6 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

No, it's proof that UNLV football is less of a priority than NFL football (and securing major events) .

The Fertita Football Complex is proof that UNLV football is still a priority as well.

It's proof Las Vegas is more concerned with the NFL than crime and institutional idiocy.

The Fertitta Football Complex is proof the Fertittas have UNLV Football on their priorities list...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

16 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Except they don't have their own on-campus stadium appropriate to UNLV Football. Sort of a big piece...

Still a huge jump for them. Their challenge is to make it work and increase interest in Rebel FB. Not an easy task for a historically horrible program. 

• Like 1

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Still a huge jump for them. Their challenge is to make it work and increase interest in Rebel FB. Not an easy task for a historically horrible program. 

One now competing with an NFL team for attention and staring down the barrel of a shared stadium relationship with Mark Davis. Good luck with that...

2 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

The Fertitta Football Complex is proof the Fertittas have UNLV Football on their priorities list...

And it's proof Las Vegas is more concerned with the NFL than crime and institutional idiocy...

So when are we folding the tent? 1 year? 2 years? How long until UNLV's impending doom strikes us?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Yes. We have to keep remembering that we're talking about 2-10 year after year UNLV football. This might not be as amazing for other schools but it's a massive step-up for UNLV.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

So when are we folding the tent? 1 year? 2 years? How long until UNLV's impending doom strikes us?

I honestly don't see UNLV Football lasting ten more seasons at its current pace with an NFL team in town...

Just now, Wyovanian said:

I honestly don't see UNLV Football lasting ten more seasons at its current pace with an NFL team in town...

10 seasons it is. I'll let Tony know. The doomsday clock is ticking.

It's cool tho. I mean we are supposed to run out of water before then anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wyovanian said:

That's not unfair, but think we could see more and more college football programs go by the wayside as well. Times are a changing.

• Like 2

Just now, SharkTanked said:

10 seasons it is. I'll let Tony know. The doomsday clock is ticking.

It's cool tho. I mean we are supposed to run out of water before then anyway.

Zing!

4 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

One now competing with an NFL team for attention and staring down the barrel of a shared stadium relationship with Mark Davis. Good luck with that...

Still beats what they had.  

The raiders won't hurt Rebel FB. It remains to be seen if the new stadium helps for more than a season.  Either way, the Rebs have to put a better product on the field. 

• Like 2

Barack Obama

Guest RoscoesDad
1 hour ago, Byutop25 said:

Tony Sanchez was just on espn 1100 Las Vegas and he said the facilities will be a game changer for recruiting.  

Of course it is.  Everyone here pissing all over this news as bad for unlv is a complete idiot.  Sorry tanked.  You are so wrong on this and its a shame that you seem to think the biggest and best news in unlv.football history is somehow a negative.  I can understand wyovanian because he has always been a vegas and unlv hater but its sad to see you go into that dummies rabbit hole.  

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

That's not unfair, but think we could see more and more college football programs go by the wayside as well. Times are a changing.

Sad but true.  Conferences too. The GOF is slowly creeping closer to FCS and away from P5. 

• Like 1

Barack Obama

3 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Hell, 2/3's of this conference could fold in 10 yrs.

The only football programs in the MW that are on seriously shaky ground are all in the West Division- UNLV, SJSU, and Hawaii. If something doesn't get resolved with a stadium situation soon, you could add SDSU to that list...

4 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Of course it is.  Everyone here pissing all over this news as bad for unlv is a complete idiot.  Sorry tanked.  You are so wrong on this and its a shame that you seem to think the biggest and best news in unlv.football history is somehow a negative.  I can understand wyovanian because he has always been a vegas and unlv hater but its sad to see you go into that dummies rabbit hole.  

LOL, the "best news in UNLV history" is not a high bar to go over. I stand by it being a short-term gain for UNLV, and I'd go as far as to say it could definitely help the record (yes it will be great for recruiting).

I just think it's idiotic to say this is the missing piece to getting us in a P5. I just don't think it factors into that equation at all.

ETA: What would for sure save the program would be an on-campus stadium. This is a mediocre substitute at best.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Why don't you offer a solid counter argument rather than the usual blather. History is not on your side in this one...

Just now, Wyovanian said:

The only football programs in the MW that are on seriously shaky ground are all in the West Division- UNLV, SJSU, and Hawaii. If something doesn't get resolved with a stadium situation soon, you could add SDSU to that list...

Add in UNR and USU. Two of the more underfunded athletic programs in the conference.