SpartanGrad

Concerns Mount for Tedford

45 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Face it, you'd rather be anybody but Joe from WY.....

Creepy mad. 

Truth hurts don't it?  LOL!!

NOBODY,  and I mean NOBODY would want to be in Sharta's shoes. 

18 hours ago, Headbutt said:

This is true, however...I see a lot of promise going forward.  It's like some folks woke up and realized it was time to do something different.  Investments in coaching, facilities, and marketing are more the norm than the exception all of a sudden.  Now the conference itself needs to step up and make similar investments to carry the opportunities forward.  We're getting better FB programs, we also need to offer better TV and post season opportunities.  The MWC doesn't need to create a better market, they just need to position us better in the market that exists.

You're being much too optimistic about the future of the MWC. Riddle me this. Just how many of the 12 schools in this conference are showing any semblance of a legitimate commitment to major college football? I'll give you my take.

Schools Definitely Making Their Best Effort to Keep Up With the Big Boys: CSU and Boise (rating: one wart each)

Schools Which Appear to Be Close to Making Their Best Effort to Keep Up: SDSU, Fresno, USU, Wyoming (1.5 warts each)

Schools Which Appear to Want to Try to Keep Up But Are Held Back By State Bureaucracy: Nevada, UNLV (2.5 warts)

Schools Which Appear to Be Satisfied To Do Nothing More Than Occasionally Compete for a MWC Title: AFA, UNM, Hawaii (3 warts)

Lost Cause: SJSU (5 warts)

Average Warts: 2.25

USU and Wyoming may be trying hard but each has a major constraint that can't be overcome. Minuscule population in the case of Wyoming and forever being in the shadow of Utah and BYU in a modestly populated state in the case of USU. UNR and UNLV are restrained by libertarian politicians who don't want to spend money on government except for cops but that is gradually changing so there's hope for them. However, AFA and UNM are quite pleased to just perpetuate the MWC and UH is desperate financially and SJSU can't even get the rather minor NEZ project off the ground and just replaced a football HC with an underwhelming name with a carbon copy of the fired guy. The logical conclusion is that your school, my school, Boise, Fresno and maybe UNLV and UNR will improve going forward and if they improve enough, they will separate themselves from the other half so much they'll just go elsewhere.

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 hours ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Yes, Cal is a P5 program and a more attractive job than Fresno. No big shocker or argument from me. Not much different than Fresno being a much more attractive job than SJSU. 

Cal is easily one of the worst programs in the PAC-12. Absolutely hemorrhaging money right now. $300mm+, and no foreseeable way to pay for it. Poor seasons records and on top of all that he is playing for a coach who failed at his last job. Things must be bad at Fresno to make him want to leave. I am guessing Cain is gone after this season. 

spartan-hands.gif

1 minute ago, SpartanGrad said:

Cal is easily one of the worst programs in the PAC-12. Absolutely hemorrhaging money right now. $300mm+, and no foreseeable way to pay for it. Poor seasons records and on top of all that he is playing for a coach who failed at his last job. Things must be bad at Fresno to make him want to leave. I am guessing Cain is gone after this season. 

Do me a favor and use your brain for half a second to answer this question. I know it's tough for you to do, but try. If things are bad in Fresno, and coaches are still jumping from SJSU to come to Fresno, how bad does that make SJSU? 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

1 minute ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Do me a favor and use your brain for half a second to answer this question. I know it's tough for you to do, but try. If things are bad in Fresno, and coaches are still jumping from SJSU to come to Fresno, how bad does that make SJSU? 

How bad is Fresno if you need to poach our coaches? 

spartan-hands.gif

2 minutes ago, SpartanGrad said:

How bad is Fresno if you need to poach our coaches? 

Dude, just look at your football history. 

What exactly gives you any hope? Lol

8 minutes ago, SpartanGrad said:

You mean our 4 out of 5 wins over you? Or being higher ranked in recent memory than you. Oh, I know the fact that we in our bowl games? 

We were ranked 14th in the BCS polls in 2013. That's higher than you've been ranked in your entire history. 

