I think the entire state will embrace the Vegas Raiders. Another great thing is that while the Raiders didn't get the second spot in LA, they were just awarded a new stadium in LA's favorite playground only a couple hours drive away. Same goes for all the events moving from SBS to the new stadium. 

I still think this is a push for UNLV football. You guys are getting new facilities which are incredibly needed, but you are now further down the totem pole of popularity. It will soon be Raiders > LV Hockey > Strip Clubs > Cirque Shows > Penny Slot Tournaments > UNLV football. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

You have the pieces in place. Now you need to get a top notch AD who knows how to use those pieces.  

Except they don't have their own on-campus stadium appropriate to UNLV Football. Sort of a big piece...

• Like 1

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

24 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

CCSD is like our government. They wouldn't know what to do with the money even if they had unlimited amounts. Plus there are a ton of reasons why the school district fails.

Vegas is different. The room tax works here. This stadium will bring in many more events and open even more doors.

We don't have a state tax for a reason. For Vegas...that $750 million visitor tax revenue is an investment. This brings more visitors. More brands. They all bring money. They spend that money. I enjoy the tax break.

Still sounds like a football game when there's rioting in the streets. LV has some very serious social problems it needs to address more than it needs an historically disloyal, fickle NFL team.

4 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Except they don't have their own on-campus stadium appropriate to UNLV Football. Sort of a big piece...

Just change your name screen name to Vegas Hater already.

22 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

again, I think we're coming from different places....I'm saying pro teams and college teams can actually get along...now, it'll be up to UNLV to win...that's what actually brings fans to the stadium.

History says otherwise, but go ahead and bend the map...

6 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

You are probably closer to dropping football now, than you were before. Look at the history of NFL/ CFB markets. It's not a good one.

If ground is never broken on the Fertita Football Complex, you may have an argument there. However, if we build that facility, I don't see UNLV football dying for quite awhile.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bigd said:

OT: But did they end up passing the bill regarding the cemetery? Honestly that cemetery is in such bad sense it makes sense to condense it and use the money to properly maintain it. The land along University Terrace would be very valuable for student housing.

The bill still needs work. 

I have 5 relatives in that cemetery. You wouldn't believe the bullshit the developer has pulled. Hillside is also just one of four or five cemeteries all bordering one another.  I have no idea what they plan to do about the others

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, Wyovanian said:

Still sounds like a football game when there's rioting in the streets. LV has some very serious social problems it needs to address more than it needs an historically disloyal, fickle NFL team.

I only bring those up because my sister lives in Tampa so I've attended Memphis hoops games at FEF and visited them in Tampa to attend Memphis vs USF football games at Ray-Jay...those programs seem to get along.

now I've heard from Temple fans that their relationship with the Eagles is VERY adversarial and kinda nasty actually...hopefully if it's publicly financed that will force the Raiders to 'play nice' with UNLV.

but again, it'll be up to UNLV to actually win games. 

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

How about you just offer a counter-argument?

This is just more proof that UNLV Football is not a priority for Las Vegas.

No, it's proof that UNLV football is less of a priority than NFL football (and securing major events) .

The Fertita Football Complex is proof that UNLV football is still a priority as well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

You are probably closer to dropping football now, than you were before. Look at the history of NFL/ CFB markets. It's not a good one.

no.

• Like 2

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

2 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

I only bring those up because my sister lives in Tampa so I've attended Memphis hoops games at FEF and visited them in Tampa to attend Memphis vs USF football games at Ray-Jay...those programs seem to get along.

now I've heard from Temple fans that their relationship with the Eagles is VERY adversarial and kinda nasty actually...hopefully if it's publicly financed that will force the Raiders to 'play nice' with UNLV.

but again, it'll be up to UNLV to actually win games. 

Of course they get along- USF offers no competition to the Bucs, but USF can't bitch or they lose their home.

You are aware of the Raiders' owner and his reputation?

Just now, Wyovanian said:

How about you just offer a counter-argument?

This is just more proof that UNLV Football is not a priority for Las Vegas.

1. It's been argued ad-nauseum on this board for what seems like 2 years now. Time will tell. In any case, I wasn't dismissing your argument by calling you a name. I was just calling you a name. You love to shit on Vegas any chance you get and you know it.

2. You're right and it almost certainly never will. 

1 hour ago, Wyovanian said:

Of course they get along- USF offers no competition to the Bucs, but USF can't bitch or they lose their home.

You are aware of the Raiders' owner and his reputation?

nope, I've never paid any attention to the Raiders...

mem skyline sig.jpeg