Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Morgan

San Jose State 2018 Commits

11 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

spartans put together a pretty good class by the looks of it.  hopefully none of them commit sexual assault, or beat up people with skateboards.

coaching remains to be seen, tho.  

Before SJSU's uber-recruiter left for the U of A a few years ago, the Spartans had a couple very impressive classes but many of the highest-ranked never qualified academically.

Your second point relates a bit to my first. To this point, Brennan has looked so awful that you have to wonder whether some of the eleventh-hour commitments are a result of him never having heard the axiom that those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Totally getting a kick out of re-reading the posts from Pages 1 and 2 of this thread by our friendly Fresno fans, when they were yucking it up over SJSU's lack of commitments last summer and fall, and then looking at SJSU's class finishing rated in the top half of the conference (and one spot higher than Fresno State) when it really counted, in February. To be fair, Tedford Train has actually turned civil since last year (a divisional championship and bowl win will put most people in a better mood). The other guy is still a Richard.

A few examples below...

On 7/16/2017 at 8:55 AM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Does the outside WR coach know he's supposed to be recruiting or nah? Serious concern. 

On 7/15/2017 at 6:44 PM, Cincy said:

Looks like Sharta is killing it on the recruiting front!

That (outside ) WRs coaching hire was pure genius!!

On 7/11/2017 at 12:00 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Another month, another killer recruiting period full of commits for Brennan. SO MUCH YOUNG ENERGY!!!! 

Champ Logo.jpg

1 minute ago, Mike Morgan said:

Totally getting a kick out of re-reading the posts from Pages 1 and 2 of this thread by our friendly Fresno fans, when they were yucking it up over SJSU's lack of commitments last summer and fall, and then looking at SJSU's class finishing rated in the top half of the conference (and one spot higher than Fresno State) when it really counted, in February. To be fair, Tedford Train has actually turned civil since last year (a divisional championship and bowl win will put most people in a better mood). The other guy is still a Richard.

A few examples below...

Glad B.B. went hard at the end. With the new early signing period, and not going to a bowl game, that was one big advantage you guys had. You also did well in the second period as well. If anything else, it’s obvious Brent is pouring his heart into it. Hopefully it translates to the field. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

24 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

A few examples below...

LMAO!!

You and I both know, even if the majority of those players acutally make it to the field, Sharta will still be a below .500 team.  

Keep dreaming of success Mike, it's beyond precious.  LOLOLOLOL!!!

1 hour ago, creeper86 said:

When  your old posts about the Spartans lack of recruiting make you look even more foolish just type - lolololo, LMAO!!...king o' the idiots

#stillplayingtuba

Give me reason to not LOLOLOL.  Like just one winning season, geez.

On 2/9/2018 at 8:56 AM, Mike Morgan said:

A few examples below...

Getting a kick out of this from last week. Back to the bottom half you go. MWC board juju strikes again  @BSUTOP25

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=M-West

7 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Getting a kick out of this from last week. Back to the bottom half you go. MWC board juju strikes again  @BSUTOP25

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=M-West

The juju is eternal.

47 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Congrats on signing a guy that didn't even have a school lined up on February 7th that would allow him to sign. #suspectfourstarrecruit

Champ Logo.jpg

16 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

Congrats on signing a guy that didn't even have a school lined up on February 7th that would allow him to sign. #suspectfourstarrecruit

Do you know this for a fact or is it wishful thinking on your part? From everything I read, he was receiving a bunch of late offers and wanted time to explore them. I don’t know this for a fact, but it’s what is being reported. 

1 minute ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Do you know this for a fact or is it wishful thinking on your part? From everything I read, he was receiving a bunch of late offers and wanted time to explore them. I don’t know this for a fact, but it’s what is being reported. 

I'm just messin' with ya. Hope he works out for you.

Champ Logo.jpg

Intriguing late signee for the 2018 class is QB Chance LaChappelle (6-4 / 200) from American River College. He is the son of former UCLA Wide Receiver Sean LaChappelle, and played high school ball at Sheldon HS in Sacramento. He grayshirted at American River College, so he comes to SJSU with 5 years to play 4. He did not get much notice in high school due to the type of offense, which featured the run. He drew a lot of attention during American River College's Spring practice this year, with every school that scouted him asking for his transcripts (including PAC-12 schools). SJSU coach Brent Brennan jumped the pack and offered this year rather than waiting to see how LaChappelle's first season at ARC went. LaChappelle decided to transfer from ARC immediately (the coaches there were disappointed according to Chance's dad). Those that have watched him in camp at SJSU the past couple of weeks say that he has a really strong arm and quick release. He will be redshirting this season, which is perfect for him. His dad says he hasn't really been coached in the passing game thus far, and needs to learn the mental aspects of being a QB. Who knows? He could turn out to be a helluva steal down the road.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4055757/Chancellor-LaChapelle

Champ Logo.jpg

7 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Mike, no offense meant but I see nothing to indicate that even one other school has shown interest in the kid.

So, if you didn't read it on the internet it must not be true? Most of what I posted came from what his father, Sean LaChappelle, posted on the SJSU board. His father stated that every school that viewed American River College's spring practices requested his son's transcripts, which included schools from the PAC-12. Do you think he was lying? If so, why would he go to the trouble of posting on the SJSU board and lie about which schools were showing interest in his son, after his son had already signed with SJSU? Just because you can't find any mention of interest from PAC-12 schools on the internet does not mean the interest wasn't there. I'll take his father at his word, mostly because I can find no reason whatsoever why he wouldn't be truthful. 

Champ Logo.jpg

8 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

Most of what I posted came from what his father, Sean LaChappelle, posted on the SJSU board. His father stated that every school that viewed American River College's spring practices requested his son's transcripts, which included schools from the PAC-12. Do you think he was lying?

I wouldn't say he's lying maybe its over exaggerating.  There isn't  a parent that won't over sell their son. 

BTW does it really matter? Do you think you guys got a good one?