RamSack

If you were K-State…

2 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

^ yep, that's all about gangs and drugs...like I said, don't sell drugs or join a gang...if you do, it could quickly get you killed off around these parts

So with a 1 in 12 chance of being a victim of violent crime in Memphis, a significant % of the population must be in gangs. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

So with a 1 in 12 chance of being a victim of violent crime in Memphis, a significant % of the population must be in gangs. 

you would be correct...according to SCSO 100,000 gang members in Memphis.

I don't think it's getting through to you...I live in one of the safest cities in all the Sate...I simply attended the UofM

Big XII sans Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas will care about $$$ not crime rates and attitudes on the LGBT.

I love living here in G-town.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 minute ago, UofMTigers said:

you could be correct...according to SCSO 100,000 gang members in Memphis.

I don't think it's getting through to you...I live in one of the safest cities in all the Sate...I simply attended the UofM

Big XII sans Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas will care about $$$ not crime rates and attitudes on the LGBT.

I love living here in G-town.

I'm sure there are some people that love living in Somalia too. 

I'm sure there are some people that love living in Somalia too. 

lol, did you just call Germantown with low crime, lots of money, fantastic schools, that's 90% white Somalia? those things sound like the opposite of each other, but OK...

notable G-town residents: John Daly, Steven Seagal, Joe Theismann, Loren Roberts, Matt Cain, Kevin Swindell, and Tim Howard.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

lol, did you just call Germantown with low crime, lots of money, fantastic schools, that's 90% white Somalia? those things sound like the opposite of each other, but OK...

notable G-town residents: John Daly, Steven Seagal, Joe Theismann, Loren Roberts, Matt Cain, Kevin Swindell, and Tim Howard.

NO WAY!

eabfff1d8ee803858def3d656e93b912.jpg

SOUNDS RAD!

• Like 2

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

Odds of running into trouble in Mogadishu are probably less than in the greater Memphis area. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

NO WAY!

SOUNDS RAD!

Eminem and Kid Rock live in Detroit. Must be an awesome place.

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

NO WAY!

SOUNDS RAD!

yeah, if I remember right a family member has cancer so they live here to make treatments at St Jude easier.

they had a McMansion out in Eads TN (pretty far out suburb that's around 45-50 mins from downtown Memphis) they sold that and moved to Germantown since it's only 30 mins from St Jude. 

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Odds of running into trouble in Mogadishu are probably less than in the greater Memphis area. 

so why does Germantown have such a low crime rate? I don't lock my house or car...for real, there's no point as it's such low crime and police respond inside of 5 mins....I believe we're at two murders in 20 years here in Germantown.

both were solved...one adopted kid went nuts and stabbed his parents, other was a feud between McDonald's employees.

http://www.qconline.com/news/illinois/former-mcdonald-s-employee-sentenced-to-life-without-parole/article_6e9156f5-23a7-59c0-98dc-38b6602efa53.html

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- A former McDonald's employee was sentenced Sunday to life in prison without parole after being convicted of murdering an associate manager at the fast-food restaurant in neighboring Germantown.

Robert L. Evans Jr. was found guilty Friday of first-degree murder and aggravated robbery in the Nov. 5, 1997, death of Delma Ramsey.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 minute ago, UofMTigers said:

so why does Germantown have such a low crime rate? I don't lock my house or car...for real, there's no point as it's such low crime and police respond inside of 5 mins....I believe we're at two murders in 20 years here in Germantown.

both were solved...one adopted kid went nuts and stabbed his parents, other was a feud between McDonald's employees.

http://www.qconline.com/news/illinois/former-mcdonald-s-employee-sentenced-to-life-without-parole/article_6e9156f5-23a7-59c0-98dc-38b6602efa53.html

Is Germtown U rumored as a Big XII candidate? 

6 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

is London U a Big XII candidate?

I don't know of any Londoners living a Big XII pipe dream.

I don't know of any Londoners living a Big XII pipe dream.

I don't think it's a pipe dream to believe the Titanic's deck chairs may be reshuffled in 2024...if Memphis ever does get to the Big XII, it'll be like the Big East...a shadow of it's former self...but I'm still down with that.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

20 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Neither.  The Big XII remnants will absorb the best from the AAC and MWC.  We make fun of Iowa State and the Big XII conference here but trust me a block of ISU, KSU, TCU, TTU and Baylor can attract any AAC and MWC schools they want.  The Big XII left behinds aren't going to sign up with either conference.  They'll form there own BoR and pray like hell it's good enough to maintain a Power conference status.

That's the big question really... if the left behinds of the B12, with the addition of which ever schools... would garner P5 status... or do the elites just label them as unworthy, and now  the latest G5 conference?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

That's the big question really... if the left behinds of the B12, with the addition of which ever schools... would garner P5 status... or do the elites just label them as unworthy, and now  the latest G5 conference?

oh yeah, it's contraction...you would have the Power 4 and the G6.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

5 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

One of these is not like the others. I'll give a hint, the school is located in a crime infested ghetto city. 

Ha, Houston.... Take that jerks!

• Like 1

In the end it just doesn't matter because my university will get whatever it wants and be on the inside on any incarnation of whatever conference it chooses and whatever incarnation of the NCAA or BCS that arises. Our ego only got bigger with the Pac-10, SEC and Big 10 trying to get us to join their conference.

Look, why don't you just be quiet before my university buys yours and closes it just for spite?

After Texas flirted with the Pac, Big 12 schools panicked. This will occur again as the Big 12 GOR starts to expire .

OU will contact every other P5 conference. Their only viable option is the SEC. The B1G will not invite them as they are not even close to being AAU. The Pac has already rejected them at least once. The ACC will not invite OU because of geography, population, and academics. OU will make a great effort to join the SEC.

Unless Tom Herman can make UT highly competitive, it must do something. Currently, it is not recruiting as well as it did historically. UT recruiting is being hurt by poor performance and greater competition. A&M and LSU are both recruiting well in the Houston area. Other SEC schools are also recruiting Texas more than previously. Recruiting by Baylor, and TCU has improved signicificantly.

Ultimately, OU and UT will join the SEC. They both have old rivals and close neighbors in the SEC.

The remaining Big 12 schools with the possible exception of Kansas will be left behind. They will invite several schools in an attempt to remain a P5. They will fail, but they will be the BOR. My guess would be Cincinnati, CSU, Memphis, and Houston. They would like CSU because of geography and fit. They would need the others for markets and recruiting.