Akkula

Filibuster of Gorsuch

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Racist?  Foreign Agent?

It seems like the Democratic strategy is to just throw labels around and not do anything.  

Corporations! Citizens United! Special Interests! Employers! Powerful Few!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/19/opinions/schumer-problematic-gorsuch-press-conference-opinion-cevallos/

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Republicans act like assholes and stomped all over Obama's nominee. So the democrats should play nice to set a good example of bipartisanship. Then when the shoe is on the other foot again, the GOP can stomp all over the democrats balls.

+++++ that.

And they approved his two other nominees without any issues.  What's your point?

• Like 3

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, roswellcoug said:

Corporations! Citizens United! Special Interests! Employers! Privileged Few!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/19/opinions/schumer-problematic-gorsuch-press-conference-opinion-cevallos/

The moron Democrats keep saying that Gorsuch will "favor big corporations" and not rule in favor of "the little guy, joe citizen".  

How about a judge just rule on the law and on the merits?   Who cares who wins, as long as the decision is right?

We have some real morons in the Democratic Party right now, and a lot of stupid Democratic supporters .  They run around yelling "racist" "poverty" "bad cops"  and "Russia" and other nonsense, focus on "culture wars" and ignore real problems.  Like jobs and economic development.   How about economic development in poor areas, and encouragement of general business and job growth???

I'm a life long Democrat, who is now Independent.  Can't belong to such a moronic party anymore.  

Guest #1Stunner
18 minutes ago, mugtang said:

And they approved his two other nominees without any issues.  What's your point?

The Republicans should have followed the Constitution and gave Merrick Garland a hearing and a vote.  The stupid Bastards didn't.  Republicans are assholes for it.

In response, the Democrats should have gone full "Wyoming Cowboy", raised hell, and tried to do anything to get their guy a vote.  Throw a urine bomb if need be... They instead went "Utah State"....essentially just bitched complained that they were oppressed, and cowered and did nothing.  That's their fault.  Democrats opportunity to do anything is passed.

This Filibuster is stupid, and too late.  Democrats are morons.

14 minutes ago, mugtang said:

One of whom was confirmed even though she admitted the bias of her background 

"I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life."

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

The Republicans should have followed the Constitution and gave Merrick Garland a hearing and a vote.  The stupid Bastards didn't.  Republicans are assholes for it.

In response, the Democrats should have gone full "Wyoming Cowboy", raised hell, and tried to do anything to get their guy a vote.  Throw a urine bomb if need be... They instead went "Utah State"....essentially just complained that they were oppressed, and cowered and did nothing.  That's their fault.  Democrats opportunity to do anything is passed.

I agree they should've held hearings and a vote on Garland.  I said as much many times.  But they didn't and they made the seat an election issue.  Now the democrats are wanting to hold the seat open for how many more years?  I suspect many of the democrats who are up for election in 2018 in States that Trump won will be deciding to vote for this nomineee. 

• Like 4

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, roswellcoug said:

"I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life."

And that's a non issue for me. 

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

With the way our luck had been Ginsberg and Kennedy will probably step out right afterward. Thirty years of a Trump Court, you know it's going to happen.

Would you prefer a Trump Supreme Court or a Pence Supreme Court? We're going to end up with one or the other. 

34 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

33 minutes ago, mugtang said:

And that's a non issue for me. 

Just shows the hypocrisy of Schumer and his ilk.

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

People HATE this 37% approval rating racist foreign agent president.  Sometimes you have to take a stand.  I don't think opposing trump tooth and nail is bad politics.  Giving in will get these dems primaried.

1 hour ago, jackmormon said:

Republicans act like assholes and stomped all over Obama's nominee. So the democrats should play nice to set a good example of bipartisanship. Then when the shoe is on the other foot again, the GOP can stomp all over the democrats balls.

+++++ that.

You are like a teenagers having his first sexual experience.  You will jizz all over yourself and leave her disappointed.

