RAMification

is it painfully obvious yet that the MWC needs Shocker's help?

I'm not a Basketball knowledgeable guy.  But it seems pretty obvious that overall, across the board, the MWC's brand of MBB lacks the TOUGHNESS required to enter National Level Tourney's, and to succeed !!  We've become a 1-Bid Conference... and on 1 bid can't move past Round #1, and never approaches the Sweet 16, much less Final 4.

If our college Prez's + CT do not understand the need for the MWC to solve this problem asap, then they are dumber than I thought they were after the last 2 rounds of MWC Conference shake-ups... which they made themselves look like FOOLS (failing to invite Boise in 2007 before UU, then TCU left... then inviting Boise, then un-inviting Boise, then re-inviting Boise... then the BYU debacle).

Maybe there is another solution to develop TOUGHNESS in the MWC's MBB... but I certainly cannot think of any that are right in our lap today (which the Shockers have been, begging for MWC membership).  And SCREW the "MWC is only Fball teams" tag line of bureaucrats.  Any COnference can make any exception to it's bylaws... if it's deemed necessary to improve that COnference.  And Finances can be worked out to provide Rev Neutrality for the MWC.  So can Schedules.   

Many have already posted this but just a reminder..... Shocker's to the MWC ASAP for Oly Sports, in place of UHa, which balances the league out w/ 12 Fball & 12 Oly teams.  

Then the MWC can gain that TOurney TOughness needed to move forward again in MBB & Oly SPorts... as it seeks to strengthen its Fball conference.  

The 1 advantage the AAC has over the MWC is it's MBB success & revenues... as potential new members consider MWC vs AAC for affiliation.  Just saying..... 

• Like 3

I think Wichita State would be a homerun add, and have been saying it since word came out of their interest in the MWC. 

If this conference has to carry them in football until they get their bearings, then +++++ing do it.

What they would do for the conference profile would be huge.

• Like 3

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

If it's true that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, adding Wichita State, Gonzaga and/or St. Mary's to the MWC is irrelevant. That's because, Rams, when Boise and SDSU no longer had a vote, you guys and half a dozen others decided to add San Jose State.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

8 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

If it's true that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, adding Wichita State, Gonzaga and/or St. Mary's to the MWC is irrelevant. That's because, Rams, when Boise and SDSU no longer had a vote, you guys and half a dozen others decided to add San Jose State.

Troof. 

• Like 1

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

16 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

So the big ten is only as strong as its weakest link which is Northwestern which just went to their first NCAA basketball playoff. I think the weakness is because UNLV, New Mexico, San Diego had down seasons along with the rest of us. I find it hard to blame San Jose alone for the down turn of so many.

• Like 1

Why stop at Wichita State, Gonzaga and Saint Mary's? Why not invite Villanova, Xavier, and Notre Dame while we're at it?

• Like 2

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

39 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Sorry about that.  But you guys did try to leave us.  

• Like 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

How does splitting our meager money to add Wichita State make any sense?  If Wichita State was in the MWC this year the MWC would have still been a one bid league.  They would be a net drain on the league and this conversation is fuktarded.

36 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Sorry about that.  But you guys did try to leave us.  

There's no disputing that. My point is simply that decision will forever haunt this conference.

And Northwestern isn't at all the same. Having NW and Illinois both in the fold since forever means the B1G has always and will likely always own the country's third largest media center. For MWC decision makers to think that bringing in SJSU would give them more than 5% of the Bay Area was pure naivete.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

There's no disputing that. My point is simply that decision will forever haunt this conference.

And Northwestern isn't at all the same. Having NW and Illinois both in the fold since forever means the B1G has always and will likely always own the country's third largest media center. For MWC decision makers to think that bringing in SJSU would give them more than 5% of the Bay Area was pure naivete.

Next time don't try to whore yourselves out :P 

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Supposedly the AAC is on the verge of adding Wichita State.  It might already be too late for the MWC.  We'll see if the rumors are true....

Also, this fantasy that some on here have that the MWC is appealing enough to lure away Gonzaga and Saint Mary's is laughable.  Gonzaga already gets 1-seeding in the NCAA tourney, while being in the WCC.  They also are on ESPN all the time, and own their 3rd tier TV rights.  Why would Gonzaga want the MWC?  Let alone Saint Mary's.  Both schools have a long history in the WCC.  If they want any conference, it is the Big East, not the MWC.  But that conference is too far away.   So they aren't going anywhere.

Also, the WCC is in a much stronger position to "steal" schools if it wanted to, than the MWC is.  If it wanted, the WCC could offer SDSU, Hawaii, and probably AFA right now, and those schools might actually give the offer serious consideration.  If the WCC wanted, it could add Denver and Seattle tomorrow----both crappy in basketball, but decent schools academically.   Who wants to join the MWC?  NMSU?  UTEP?

Guest #1Stunner

the MWC will not be able to compete for anything meaningful on the National level in football.....ever......

The MWC should remake itself as a basketball conference first, football conference second.  That is the way forward for the MWC.

Candidates:  UTEP (good basketball),