TheTedfordTrain

New Mexico State

10 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Since when was Houston a part of Memphis' inner city? 

the UofM is in the middle of Memphis, therefore if you attend the UofM to play football, you are by definition, an inner city Memphis kid...(football athletes are required to live on campus)

once you come here, you're one of us...once a Tiger, always a Tiger.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

the UofM is in the middle of Memphis, therefore if you attend the UofM to play football, you are by definition, an inner city Memphis kid...(football athletes are required to live on campus)

once you come here, you're one of us...once a Tiger, always a Tiger.

Lol, ok.

14 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

TRUE...CSU beat New Méx St this yr.

In game number #2 if we play y'all later in the season Aggs roll. Just like we rolled UNM and UTEP this year. BTW our 3rd best team in GCU beat SDSU? What makes you think we won't? CSUB rolled Frenso? What makes you think we won't roll them also? The only team in the MW I'm not to sure of is Nevada but even then if we are in the MW. I think we split with them. If NMSU joined the MW today we would win more MW championships than SJSU has up to today. Even our WBB team is really good. If only we could get football jump started much like the MW did when it loaned all that money to USU we would be a nice pick up.  

• Like 1

"Guns Up, Now Tear'em Up!"We Are New Mexico State University! #PROTECTTHEVALLEY

Next years New México State team is going to be even better.

Solid recruiting class coming in 

with two 4 star recruits coming in and one of them being an ESPN top 100 recruit. Next years team will be the most talented team on paper that we had in a long time. Next couple of years is going to be EXTEREMELY harsh for you Lobo and Miner fans. Miners haven't beaten us in like 6 tries and I believe a similar trend will happen to UNM. Well I'm Hopefull, with all that dam state money and we are still better than them.

Also I think Paul Weir is going to be an awesome coach for the Aggies for more seasons to come. 

1 hour ago, NewMexicoSt. said:

In game number #2 if we play y'all later in the season Aggs roll. Just like we rolled UNM and UTEP this year. BTW our 3rd best team in GCU beat SDSU? What makes you think we won't? CSUB rolled Frenso? What makes you think we won't roll them also? The only team in the MW I'm not to sure of is Nevada but even then if we are in the MW. I think we split with them. If NMSU joined the MW today we would win more MW championships than SJSU has up to today. Even our WBB team is really good. If only we could get football jump started much like the MW did when it loaned all that money to USU we would be a nice pick up.  

You do realize that CSU's best player, Clavell, did not play in the first game vs the Aggies don't you?  The eye test tells me that there are six teams in the MWC better than nmsu.  You don't want to move to the MWC.  You would never sniff the NCAA tourney.

46 minutes ago, mundyc3 said:

Any chance a program steals Weir?

Why would weir want to leave so quickly? Why would anyone go for another mid major? I have a feeling he is going to stay at NMSU for a while. He's been here all ready for 9. Not to mention He is also attendinb to school here. Hopefully he's our next Lou Henson. However, Don't get me wrong. I understand all the other sucky (Wealther) programs are going to want to offer him greener pastures but you have to admit NMSU has been building something special in Las Cruces. Since 2007 to 2017 has been so successful for us in MBB. I just really hope that history repeats it's self and NMSU gains it's respect back in basketball. Would be huge for recruiting in both MBB and Football

57 minutes ago, stchas said:

You do realize that CSU's best player, Clavell, did not play in the first game vs the Aggies don't you?  The eye test tells me that there are six teams in the MWC better than nmsu.  You don't want to move to the MWC.  You would never sniff the NCAA tourney.

You also realize that NMSU was in Coach Weirs rookie head coaching debut vs his first Division 1 program? Not to mention the new style that our offense runs. Also we had just lost an NBAer to the first round last year. Yet we almost knocked out CSU at the Moby. Shortly after those first matchup's NMSU started its 20 win streak that included victories vs rio grande rivial New Mexico and the shellacking of UTEP, and it's first victory over a P5 opponent for years. I wouldn't doubt that a second game agaisnt CSU would go to NMSU. Not trying to knock on y'all's team just trying to defend mine. However, if NMSU was in the MW. I wouldn't doubt that we do win championships in MBB. Remember we used to play against the Nevada's and Boise's of the world and still came out on top. This season could have resulted in two NCAA tourney bids if both Nevada and NMSU were in the same League. We both had a high enough RPI for one of those on the bubble teams.

2 hours ago, ole blu dude said:

What money did the MWC loan USU ? You have not been to a bowl since 1960 it needs more than a jump start.

New Mexico state was not wanted by the Sun Belt conference you even offered money to stay in that conference, but were turned down. There was a reason for that.