• Like 1

Dumb move long-term probably, but the political situation right now means that the Dems essentially have to. If they don't they will get primaried.

I do find it funny that people are criticizing this move of resistance due to the future of a Pryor nomination when they have no record of resistance to Trump or his policies themselves however. Don't be mad about the Dems snowflakes, be mad that the fcking president is going to potentially nominate a nutjob. You battered women are getting mad at the stupid dog (Dems) for barking and causing your husband to get angry and beat you and not blaming the actual abuser.

• Like 1
On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

45 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Would you prefer a Trump Supreme Court or a Pence Supreme Court? We're going to end up with one or the other. 

If we get guys like Gorsuch then a Trump Supreme Court sounds fantastic. 

• Like 3

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

People HATE this 37% approval rating racist foreign agent president.  Sometimes you have to take a stand.  I don't think opposing trump tooth and nail is bad politics.  Giving in will get these dems primaried.

Not sure how much his approval rating will mater.  At 37% approval, he is killing congress' approval ratings...  Link

18 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Dumb move long-term probably, but the political situation right now means that the Dems essentially have to. If they don't they will get primaried.

I do find it funny that people are criticizing this move of resistance due to the future of a Pryor nomination when they have no record of resistance to Trump or his policies themselves however. Don't be mad about the Dems snowflakes, be mad that the fcking president is going to potentially nominate a nutjob. You battered women are getting mad at the stupid dog (Dems) for barking and causing your husband to get angry and beat you and not blaming the actual abuser.

So the decrepit, talentless crowd of democrats might get primaried by new blood?

OH NO

• Like 5

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

25 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Can I be mad at both? Gorsuch is a very good nominee.  So was Garland.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, happycamper said:

So the decrepit, talentless crowd of democrats might get primaried by new blood?

OH NO

I don't care either way, I'm just explaining why they're doing this. They're in a political corner, similar to how many Republicans were with resisting Obama.

• Like 1
On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

In response, the Democrats should have gone full "Wyoming Cowboy", raised hell, and tried to do anything to get their guy a vote.  Throw a urine bomb if need be... They instead went "Utah State"....essentially just bitched complained that they were oppressed, and cowered and did nothing.  That's their fault.  Democrats opportunity to do anything is passed.

I was with you until "urine bomb".  Those are just nasty.

Image result for trailer park boys pictures ray

I think that the bigger problem with all this sort of political garbage is that fewer and fewer good, patriotic people want important jobs like this. Much of the time they have to take pay cuts as it is to serve.  They do not want to put themselves and their families through the meat grinder to get the job.  The next thing you know, you are stuck with candidates like Hildabeast and Cheeto because most sane people want nothing to do with the circus. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, happycamper said:

OH NO

I would like to see some new young talent start to shine in the Democratic party.  I would also like to see this new talent get back to the principals that made me vote D out of high school, instead of silly nonsense.  Protecting the poor, not bombing the shit out of everybody, scientific research with no agenda.  I swooned after Obama said we would put a man on an asteroid during his presidency (climate research is cool and all don't get me wrong) and would quadruple our efforts in producing more nuclear power to feed the grid.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Yeah, WFT?  If they don't want a filibuster they should have come up with a consensus candidate that was vetted and agreed to in advance.  They stole the seat and then basically said they were going to ram someone down our throats and we were going to like it or they would go nuclear.  If the filibuster has no meaning we might as well get rid of it.  

A lot of Democrats already wanted to get rid of the filibuster, this is the opportunity to have them do the dirty work or they will respect the filibuster.  Gorsuch needs to go down as the collateral damage in this Garland treachery they did to Obama and Trump needs to nominate someone else who can get Democratic votes or go nuclear...ball is in their court.  They are going to get the same treatment they give here eventually so I hope they choose wisely.

The funny thing, though, is it is all the trumpians who are clutching their pearls over losing the filibuster.  

Posted Image