mugtang

Nevada vs Iowa State

Just now, kalua pig said:

nevada looked like a different team in the first half.thats on the coach.

That is on playing a more challenging OOC schedule to prepare for better Tournament competition.

• Like 1

The MWC... it seems like they're getting somewhere but not getting anywhere.

it took a while for nevada to get used to the big stage, having not been there for a long time. there will be a good foundation for next year, and this experience will definitely benefit the pack going forward. it's a process, and it takes a minute or two, after having only 9 wins two years before. keep your chin up, nevada, you've come a long way. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, CycloneLuke said:

A hard fought victory. There were times ISU would have folded. Thank you. And again, thank you for welcoming me onto your board. 

Come back in 2020 when you play Unlv in football and join us in making fun of them for hiring a high school coach...even though he'll be long gone by then.

• Like 1

Just now, Chrysis said:

Man, I forgot how much these hurt

Good game ISU

Right? The week leading up to the game is the fun part of the dance. The games themselves are stress and misery.

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

12 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Good luck going forward. Give Perdue hell.

And drop by once in awhile. We talk about more than just Mountain West stuff, especially during the offseason. 

11 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Agree with this............first time seeing ISU this year, but in this game didn't see any single standout talent, just a solid group that plays well together - which makes for a dangerous team 

UNLV had 3 NBA level players last season & didn't even make the NCAA's & finished a miserable 7th in a weak MWC - Talent doesn't win if you don;t have coaching & cohesiveness 

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Bruh stick around.  Check out the OT section.  A lot of it is politics but we also discuss everything from recent scientific findings to space exploration to exploring what would happen if a man fought a wolf with his bare hands.

@thelawlorfaithful Thank you. It is gonna be a tough game, but the homer in me likes my 'Clones. :) I will try to. I gotta add this to my google pages so I see it and remember to. I really like the community you guys have. 

@UNLV2001 The thing about this game is that no body really broke out and took over the game. The players can though. Monte played super sloppy. 4 turnovers in the first half? He can't do that against Purdue. But that said, he still played great down the stretch. We are going to miss him tremendously next year. Burton can be dominate. And he is so fun to watch. You should tell those NBA players to check out Ames, Iowa. I hear it is a great place. :)

@halfmanhalfbronco - I plan on it. I like politics. Space is pretty neat. I don't know?! But have you heard about the man that fought a bear with his bare hands? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CycloneLuke said:

@thelawlorfaithful Thank you. It is gonna be a tough game, but the homer in me likes my 'Clones. :) I will try to. I gotta add this to my google pages so I see it and remember to. I really like the community you guys have. 

@UNLV2001 The thing about this game is that no body really broke out and took over the game. The players can though. Monte played super sloppy. 4 turnovers in the first half? He can't do that against Purdue. But that said, he still played great down the stretch. We are going to miss him tremendously next year. Burton can be dominate. And he is so fun to watch. You should tell those NBA players to check out Ames, Iowa. I hear it is a great place. :)

@halfmanhalfbronco - I plan on it. I like politics. Space is pretty neat. I don't know?! But have you heard about the man that fought a bear with his bare hands? 

Ask @thelawlorfaithful about our age old gorilla question. 

• Like 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

This guy is worthy.

I agree and he mentioned fighting a bear with just your hands 

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

8 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

it took a while for nevada to get used to the big stage, having not been there for a long time. there will be a good foundation for next year, and this experience will definitely benefit the pack going forward. it's a process, and it takes a minute or two, after having only 9 wins two years before. keep your chin up, nevada, you've come a long way. 

I look forward to watching some Nevada next year. Nevada has some great younger talent. Their turn around reminds me of ISU's when Hoiberg arrived. 

Just now, CycloneLuke said:

I look forward to watching some Nevada next year. Nevada has some great younger talent. Their turn around reminds me of ISU's when Hoiberg arrived. 

i remember that, good comparison. i'm hoping unlv climbs out of the cellar soon, as well.

Just now, 4UNLV said:

i remember that, good comparison. i'm hoping unlv climbs out of the cellar soon, as well.

Keep Muss and work the transfer market. A great, exciting, and NBA style of basketball with a constant flow of talent with players developing along the way. 

Just now, CycloneLuke said:

Keep Muss and work the transfer market. A great, exciting, and NBA style of basketball with a constant flow of talent with players developing along the way. 

yeah, we'd take muss! reno can keep dave rice...

Just now, cgzpack said:

lol yeah

get your bands fired up for the next round, good luck clones

Another thing some of us sometimes do here: Werewolf Games at MWCBoard

might be about time... although i don't have time anyway, but i'd still follow along, lol.