Nevada Convert

Kaepernick a long shot to play in the NFL again.

Based on this story, it looks extremely bleak, and some owners and GM's want to make an example out of him to discourage anyone else from trying it in the future. I certainly wouldn't want him near my organization not just because he's a head case, but because he doesn't have the "it" factor anymore. 

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/17/colin-kaepernick-update-some-teams-genuinely-hate-him/

He really shit the bed with his decision to kneel. Right or wrong, it was career suicide. As far as not having the "it" factor, I doubt any QB will have "it" with the 49'ers until they get a better line and WR's. I think he's a better QB than either Hoyer or Barkley and a handful of other starters in the league, but he would need a good team around him, as is the case with most QB's out there. It's a shame that he threw it all away though. If he doesn't find a team, I think he could have a shot at pitching though. 

• Like 5

There could be 7 pages on this thread disecting why this is.  However it all stops and starts with the fact that he sucks.  If he was good these sanctimonious white gm's would sign his ass in a heartbeat.  

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

There could be 7 pages on this thread disecting why this is.  However it all stops and starts with the fact that he sucks.  If he was good these sanctimonious white gm's would sign his ass in a heartbeat.  

Here is the thing, I heard this morning that 33% of the passes he threw last year were catchable and just dropped by the guys he was throwing to. Imagine if any QB cold increase his completion percentage by 1/3? I'm not saying he is good but he def is better than some of the other guys getting signed. 

I also take issue with the fact that teams are ok with what Joe Mixon did which to me is much much worse than Kap  

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

If he was a superstar there'd be no problem, but why hold him to that standard? He's better than plenty of QBs on rosters right now.

• Like 3

Because he isn't worth the circus his presence would invite. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RoscoesDad said:

That was his problem as soon as he started pulling  that shit.  Kaep is not good enough to be a distraction and not worth the crap fest he brings with him.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

That was his problem as soon as he started pulling  that shit.  Kaep is not good enough to be a distraction and not worth the crap fest he brings with him.

And Joe Mixon who knocked a woman out cold in a fast food joint is? Ray Rice didn't get signed because he was over the hill, not because he went cave man on his girl. Mike Vick was fresh out of jail and right into training camp. My issue is Kap has put his money where his mouth is and donated lots of money to charities. He isn't getting arrested or beating up women, he's exercising his rights as an American and he shouldn't be blackballed from the league because of it. 

• Like 13

Most people who aren't more than casual sports fans couldn't tell you who Joe Mixon was, or Ray Rice for that matter. Kap brings with him a national controversy. It's on a bigger scale than the other examples. Plus the government gives the NFL a lot of money to propagate jingoism, which is well known, so I don't know why this is a shocker. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Regardless of what happens he made some money and was one of the best college QB's of his era.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Because he isn't worth the circus his presence would invite. 

And he'll be forgotten by half time of the first regular season game.

4 hours ago, just_chris said:

Here is the thing, I heard this morning that 33% of the passes he threw last year were catchable and just dropped by the guys he was throwing to. Imagine if any QB cold increase his completion percentage by 1/3? I'm not saying he is good but he def is better than some of the other guys getting signed. 

I also take issue with the fact that teams are ok with what Joe Mixon did which to me is much much worse than Kap  

this. kap had the misfortune of being in san francisco, there was no way he was going to be successful in that clown show.

as for the rest of it, he just sent an entire plane load of food and medicine to somalia. we should all be so 'un-American'...

• Like 8

6 hours ago, crixus said:

And he'll be forgotten by half time of the first regular season game.

Nah. People legitimately hate him. They'll forget him when he's playing backup to Vince Young in Regina. 

4 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

as for the rest of it, he just sent an entire plane load of food and medicine to somalia. we should all be so 'un-American'...

Good to see he's into welfare for warlords. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Good to see he's into welfare for warlords. 

yeah, probably, lol.

10 hours ago, just_chris said:

Here is the thing, I heard this morning that 33% of the passes he threw last year were catchable and just dropped by the guys he was throwing to. Imagine if any QB cold increase his completion percentage by 1/3?   

That number looks really high, but how do we even know what to make of that stat without seeing what the numbers are for all the other QBs? And what are they defining "catchable" as? 

His game might work well in Canada.  Plus, the National Anthem of the US won't be an issue.

11 hours ago, just_chris said:

And Joe Mixon who knocked a woman out cold in a fast food joint is? Ray Rice didn't get signed because he was over the hill, not because he went cave man on his girl. Mike Vick was fresh out of jail and right into training camp. My issue is Kap has put his money where his mouth is and donated lots of money to charities. He isn't getting arrested or beating up women, he's exercising his rights as an American and he shouldn't be blackballed from the league because of it. 

Your rights as an American take a backseat in voluntary employment. Time and place are two things that come under consideration in free speech cases, and Kapernick's place of employment while wearing his employer's uniform was neither the time nor place. Individuals' crimes against other individuals will always be perceived as lesser than disrespect for the values of a populace. Folks will forgive transgressions. They won't forgive apostasy. This goes all the way back to Christ and Barabbas.

12 hours ago, just_chris said:

29% of those were likely a result of the fact that he has zero touch on his passes. He was "good" when he could use his legs. Once that got shut down, his terrible passing skills were exposed (again).

• Like 1