Guest Dr. Dre

LOL. Mormon missionary needs to try out for Byu football

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

That guy should be glad it wasn't future BYU football player Mo Langi in that video (6'7", 400 lbs)

CTa3fu5UEAAH0TB.jpg

langi.0.0.jpg

Cc5lq1LUAAA3sAz.jpg

Irrelevant.  Ain't nobody going to try and rob Mo.

As for the other guy...I like his backbone.  If BYU doesn't want him, we'll take him.

3 hours ago, TheDoggFather said:

6'7" 410 ain't got nothin' on Daniel Faalele...6'9" 396 and not much of it is fat...

What?!?  Both are massive human beings.  The funny part to me though is Mo was getting in trouble with the BYU coaches for GAINING weight on his mission.  I still think he is a long shot to make the team in the fall but won't keep a scholarship if he isn't in condition since he has no background of playing organized football.  Ziggy Ansah didn't either but he was an elite athlete and just learned the game.  Mo doesn't quite fit that bill.

Mo Langi is the biggest fantasy in the minds of BYU fans that I've ever seen.

I don't think the dude will play a down for us.   I'm so tired of the Cougarboard folks asking about him and acting like he's going to be some stalwart on our team.  Real football players will run circles around the guy.

• Like 1

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

19 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

That Missionary learned those fighting skills playing Church Basketball.

Anyone on here that has ever played Mormon Churchball knows that its the most physical basketball league you'll ever play in.   The California Mormon Wards take it to another level. 

Basketball.jpg?lr=t&bw=500&bh=500

HaHa.  Played in a Baptist league with some of my friends when I was in jr high (Catholic boy ringer :-) ).  The diversity of congregations made for some laughably lopsided match-ups.  Play was always rough as the "refs" (fat dude+ whistle = ref) were usually not up to the task.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Guest #1Stunner
8 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

HaHa.  Played in a Baptist league with some of my friends when I was in jr high (Catholic boy ringer :-) ).  The diversity of congregations made for some laughably lopsided match-ups.  Play was always rough as the "refs" (fat dude+ whistle = ref) were usually not up to the task.

Wow.  We have a lot of Churchballers on this forum.

Was the Baptist league as violent as the Mormon one?

Guest #1Stunner
38 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Mo Langi is the biggest fantasy in the minds of BYU fans that I've ever seen.

I don't think the dude will play a down for us.   I'm so tired of the Cougarboard folks asking about him and acting like he's going to be some stalwart on our team.  Real football players will run circles around the guy.

Lighten up Francis.  

Have fun with it for what it is.  Big MO is going to bring a lot of Joy to the fans, just for be PREE-SENT.  You act like you are upset that the fans have taken a liking to him. 

wildcats.jpg

Just now, #1Stunner said:

Wow.  We have a lot of Churchballers on this forum.

Was the Baptist league as violent as the Mormon one?

Never played in a Mormon League but I was in a Mormon Cub Scout troop. The Den Mother's husband took us on a field trip to his place of work; the local slaughter house. 

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 minute ago, SDSUfan said:

Never played in a Mormon League but I was in a Mormon Cub Scout troop. The Den Mother's husband took us on a field trip to his place of work; the local slaughter house. 

Did they give you a little sample of steaks at the end to take home?

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Just now, Jack Bauer said:

Did they give you a little sample of steaks at the end to take home?

Alas, no. Strange how times change though. It was utterly uncontroversial back then to drag a bunch of 4th graders to a slaughterhouse.  I can't imagine that happening today.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

3 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Alas, no. Strange how times change though. It was utterly uncontroversial back then to drag a bunch of 4th graders to a slaughterhouse.  I can't imagine that happening today.

Yeah, no doubt.  It's funny what is not ok over time.  We were just talking about how I drove a four wheeler around the fields near our home when I was in third grade.  My son is in fourth grade now and I can't even imagine letting him doing that unsupervised.

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Yeah, no doubt.  It's funny what is not ok over time.  We were just talking about how I drove a four wheeler around the fields near our home when I was in third grade.  My son is in fourth grade now and I can't even imagine letting him doing that unsupervised.

It's also odd now no one wore bike helmets 

I'm betting that if Mo does make the team this fall, he very well could be a redshirt on the scout team.  He not only needs to get into football shape, but has years of learning to make up.  Langi was evaluated by Kaufusi in Tonga by watching him play pickup basketball.  Bronco offered him a scholarship 15 minutes after meeting him.  He has never played organized football.  But now Bronco is gone and Kaufusi no longer coaches the defensive line--where Langi is expected to play because the techniques are simpler there than on the offensive side of the line.  This was Bronco's quip to Fox13:  http://fox13now.com/2015/02/04/byus-biggest-recruit-will-join-team-despite-never-having-played-football/

Mendenhall said that even with a lack of experience, they expect Langi to be an asset to the team. He even joked that if nothing else Langi could fall sideways after the snap to block the line.

8 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Actually, not that big a deal. Last year my daughter's English class visited the UNR (see mother @#%&ers, UNR academics:D) processing and packing plant. They had been reading The Jungle; my only concern was that between the book and the field trip, she wouldn't want to eat burgers or ribs anymore. She didn't for a few weeks but she got over it; ribs are her favorite.

Guest #1Stunner
11 minutes ago, Fido said:

I'm betting that if Mo does make the team this fall, he very well could be a redshirt on the scout team.  He not only needs to get into football shape, but has years of learning to make up.  Langi was evaluated by Kaufusi in Tonga by watching him play pickup basketball.  Bronco offered him a scholarship 15 minutes after meeting him.  He has never played organized football.  But now Bronco is gone and Kaufusi no longer coaches the defensive line--where Langi is expected to play because the techniques are simpler there than on the offensive side of the line.  This was Bronco's quip to Fox13:  http://fox13now.com/2015/02/04/byus-biggest-recruit-will-join-team-despite-never-having-played-football/

You should be ashamed of yourself for quoting "Buzzkill" "We shouldn't have fun" Mendenhall.

He's the same asshole that used to get mad and lecture the fans if he felt that they were trying to have fun.   Circle the Wagons Mendenhall.   Glad he's gone, and we have Kalani now.

And regarding Big Mo, accept him for what he is.  A huge dude, that will hopefully be a fun guy to have on the team.  No one thinks Big Mo is supposed to be a Pro Bowler.