RamSack

CSU's Game Vs Oregon St Moved to Aug 26

Really excited by this. Now we don't have to play @Bama, Oregon State, @Hawai'i and @Utah State in consecutive weeks.

Plus we get to open the stadium against a P5 opponent. Should get a decent TV spot too. Not a lot of other good games that weekend.

10 minutes ago, HylianHero said:

Plus we get to open the stadium against a P5 opponent. Should get a decent TV spot too. Not a lot of other good games that weekend.

We'll definitely have a good kickoff time, but there's about a 100% chance this ends up on CBS Sports. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

We'll definitely have a good kickoff time, but there's about a 100% chance this ends up on CBS Sports. 

Yay for CBSsux...

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

Glad other MW schools finally starting to use the Week 0 Hawaii Exemption. 

Hopefully that will get more schools for you to go to the Island to take advantage of that....namely P5 schools.

16 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

I don't think OSU will want CBSSN.  If its not of CBS, I think this will be on ESPN...will a low probability of being on ABC.

OSU doesn't have a choice though. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I like this schedule change.  As an OSU alum I'm stoked that the Beav's get to open up CSU's new stadium with a win over the sheep :D.  It just feels right and thanks to the Rammies needing a bye week to heal their Bobo's and boo boo's from a severe beating at the hands of the Crimson Tide it will become a reality.

1 hour ago, MWC Tex said:

Hopefully that will get more schools for you to go to the Island to take advantage of that....namely P5 schools.

it's slowly starting to happen as we are having H&H's with Arizona (who moved the date) and Vandy both using the Week '0' exemption for 2019 and 2022.

2019 going be one interesting season. Start off with Arizona, bye, Oregon St, and then @ Washington. Mini Pac12 schedule right there...

Just what the doctor ordered.  Who knows how '17 will turn out, but this creates a perfectly timed bye week.  Factor in fall practice and this puts our bye square in the middle of our season, plus it gives the players a reset going from a tough OOC to a tough conference slate, and it preserves a bye week between the last conference game and the CCG (just in case).  If no CCG, and there's no reason to not be optimistic in March, then an extra week of bowl practice to get that monkey off of Bobo's back.

Yes, Kahlua, I know that you're going to say that Bobo "is" a monkey.

Any way you slice it, this was a very good move by the CSU AD.  It doesn't add any advantage for the OOC, but it does normalize the crap schedule that the MWC handed down.

18 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Any way you slice it, this was a very good move by the CSU AD.  It doesn't add any advantage for the OOC, but it does normalize the crap schedule that the MWC handed down.

I think it does actually. I'd rather play Oregon State in the opener than having to play them after Alabama. I also like that we'll have a tune-up game under our belt while UC-Boulder will be playing their opener.

Just now, Fort Fun said:

I think it does actually. I'd rather play Oregon State in the opener than having to play them after Alabama. I also like that we'll have a tune-up game under our belt while UC-Boulder will be playing their opener.

Good point, although I've never considered OSU a "tune up".  UNC, Sac State, U of Wyoming, Snow College, etc., sure.  But OSU is a pretty big "tune up".  Wait, you mean ACU.  I'm on board.

12 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Good point, although I've never considered OSU a "tune up".  UNC, Sac State, U of Wyoming, Snow College, etc., sure.  But OSU is a pretty big "tune up".  Wait, you mean ACU.  I'm on board.

He just means CU isn't going to be the first game, so we should have some game experience, unlike the usual crapshoot of you never know who will be better.

24 minutes ago, HylianHero said:

He just means CU isn't going to be the first game, so we should have some game experience, unlike the usual crapshoot of you never know who will be better.

That didn't work out so well when we played CU after Mich St.