You've won 7 bowl games. We've won 12. 

The more you post, the more you embarrass yourself. 

10 minutes ago, SpartanGrad said:

You mean our 4 out of 5 wins over you? Or being higher ranked in recent memory than you. Oh, I know the fact that we in our bowl games? 

Lol, Mike admitted it yesterday and now another ShartanGrad is admitting that they don't care if they have decades of losing seasons as long as they beat Fresno. 

Aim high Sharta!!

14 minutes ago, SpartanGrad said:

That's rich. Your lurker status is most certainly the biggest embarrassment... just after Fresno's W/L record. 

Can you tell us how many conference championships you've won since joining the MWC?  

Or maybe an easier question, how many winning seasons have you had since joining the MWC? LMAO 

2 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

You're being much too optimistic about the future of the MWC. Riddle me this. Just how many of the 12 schools in this conference are showing any semblance of a legitimate commitment to major college football? I'll give you my take.

Schools Definitely Making Their Best Effort to Keep Up With the Big Boys: CSU and Boise (rating: one wart each)

Schools Which Appear to Be Close to Making Their Best Effort to Keep Up: SDSU, Fresno, USU, Wyoming (1.5 warts each)

Schools Which Appear to Want to Try to Keep Up But Are Held Back By State Bureaucracy: Nevada, UNLV (2.5 warts)

Schools Which Appear to Be Satisfied To Do Nothing More Than Occasionally Compete for a MWC Title: AFA, UNM, Hawaii (3 warts)

Lost Cause: SJSU (5 warts)

Average Warts: 2.25

USU and Wyoming may be trying hard but each has a major constraint that can't be overcome. Minuscule population in the case of Wyoming and forever being in the shadow of Utah and BYU in a modestly populated state in the case of USU. UNR and UNLV are restrained by libertarian politicians who don't want to spend money on government except for cops but that is gradually changing so there's hope for them. However, AFA and UNM are quite pleased to just perpetuate the MWC and UH is desperate financially and SJSU can't even get the rather minor NEZ project off the ground and just replaced a football HC with an underwhelming name with a carbon copy of the fired guy. The logical conclusion is that your school, my school, Boise, Fresno and maybe UNLV and UNR will improve going forward and if they improve enough, they will separate themselves from the other half so much they'll just go elsewhere.

It's looking like we're heading into a new era in NV where the BOR won't have any say in coaching hires, who and how much. Also you're forgetting about who's stepping up to pay a lot for the cost of attendance going forward.

kat.jpg

36 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

We were ranked 14th in the BCS polls in 2013. That's higher than you've been ranked in your entire history. 

You've won 7 bowl games. We've won 12. 

The more you post, the more you embarrass yourself. 

Embarrassed myself... Like how Fresno lost that 14th ranked spot in 2013 and didn't even finished ranked? LOLZ. Here is a reminder:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=333330023

When was the last time you finished a season ranked? 

spartan-hands.gif

5 minutes ago, SpartanGrad said:

When was the last time you finished a season ranked? 

We finished with a MWC championship...something you'll never sniff, ever. The cherry picker forgot to add a word to his post. If you're going to cherry pick, do it right. You suck at this. LOLLLLLL

Just now, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

The cherry picker forgot to add a word to his post. If you're going to cherry pick, do it right. LOLLLLLL

Whoops... I better go fix it..... Back on topic. Fresno hasn't finished ranked in a long time and your highest ever recent rank was lost because of us... #sad! 

I don't want to lose sight of the fact that you post the 2013 season as a point of pride. LOL 

spartan-hands.gif

8 minutes ago, SpartanGrad said:

Whoops... I better go fix it..... Back on topic. Fresno hasn't finished ranked in a long time and your highest ever recent rank was lost because of us... #sad! 

I don't want to lose sight of the fact that you post the 2013 season as a point of pride. LOL 

We have more weeks ranked in history, more bowl wins, better win percentage, lead the all-time series, more money, infinitely better facilities, more fans, better national brand, more conference championships, etc etc etc. But, you go ahead and keep trying to cherry pick, guy. We shit all over you.