mugtang

Iowa State fans...lol

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, pokebball said:

It's already run a couple of times.  I thought they did a good job, actually.

I'll have to watch it, but CBS Sports is hard to find.

I guess the players went Kaepernick, and the Wyoming Coach didn't allow it and kicked them off the team. 

43 minutes ago, CycloneLuke said:

Ah gee guys. So welcoming to a P5 conference fellow. I appreciate it. Speaking of BYU, isn't that the place ISU came to town and beat you guys while having obscentities chanted at our players? The West sure is wild. 

Will you please let Bob Bowlsby know to stop calling us? It's rather unbecoming. 

4 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Well, CSU and SDSU haven't shown up in this thread yet.

tCSUf gonna tCSUf. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, Typical CSU Fan said:

Will you please let Bob Bowlsby know to stop calling us? It's rather unbecoming. 

You should know by now Bob Bowlsby doesn't give two shits about ISU. We are just hoping he manages to add someone else so we don't have to join the MWC. XD 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

I'll have to watch it, but CBS Sports is hard to find.

I guess the players went Kaepernick, and the Wyoming Coach didn't allow it and kicked them off the team. 

Some Kaepernick from Coach Eaton too.  Neither side played it very well.  Civil rights protests were rampant across the country and reportedly, he had made it clear that there would not be any of it interfering with his program.  When the 14 came to him with their planned protest for the BYU game, he came down hard.

My son was part of a group at UW that organized an event at UW to honor the Black 14.  A few came and spoke about the incident.  A bronze honoring the 14 was unveiled as is displayed in the student union.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 minute ago, CycloneLuke said:

Good question. We're still holding onto hope that the conference will survive. Only Texas knows the B12's fate.

What's the general feel amongst your fans about it?  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

This is one of the ISU poster's response regarding Cam Oliver...

He looks like a big strong dude. I'm struggling to find a lot of highlights against top 50 RPI teams this year though. I won't doubt he looks like a great athlete, but it's easier to show off your athleticism against San Jose State, UNLV, and Air Force.

The company they put UNLV in.  LOL

26 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

There will be a special on CBS Sports on the Black 14, and how BYU killed Wyoming athletics.

Wyoming has never been the same, and the Black players all became BYU fans afterwards. 

BYU didn't kill Wyoming athletics, the aftermath of the Black 14 lied solely on the shoulders of Lloyd Eaton. One can only speculate what the football team could have accomplished if that never happened.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

Just now, mugtang said:

What's the general feel amongst your fans about it?  

General feel is that the B12 is gonna still be around. We are kind of upset with Texas because they run the show and we understand that no matter what happens Texas will be fine, whereas ISU feels we need to add some more schools. CSU, BYU, Houston all come to mind when we talk about expansion. BYU was the big one, and I would have loved to have added them to the conference. But those talks have settled down again. 

In fantasy land, some fans think the B1G would add ISU. I just don't see that happening. Although, I would jump ship in a heartbeat to be in that conference. ISU would stop having losing season in fb every single year, the tv contract would be great, as well as a built in rivalry game so we aren't giving up a gimme to play Iowa. I say that, but also understand that there is no such thing as a gimme for ISU in fb as of lately. 

Others think ISU will fall into obscurity (like we aren't already there in fb) and we will never be able to compete again. I tend to stay away from this doom and gloom. I hope the B12 adds someone so we can avoid the stress of it all. 

2 minutes ago, CycloneLuke said:

General feel is that the B12 is gonna still be around. We are kind of upset with Texas because they run the show and we understand that no matter what happens Texas will be fine, whereas ISU feels we need to add some more schools. CSU, BYU, Houston all come to mind when we talk about expansion. BYU was the big one, and I would have loved to have added them to the conference. But those talks have settled down again. 

In fantasy land, some fans think the B1G would add ISU. I just don't see that happening. Although, I would jump ship in a heartbeat to be in that conference. ISU would stop having losing season in fb every single year, the tv contract would be great, as well as a built in rivalry game so we aren't giving up a gimme to play Iowa. I say that, but also understand that there is no such thing as a gimme for ISU in fb as of lately. 

Others think ISU will fall into obscurity (like we aren't already there in fb) and we will never be able to compete again. I tend to stay away from this doom and gloom. I hope the B12 adds someone so we can avoid the stress of it all. 

Great.  Now CSU fans are going to be insufferable ALL PHUCKING OFFSEASON. Thanks Luke.  You can gtfo now :P 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, pokebball said:

This is one of the ISU poster's response regarding Cam Oliver...

He looks like a big strong dude. I'm struggling to find a lot of highlights against top 50 RPI teams this year though. I won't doubt he looks like a great athlete, but it's easier to show off your athleticism against San Jose State, UNLV, and Air Force.

The company they put UNLV in.  LOL

UNLV deserves to be in that group this year but let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Wyo split with AF and came within a point of losing to UNLV twice this year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

UNLV deserves to be in that group this year but let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Wyo split with AF and came within a point of losing to UNLV twice this year.

Hey now, I'm not the one that put UNLV in this company.  I just thought it interesting that someone in Iowa does.

Just now, pokebball said:

Hey now, I'm not the one that put UNLV in this company.  I just thought it interesting that someone in Iowa does.

They were obviously suffering from the euphoria of just having sex with this bull when they posted it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CycloneLuke said:

After your classy students chanted the n-word at him. I'd think that would be an honor code infraction. "Chant racist epithets at opposing teams - sure nbd. Drink a beer or get your knob slobbed? DISMISSED!" #byulogic

giphy.gif

He is taking to this quick!

• Like 5

spartan-hands.gif

Just now, SpartanGrad said:

giphy.gif

He is taking to this quick!

I think he'll manage on the mwcboard just fine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SpartanGrad said:

Iowa St. finished 3-9 in football... so yeah they fit in. I am guessing they can be besties with Fresno fans. 

raw

• Like 1