TheTedfordTrain

New Mexico State

Currently up at half vs 3 seed Baylor. 

How can anyone make the argument that they're not a better addition than SJSU? They both have historically garbage football teams, but at least NMSU brings in an infinitely better basketball program. And god knows we need the boost right now. @#1Stunner has made the argument before. He's right. 

• Like 1

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

They would not  have made the tourney if they were in this conference. The weak wac is the only reason they're in... granted they are playing well right now... but I don't think they would have gotten past Nevada/CSU/BSU/SDSU.

New Mexico was crappy this year, and they only managed a spilt with us so...no... lipstick on a pig is all you're seeing.

• Like 2

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

2 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

They would not  have made the tourney if they were in this conference. The weak wac is the only reason they're in... granted they are playing well right now... but I don't think they would have gotten past Nevada/CSU/BSU/SDSU.

New Mexico was crappy this year, and they only managed a spilt with us so...no... lipstick on a pig is all you're seeing.

Bakersfield embarrassed Cal. I'm not convinced the WAC is much worse than the MWC. Both 1 bid leagues. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Bakersfield embarrassed Cal. I'm not convinced the WAC is much worse than the MWC. Both 1 bid leagues. 

Not all 1 bid leagues are equal, there's about 20 of them

• Like 1

Guest #1Stunner
24 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Currently up at half vs 3 seed Baylor. 

How can anyone make the argument that they're not a better addition than SJSU? They both have historically garbage football teams, but at least NMSU brings in an infinitely better basketball program. And god knows we need the boost right now. @#1Stunner has made the argument before. He's right. 

Until San Jose recruits to their strength (China and Korea), they will struggle in basketball. 

Same goes for Fresno.  You guys should be recruiting Mexico hard.   There are actually a lot of talented basketball players in Mexico, who could build your program. 

Also forgot to mention your team... I think FSU would have beaten them as well in the MWCT. At best, they might have been another NIT/CBI team for the MW.

edit: Baylor rolling now 62-48 in the 2H.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

44 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Until San Jose recruits to their strength (China and Korea), they will struggle in basketball. 

Same goes for Fresno.  You guys should be recruiting Mexico hard.   There are actually a lot of talented basketball players in Mexico, who could build your program. 

We're doing it mostly with black guys. Your white guys got you knocked out in the first round. Do you think you should be looking outside your religion? 

• Like 2

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

We're doing it mostly with black guys. Your white guys got you knocked out in the first round. Do you think you should be looking outside your religion? 

Fresno is where BYU sends its old coaches to die.  Guys like Steve Cleveland.

BYU already recruits to its strength.  White guys, and Polynesians (which you oddly also call "white guys").  We are having success in football and basketball doing that formula.  Both of you guys (San Jose and Fresno) are not doing nearly as well. 

I repeat.  San Jose and twin, Fresno State, need to do something desperate in football and basketball, which starts with recruiting to your strength.  You guys are getting the 7th tier black athletes in California, which is resulting in terrible programs. 

12 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU already recruits to its strength.  White guys, and Polynesians (which you oddly also call "white guys").  We are having success in football and basketball doing that formula.  Both of you guys (San Jose and Fresno) are not doing nearly as well. 

I repeat.  San Jose and twin, Fresno State, need to do something desperate in football and basketball, which starts with recruiting to your strength.  You guys are getting the 7th tier black athletes in California, which is resulting in terrible programs. 

We are going after this guy pretty hard. 

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/michael-wang

spartan-hands.gif

33 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

You call first rounds exits a success? Because that's exactly what we did last year-except we had a conference championship trophy.

Is "success" nationally embarrassing brawls and crotch grabs? Do you think that BYU should look to recruit athletes outside the LDS community? Perhaps athletes outside the church will demonstrate more socially acceptable behavior...like keeping your hands to yourself. 

• Like 1

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

You call first rounds exits a success? Because that's exactly what we did last year-except we had a conference championship trophy. What about nationally embarrassing brawls and crotch grabs?

Do you think that BYU should look to recruit athletes outside the LDS community? Perhaps athletes outside the church will demonstrate more socially acceptable behavior...like keeping your hands to yourself. 

Yes, I'd take BYU's football and basketball success over Fresno's any day.  Last time you guys played in Provo (football) it was such a terrible opponent, that ESPN didn't even want the game.  I think Fresno was blown out.  There is a reason that Fresno has such terrible fan support (losing product) and BYU actually has fan interest (winning product).

But....buy all means.  You and your twin (Fresno - San Jose State) keep seeing if you can have success.  

16 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Yes, I'd take BYU's football and basketball success over Fresno's any day.  Last time you guys played in Provo (football) it was such a terrible opponent, that ESPN didn't even want the game.  I think Fresno was blown out.  There is a reason that Fresno has such terrible fan support (losing product) and BYU actually has fan interest (winning product).

But....buy all means.  You and your twin (Fresno - San Jose State) keep seeing if you can have success.  

If you ignore BYU's headline grabbing character issues; relative to the P5 status which you desperately seek, do you think you've demonstrated enough success for inclusion? Even Fresno can muster up first round exits. You should heavily consider recruiting outside the LDS community. There are enough P5 programs with questionable morals in the news. I doubt they have interest in adding one more. 

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

If you ignore the headline grabbing character issues, relative to the P5 status which you desperately seek, do you think you've demonstrated enough success for inclusion? Even Fresno can muster up first round exits. You should heavily consider recruiting outside the LDS community. There are enough P5 programs with questionable morals in the news. I doubt they have interest in adding one more. 

BYU plays both Fresno and San Jose in football this fall.  We are playing the Twins.  This is gonna be brutal.  Empty stadiums.

32 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU plays both Fresno and San Jose in football this fall.  We are playing the Twins.  This is gonna be brutal.  Empty stadiums.

Fresno players have been instructed to wear extra heavy athletic cups and not swing back when men representing the LDS community do. Our women have also been instructed to stay away from your men, and in the unfortunate case that they don't, to refrain from reporting rape to your officials.   They've been linked to the article of the young lady being punished for reporting rape at BYU. 

3 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Dang, you are smooth Stunner.  Lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Do you think that BYU should look to recruit athletes outside the LDS community? Perhaps athletes outside the church will demonstrate more socially acceptable behavior...

Naw, BYU just needs to start recruiting tougher Mormons, like male equivalents of Sarah Cummard.

Boom goes the dynamite.