mugtang

Nevada vs Iowa State

8 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

iowa state beats purdue, then kansas. again.

good luck to the cyclones.

We gotta get past Purdue. It could be tough as they are a tough interior team. Our post defense is not stellar. But against KU, I like our chances. I believe ISU is 5-4 or 4-4 against KU since the 2014-15. If we got to that game, I like it because we know them. Our seniors have played these guys for four years. What a way to end it, win or lose. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

UNLV drew Kansas at the opponent in the NCAA's for a couple of years - almost back to back years 

This year in particular was especially ridiculous and the coaching talent in this league right now is brutal. OU and Texas were the easy games, Texas is full of 4 star kids and OU is coming off a final four run and those are the easy games lol. 

2 minutes ago, CycloneLuke said:

We gotta get past Purdue. It could be tough as they are a tough interior team. Our post defense is not stellar. But against KU, I like our chances. I believe ISU is 5-4 or 4-4 against KU since the 2014-15. If we got to that game, I like it because we know them. Our seniors have played these guys for four years. What a way to end it, win or lose. 

2 things with kansas. i rarely take them far in any bracket i do, because, obviously, they seem to flame out at tournament time. secondly, there's a whole lot of turmoil there right now, it has to affect them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4UNLV said:

2 things with kansas. i rarely take them far in any bracket i do, because, obviously, they seem to flame out at tournament time. secondly, there's a whole lot of turmoil there right now, it has to affect them.

I want to see them. So bad. It has quickly become a series that resembles a rivalry. I don't know that it is there yet, but we certainly don't really like each other. Like I said, win or lose, it would be a great game.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

the Cyclones are solid. Make it DEEEP!!!

All I can say now is Hope Muss stays.

and Fenner was overcome. That dude is legend here forever.

Fenner was a big part of resurrecting the program. He didn't play well tonight, but I'd ride or die with a guy like that anytime. Took the baton from Deonte and passed it on to Caroline, Drew, and Hall.

Marshall we hardly knew ye. Never saw a pack player who could go from ice cold to melting the other team with a flamethrower in the blink of an eye like him. He'll be tough to replace, too.

If tonight was Oliver's last game in a Nevada uniform we were lucky to have him this long. The guy is a special talent. If he works hard and adjusts to being a role player he will play a long time in the pros and make boatloads of money. If he comes back...I suppose that is too much to hope for on a night like tonight. So long Cam, you've been a lot of fun to watch.

As for Muss, he needs to do what is best for him and his family. I do hope he considers the value in being the guy who builds his own little piece of the basketball world. Love from the locals won't set his family up for generations, but there is something to be said for being a pauper king instead of rich mercenary. I wish him luck no matter what he decides.

• Like 7

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

47 minutes ago, CycloneLuke said:

So the eternal debate of the mwcboard is how many men would it take to beat a male silverback gorilla in backyard combat. What say you?

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Guest Dr. Dre
7 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

we also discuss everything from recent scientific findings to space exploration to exploring what would happen if a man fought a wolf with his bare hands.

you left out running a train on your wife. That's always a popular topic. That, and discussing what is the best way to get rid of the fleas once she leaves your house.

12 hours ago, CycloneLuke said:

@thelawlorfaithful Thank you. It is gonna be a tough game, but the homer in me likes my 'Clones. :) I will try to. I gotta add this to my google pages so I see it and remember to. I really like the community you guys have. 

@UNLV2001 The thing about this game is that no body really broke out and took over the game. The players can though. Monte played super sloppy. 4 turnovers in the first half? He can't do that against Purdue. But that said, he still played great down the stretch. We are going to miss him tremendously next year. Burton can be dominate. And he is so fun to watch. You should tell those NBA players to check out Ames, Iowa. I hear it is a great place. :)

@halfmanhalfbronco - I plan on it. I like politics. Space is pretty neat. I don't know?! But have you heard about the man that fought a bear with his bare hands? 

UNLV went against ISU for Jason Vaughn a few years ago...........he left UNLV for the NBA after 1 season and no NCAA appearance - That UNLV coach is gone, so maybe tings will change! 

Nevada learns the lesson SDSU has learned about being a tournament team from the MWC: Expect to be slotted badly by the committee.

Having to travel 2K miles to face a tournament experienced opponent like ISU playing only a 6-hour drive from its campus is no bueno.

Boom goes the dynamite.

12 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Fenner was a big part of resurrecting the program. He didn't play well tonight, but I'd ride or die with a guy like that anytime. Took the baton from Deonte and passed it on to Caroline, Drew, and Hall.

Marshall we hardly knew ye. Never saw a pack player who could go from ice cold to melting the other team with a flamethrower in the blink of an eye like him. He'll be tough to replace, too.

If tonight was Oliver's last game in a Nevada uniform we were lucky to have him this long. The guy is a special talent. If he works hard and adjusts to being a role player he will play a long time in the pros and make boatloads of money. If he comes back...I suppose that is too much to hope for on a night like tonight. So long Cam, you've been a lot of fun to watch.

As for Muss, he needs to do what is best for him and his family. I do hope he considers the value in being the guy who builds his own little piece of the basketball world. Love from the locals won't set his family up for generations, but there is something to be said for being a pauper king instead of rich mercenary. I wish him luck no matter what he decides.

Early on in the season I was thinking Oliver would go pro............but as the season went on, Oliver's game came more into focus - Now I'm not sure he leaves..........he is talented, but he still has a tendency to disappear for stretches of time and i think he needs another year at least of seasoning. Maybe the better talent around him this year was the reason he wasn't a main focus. I think if CO is smart he comes back for his Junior season.

If I had to name a team MVP, I'd vote Caroline - He seemed to be the glue guy who did everything the PACK needed when they needed it............Oliver had his moments and Marshall could shoot lights out at times, but thru-out the season Caroline was pretty much steady inside & outside 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Early on in the season I was thinking Oliver would go pro............but as the season went on, Oliver's game came more into focus - Now I'm not sure he leaves..........he is talented, but he still has a tendency to disappear for stretches of time and i think he needs another year at least of seasoning. Maybe the better talent around him this year was the reason he wasn't a main focus. I think if CO is smart he comes back for his Junior season.

If I had to name a team MVP, I'd vote Caroline - He seemed to be the glue guy who did everything the PACK needed when they needed it............Oliver had his moments and Marshall could shoot lights out at times, but thru-out the season Caroline was pretty much steady inside & outside 

Agreed, it will be tough to lose Oliver, Fenner, and Marshall, but we can build our team around Caroline IMO. He's one of my favorite all time Pack players.

29 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

I'd be happy to have him for another year. The draft is tough sledding for upperclassmen though.

39 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I'd be happy to have him for another year. The draft is tough sledding for upperclassmen though.

It is, but this years draft is supposed to be stacked and next year is supposed to be a slightly weaker class.