I am Ram

Cayman Islands - garbage the Guardian writes

Okay, it's no secret that the only thing the Guardian loves more than criticizing America is taxes. This is probably why some staff writer decided to sit down with a cup of Ear Grey (Assam gives him a tummy ache) and write a piece of total garbage about Cayman [sic].

One of the main arguments goes like this: The Cayman Islands have no direct taxation, so they tax everything else, so fish fingers cost eight-fiddy. This is nonsense. Yes, groceries and restaurants are expensive. How expensive? Maybe a bit more than Sweden. Or a bit less than Denmark. BUT THEY DON'T PAY PHUCKIN INCOME OR PROPERTY TAX!!! Put an extra 30% of my salary in my pocket, and I'll gladly pay more for stuff I buy, especially because you don't need much to be happy because you're in a Caribbean phuckin paradise! Also, they obviously import a lot of stuff, so that adds to the cost as well.

Disclaimer: I've been a huge fan of the Cayman Islands ever since I went there on vacation. Amazing ocean, no direct taxation, strong environmental laws, and tons of 90s JDM beater cars - my kind of country!

Read and weep:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jan/18/the-cayman-islands-home-to-100000-companies-and-the-850-packet-of-fish-fingers

(Interesting side note. The Cayman Islands are a British overseas territory, and yet this is filed under US News. "US" must be code for "stuff we don't like.)

• Like 2