as well. I prefer being on this side of the fence.

You say tomato, I say piss bomb

• Like 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Guest RoscoesDad

Her first mistake was being exposed as a complete moron on the Bill Maher show.  Around smart people who actually could argue real issues, she was totally overwhelmed and clearly didn't have the talent.  Then she followed it up with the blasphemy of calling small gov't operation rescue Rs hypocrites,  That was like the double whammy kiss of death.  Just remember she was fired by the guy who made a career out of being a race baiting carnival barker who once called Obama a 'racist who has a deep seated hatred for white people'.  +++++ both of these idiots and anyone who watches or reads the Blaze. 

4 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Conservatives are always enamored with blondes with a full sweater and an empty head, who know how to stick to a script...

6x4xegv1ahgx.jpg

Somebody should have told her the secret to ratings success.

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.