Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Morgan

San Jose State 2018 Commits

On 12/20/2017 at 11:15 AM, Mike Morgan said:

2018 SJSU Signees today:

*** LB Kyle Harmon (6-1 / 230) Freedom HS Oakley, CA (freshman transfer from Cal)

*** OL Jake Navarro (6-3 / 275) Great Oaks HS Temecula, CA

*** OL Anthony Pardue (6-4 / 300) Murrieta Valley HS

*** OL Korey Moriboho (6-4 285) Saddleback Junior College

*** CB Jalen Nelson (6-2 / 178) Southwestern College San Diego, CA

*** CB Nehemiah Shelton (6-1 / 160) Long Beach City College

** DL Demitri Sakalia (6-3 / 230) Menlo-Atherton HS

** CB Charlie Bostic (6-1 / 170) Valley Christian HS San Jose 

** WR Leki Nunn (5-10 / 175) Serra HS San Mateo ( 2017 grayshirt)

** DE Cade Hall (6-3 / 226) Bellarmine Prep San Jose

** OG Tyler Ostrom (6-3 / 280) St. Bonaventure Ventura, CA

DB Bobby Brown (6-1 / 177) College Of The Canyons Santa Clarita, CA (freshman)

** DE Demanuel Talauati (6-2 / 275) Madison HS San Diego, CA

It looks like one of your recruits live in Ventura. With the fires there how is he doing? Tyler Ostrom, I mean.

3 hours ago, callen said:

It looks like one of your recruits live in Ventura. With the fires there how is he doing? Tyler Ostrom, I mean.

The fire got within about a mile and a half from his family home, which was spared. He said in a recent article that he knows may people that lost their homes. San Jose State's back-up placekicker, Jake Lanski, had his family home destroyed.

Champ Logo.jpg

53 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

The fire got within about a mile and a half from his family home, which was spared. He said in a recent article that he knows may people that lost their homes. San Jose State's back-up placekicker, Jake Lanski, had his family home destroyed.

I am glad Tyler Ostrom house got spared, my prayers will go out to Jake Lanski and the families that lost their homes. Football seems unimportant in those times.

New verbal, could turn out to be the top recruit for SJS this year...

3-star OLB Isaak Togia - (6-1 / 215) Pacifica HS Garden Grove, CA (offers from TAMU, Texas Tech, Washington St, Hawaii, Army). The Orange County Register reported last summer that Togia was offered by both Notre Dame and Penn State.

Champ Logo.jpg

3 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

New verbal, could turn out to be the top recruit for SJS this year...

3-star OLB Isaak Togia - (6-1 / 215) Pacifica HS Garden Grove, CA (offers from TAMU, Texas Tech, Washington St, Hawaii, Army). The Orange County Register reported last summer that Togia was offered by both Notre Dame and Penn State.

There has got to be something off with him if he chose Sharta.  I mean, c'mon.

10 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

Six official visits for San Jose State this weekend. Thus far, one new verbal commitment is known.

S Tre Jenkins (6-1 / 195) St. Mary's HS / Stockton, CA (offers from Arizona, Nevada, Wyoming, and Navy).

So will any of these possible recruits translate into a possible first winning season for Sharta?

The only way Barth, Togia and Fehoko are going to SJSU is they've been guaranteed immediate starting spots. I assume that means the 2017 starter at those positions will not be returning but it may mean the backup at those positions will decide to transfer. I suppose that's fine if they have little potential as could be the case and you sure can't blame Brennan and his staff for approaching it from that perspective. I also like the fact SJSU appears to be bringing in only four JC transfers.

That's in comparison to Bob Davie, who has gone balls to the wall to bring in such players. Neither SJSU nor UNM figures to be particularly good in 2018 so Brennan appears to have his eye on 2019 and 2020 as he should. Davie? If the Lobos have a season repetitive of 2017, he will probably be gone and anyone interested in the job will know a major rebuild is in order so that's going to scare away some prospects.

Conclusion: In the 2019-2020 period, UNM could be as bad as SJSU was in 2017 whereas the Spartans will likely compete for another bowl berth.

Kudos to SJSU. We've been pummeling you guys here for good reason but things are looking up.

Boom goes the dynamite.

A couple of commits today:

OLB Michael Pryor (6-2 / 225) from Pittsburg (CA) HS. He appears to be the fall back recruit for Rocky Katoanga (Oceanside HS), who  announced today that he chose Washington State over SJS.

CB L.J. Anderson (6-0 / 165) Moreau Catholic HS / Hayward, CA. Anderson reportedly decommitted from Colorado State on Jan. 17. He also had offers from UTEP and Utah State.

Champ Logo.jpg

SJSU coaching staff came on strong after the new year, landing several 3-star recruits that moved the Spartan's ranking in the MWC on 247/Scout from #10 in early December to currently #6. For the first time that I can ever remember, SJSU did not suffer a single de-commitment. 

Signing today for San Jose State:

*** Max Barth - St. Mary's HS / Stockton CA

*** DE/LB Junior Fehoko - Saint Francis HS / Mountain View, CA

*** OLB Isaak Togia - Pacifica HS / Garden Grove, CA

*** WR Jermaine Braddock - Charter Oak HS / Covina, CA (was a nice surprise signing)

*** RB Kairee Robinson - De La Salle HS / Concord, CA

*** S  Tre Jenkins - St. Mary's HS / Stockton, CA

*** CB L.J. Anderson - Moreau HS / Hayward, CA (3-star 247, 2-star on the combined rating)

**  FB Lorenzo Burkes - Jesuit HS / Carmichael, CA

**  OLB Michael Pryor - Pittsburg HS / Antioch, CA

**  ATH Nick Nash - Woodbridge HS / Irvine, CA (played QB)

**  WR Isaiah Hamilton - Charter Oak HS / Covina, CA

Not signing was 3-star LB Andrew Jenkins (brother of signee Tre). It is believed he will grayshirt this coming season.  

Champ Logo.jpg

2 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

SJSU coaching staff came on strong after the new year, landing several 3-star recruits that moved the Spartan's ranking in the MWC on 247/Scout from #10 in early December to currently #6. For the first time that I can ever remember, SJSU did not suffer a single de-commitment. 

Signing today for San Jose State:

*** Max Barth - St. Mary's HS / Stockton CA

*** DE/LB Junior Fehoko - Saint Francis HS / Mountain View, CA

*** OLB Isaak Togia - Pacifica HS / Garden Grove, CA

*** WR Jermaine Braddock - Charter Oak HS / Covina, CA (was a nice surprise signing)

*** RB Kairee Robinson - De La Salle HS / Concord, CA

*** S  Tre Jenkins - St. Mary's HS / Stockton, CA

*** CB L.J. Anderson - Moreau HS / Hayward, CA (3-star 247, 2-star on the combined rating)

**  FB Lorenzo Burkes - Jesuit HS / Carmichael, CA

**  OLB Michael Pryor - Pittsburg HS / Antioch, CA

**  ATH Nick Nash - Woodbridge HS / Irvine, CA (played QB)

**  WR Isaiah Hamilton - Charter Oak HS / Covina, CA

Not signing was 3-star LB Andrew Jenkins (brother of signee Tre). It is believed he will grayshirt this coming season.  

Oh this is precious. 

Those poor saps. 

I’m actually disappointed that SJS could only sign a class  ranked slightly above the Dogs-I mean 2 wins and all and only a ‘little’ better ranking than the school located in that sh*thole city of Fresno? Hey, didn’t you guys play for the MWC? #Retreadford #noenergy #terribleclass #way2cashin