I read some where that when joing the MWC Utah State was awarded money to help with facilities and to jump start their uprising football program. Also, we where not accepted into the Sun Belt because their eastern members didn't want to travel to New Mexico. We had serval memebers that still voice the Aggies to join that league. I believe those schools include Ark St, ULL, Texas St, ULM etc. 

11 minutes ago, NewMexicoSt. said:

You also realize that NMSU was in Coach Weirs rookie head coaching debut vs his first Division 1 program? Not to mention the new style that our offense runs. Also we had just lost an NBAer to the first round last year. Yet we almost knocked out CSU at the Moby. Shortly after those first matchup's NMSU started its 20 win streak that included victories vs rio grande rivial New Mexico and the shellacking of UTEP, and it's first victory over a P5 opponent for years. I wouldn't doubt that a second game agaisnt CSU would go to NMSU. Not trying to knock on y'all's team just trying to defend mine. However, if NMSU was in the MW. I wouldn't doubt that we do win championships in MBB. Remember we used to play against the Nevada's and Boise's of the world and still came out on top. This season could have resulted in two NCAA tourney bids if both Nevada and NMSU were in the same League. We both had a high enough RPI for one of those on the bubble teams.

Nevada and Utah State owned NMSU. You tied us for the league championship one time. Every other year was won by the Pack or the Aggies until we left the conference.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

42 minutes ago, NewMexicoSt. said:

I read some where that when joing the MWC Utah State was awarded money to help with facilities and to jump start their uprising football program. Also, we where not accepted into the Sun Belt because their eastern members didn't want to travel to New Mexico. We had serval memebers that still voice the Aggies to join that league. I believe those schools include Ark St, ULL, Texas St, ULM etc. 

USU paid money to join the conference no conference money was given for facilities. All the money for facility improvement was donor dollars and bonds.

As a side note USU will announce a home and home series with New Mexico state in football and basketball in the future.

23 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

TRUE...CSU beat New Méx St this yr.

8 hours ago, NewMexicoSt. said:

S-C-O-R-E-B-O-A-R-D

10 hours ago, NewMexicoSt. said:

Good work my friend ?

Go Aggies the best basketball program in New Mexico!

On 3/17/2017 at 0:56 PM, #1Stunner said:

Fresno is where BYU sends its old coaches to die.  Guys like Steve Cleveland.

BYU already recruits to its strength.  White guys, and Polynesians (which you oddly also call "white guys").  We are having success in football and basketball doing that formula.  Both of you guys (San Jose and Fresno) are not doing nearly as well. 

I repeat.  San Jose and twin, Fresno State, need to do something desperate in football and basketball, which starts with recruiting to your strength.  You guys are getting the 7th tier black athletes in California, which is resulting in terrible programs. 

He was talking about the NIT basketball game where you got blown out in the first round (I forget the opponent) I think BYU lost by 40 maybe? Anyway, I watched BYU play a couple times this year and didn't see a single non white guy. No Polynesians on your basketball team. All white LDS team.

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, hawkeyelobo said:

He was talking about the NIT basketball game where you got blown out in the first round (I forget the opponent) I think BYU lost by 40 maybe? Anyway, I watched BYU play a couple times this year and didn't see a single non white guy. No Polynesians on your basketball team. All white LDS team.

Are you really this dense?  You are bringing shame to the State of Iowa.

http://byucougars.com/athlete/m-basketball/corbin-kaufusi

Kaufusi is Tongan, and helped BYU to beat Gonzaga.

And BYU's starting PG is a black guy -- LJ Rose.   Don't be dumb.

Besides, why are you complaining about if BYU has too many white guys?  The conversation is about schools recruiting to their strength, not race percentages.  Don't be so dumb.

5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Are you really this dense?  You are bringing shame to the State of Iowa.

http://byucougars.com/athlete/m-basketball/corbin-kaufusi

Kaufusi is Tongan, and helped BYU to beat Gonzaga.

And BYU's starting PG is a black guy -- LJ Rose.   Don't be dumb.

Besides, why are you complaining about if BYU has too many white guys?  The conversation is about schools recruiting to their strength, not race percentages.  Don't be so dumb.

Recruiting LDS students has left BYU with the reputation of having cheap, low-class students. Your administration should seriously consider a different approach before your reputation is beyond repair. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

Guest #1Stunner
14 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Recruiting LDS students has left BYU with the reputation of having cheap, low-class students. Your administration should seriously consider a different approach before your reputation is beyond repair. 

What can BYU do to improve the quality of its student body?

How can BYU get to the level of Fresno State?