Nevada Convert

Kaepernick a long shot to play in the NFL again.

Based on this story, it looks extremely bleak, and some owners and GM's want to make an example out of him to discourage anyone else from trying it in the future. I certainly wouldn't want him near my organization not just because he's a head case, but because he doesn't have the "it" factor anymore. 

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/17/colin-kaepernick-update-some-teams-genuinely-hate-him/

kat.jpg

He really shit the bed with his decision to kneel. Right or wrong, it was career suicide. As far as not having the "it" factor, I doubt any QB will have "it" with the 49'ers until they get a better line and WR's. I think he's a better QB than either Hoyer or Barkley and a handful of other starters in the league, but he would need a good team around him, as is the case with most QB's out there. It's a shame that he threw it all away though. If he doesn't find a team, I think he could have a shot at pitching though. 

• Like 5

Guest RoscoesDad

There could be 7 pages on this thread disecting why this is.  However it all stops and starts with the fact that he sucks.  If he was good these sanctimonious white gm's would sign his ass in a heartbeat.  

35 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

There could be 7 pages on this thread disecting why this is.  However it all stops and starts with the fact that he sucks.  If he was good these sanctimonious white gm's would sign his ass in a heartbeat.  

Here is the thing, I heard this morning that 33% of the passes he threw last year were catchable and just dropped by the guys he was throwing to. Imagine if any QB cold increase his completion percentage by 1/3? I'm not saying he is good but he def is better than some of the other guys getting signed. 

I also take issue with the fact that teams are ok with what Joe Mixon did which to me is much much worse than Kap  

• Like 7

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

49 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

If he was a superstar there'd be no problem, but why hold him to that standard? He's better than plenty of QBs on rosters right now.

• Like 3
On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

1 hour ago, RoscoesDad said:

That was his problem as soon as he started pulling  that shit.  Kaep is not good enough to be a distraction and not worth the crap fest he brings with him.

• Like 2

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

14 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

That was his problem as soon as he started pulling  that shit.  Kaep is not good enough to be a distraction and not worth the crap fest he brings with him.

And Joe Mixon who knocked a woman out cold in a fast food joint is? Ray Rice didn't get signed because he was over the hill, not because he went cave man on his girl. Mike Vick was fresh out of jail and right into training camp. My issue is Kap has put his money where his mouth is and donated lots of money to charities. He isn't getting arrested or beating up women, he's exercising his rights as an American and he shouldn't be blackballed from the league because of it. 

• Like 13

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Regardless of what happens he made some money and was one of the best college QB's of his era.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Because he isn't worth the circus his presence would invite. 

And he'll be forgotten by half time of the first regular season game.

4 hours ago, just_chris said:

Here is the thing, I heard this morning that 33% of the passes he threw last year were catchable and just dropped by the guys he was throwing to. Imagine if any QB cold increase his completion percentage by 1/3? I'm not saying he is good but he def is better than some of the other guys getting signed. 

I also take issue with the fact that teams are ok with what Joe Mixon did which to me is much much worse than Kap  

this. kap had the misfortune of being in san francisco, there was no way he was going to be successful in that clown show.

as for the rest of it, he just sent an entire plane load of food and medicine to somalia. we should all be so 'un-American'...

• Like 8

10 hours ago, just_chris said:

Here is the thing, I heard this morning that 33% of the passes he threw last year were catchable and just dropped by the guys he was throwing to. Imagine if any QB cold increase his completion percentage by 1/3?   

That number looks really high, but how do we even know what to make of that stat without seeing what the numbers are for all the other QBs? And what are they defining "catchable" as? 

11 hours ago, just_chris said:

And Joe Mixon who knocked a woman out cold in a fast food joint is? Ray Rice didn't get signed because he was over the hill, not because he went cave man on his girl. Mike Vick was fresh out of jail and right into training camp. My issue is Kap has put his money where his mouth is and donated lots of money to charities. He isn't getting arrested or beating up women, he's exercising his rights as an American and he shouldn't be blackballed from the league because of it. 

Your rights as an American take a backseat in voluntary employment. Time and place are two things that come under consideration in free speech cases, and Kapernick's place of employment while wearing his employer's uniform was neither the time nor place. Individuals' crimes against other individuals will always be perceived as lesser than disrespect for the values of a populace. Folks will forgive transgressions. They won't forgive apostasy. This goes all the way back to Christ and Barabbas.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

12 hours ago, just_chris said:

29% of those were likely a result of the fact that he has zero touch on his passes. He was "good" when he could use his legs. Once that got shut down, his terrible passing skills were exposed (again).

• Like 1

Guest RoscoesDad
13 hours ago, just_chris said:

I can't really deny that Kap is probably as good as or better than a lot of these FA guys getting huge money.  But it's really like the tallest midget contest.  I mean Mike Glennon is worth $13MM per year, and he sucks big donkey balls as well.  I guess NFL teams would rather sign and overpay a 'safe' bad QB vs. taking on a bad QB like Kap with baggage.  Oh wait, I forgot about Vick.  Anyways, at the end of the day there will be some GMs who will sign him because quite frankly, he's probably the best bad QB still left to sign.

13 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

If he was a superstar there'd be no problem, but why hold him to that standard? He's better than plenty of QBs on rosters right now.

Not really.  He doesn't have an accurate arm, and he doesn't read the field well.  He also lacks the leadership skills you want to see in a QB. 

Who wants a backup QB with questionable skills and that much baggage?  

• Like 1

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

16 hours ago, Slapdad said:

He really shit the bed with his decision to kneel. Right or wrong, it was career suicide.

As I said at the time. (SGF now awaits mysfit to again call him a bigot for saying so.)

I also said at the time his so doing might arguably be free speech but that it was going to hurt not only him but also the team. (Mysfit?)

Oh yeah and Mike Glennon does indeed suck big donkey balls. Just what dumbass franchise gave that stiff $13M per?

• Like 2

Boom goes the dynamite.