spartanswin1

SJSU gets huge upgrade with new DL coach!

3 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

LOL. Cherry picking one ASU fan's opinion. Seumalo has been a DL coach in the PAC-12 for 10 seasons, and is known as a very good recruiter. He's coached (7) lineman that have made it to the NFL. He left ASU because their new DC wanted to hire his own DL coach. Happens all the time in the coaching world. Our head coach went out and found a great replacement quickly, and he hdidn't have to resort to poaching another MWC school's staff, unlike that a-hole head coach at Fresblow State.

10 years of P12 recruits and he averaged less than 1 player a year to the NFL?

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

But then again, SJSU HC Brent Brennan worked with him for five seasons at Oregon State. Seumalo was at Oregon State for nine seasons, so please spare me any analysis that Riley didn't want him around. For all you know, Seaumalo didn't want to go to Nebraska with Riley.

For all I know?? Seaumalo was quoted as saying he didn't know why Riley didn't take him to Nebraska. He called it a big time head scratcher. It was Riley's decision, not Seaumalo's. 

23 minutes ago, Dogday63 said:

For all I know?? Seaumalo was quoted as saying he didn't know why Riley didn't take him to Nebraska. He called it a big time head scratcher. It was Riley's decision, not Seaumalo's. 

Don't spoil Mike's fantasy. 

2 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

And they had to work for Caragher. So, they get a pass in my book.

The bigger question is, will Brennan be another Caragher? Brennan is saying and doing all the right things, but will that translate into actual wins? Only time will tell.

After the Caragher let down, I'm just gonna refrain from getting excited about any of this. The OP has a history of making "bold" (and stupid) predictions here, so I'll just take his post for what it's worth.

11 hours ago, Dogs4Me said:

10 years of P12 recruits and he averaged less than 1 player a year to the NFL?

Seven defensive lineman to the NFL in a ten year period, most while at Oregon State, is pretty damn good. Heck, I believe the entire MWC only has eight active NFL defensive linemen right now.

Champ Logo.jpg

14 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

LOL. Cherry picking one ASU fan's opinion. Seumalo has been a DL coach in the PAC-12 for 10 seasons, and is known as a very good recruiter. He's coached (7) lineman that have made it to the NFL. He left ASU because their new DC wanted to hire his own DL coach. Happens all the time in the coaching world. Our head coach went out and found a great replacement quickly, and he hdidn't have to resort to poaching another MWC school's staff, unlike that a-hole head coach at Fresblow State.

Get real, Mike. You couldn't poach any MWC coach if you tried. SJSU can barely afford to keep the lights on.  Freshly fired coaches are cheap. I understand. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

32 minutes ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Get real, Mike. You couldn't poach any MWC coach if you tried. SJSU can barely afford to keep the lights on.  Freshly fired coaches are cheap. I understand. 

You missed the point, again. I seriously doubt our HC would even consider poaching from another MWC school's staff. Whether or not he could is neither here nor there. Your new a-hole of a HC has no such ethical standards. It all worked out better for SJSU, so knock yourself out.

Champ Logo.jpg

7 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

You missed the point, again. I seriously doubt our HC would even consider poaching from another MWC school's staff. Whether or not he could is neither here nor there. Your new a-hole of a HC has no such ethical standards. It all worked out better for SJSU, so knock yourself out.

Mike just admit that Sharta athletics in general is not very good across the board. You guys have yet to finish with a winning record since joining the MWC 4 years ago. 

Do you care to explain that? 

If that doesn't scream "We don't belong" I don't know what does. 

Add on top of that, your facilities are LITERALLY crumbling/falling apart. I'll give you credit for fighting the good fight but at some point you have to face facts. 

24 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

It's amazing how you know his complete moral compass. You must be like Jesus or something. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

2 minutes ago, Jon said:

Thats right Anthony Rocca,  Cincy and about 4-5 other monikers you use. No one and I mean no one takes your posts seriously.

Jon, there is no doubt that you are aSharta fan LOL. Keep posting. 

18 hours ago, spartanswin1 said:

San Jose State just made a huge upgrade with the hiring of a new Defensive Line Coach, Joe Seumalo. 

If Joe Seumalo is an upgrade then SJSU must really be in a tight spot.

I didn't notice anyone above mention that before he spent last season at ASU he spent the previous season at UNLV.  He didn't inherit much but his D-Line wasn't good and he didn't do much as far as recruiting to improve it.  He was supposed to be another "in" for us in recruiting the islands but to make a difference in recruiting you have to be interested in the school you're at and not devoted to lining up your next PAC-12 job.

Seumalo was replaced at UNLV by Tony Samuel, who does seem interested in improving the squad.

7 minutes ago, BleedRebelRed said:

If Joe Seumalo is an upgrade then SJSU must really be in a tight spot.

I didn't notice anyone above mention that before he spent last season at ASU he spent the previous season at UNLV.  He didn't inherit much but his D-Line wasn't good and he didn't do much as far as recruiting to improve it.  He was supposed to be another "in" for us in recruiting the islands but to make a difference in recruiting you have to be interested in the school you're at and not devoted to lining up your next PAC-12 job.

Seumalo was replaced at UNLV by Tony Samuel, who does seem interested in improving the squad.

Lol

How's this for resurrecting random threads?  It's only relevant because it relates to some other dominoes that may fall.

SJSU appears to be moving Joe Seumalo to "FB Coach", which is a position that didn't even exist on the staff roster this past season.

Has a new DL Coach been named?

I just looked at the original post in this thread and the irony is that Herman Edwards poached Jamar Cain from Fresno St and he is now DL coach at ASU.  Odd how the coaching carousel works.

1 hour ago, BleedRebelRed said:

How's this for resurrecting random threads?  It's only relevant because it relates to some other dominoes that may fall.

SJSU appears to be moving Joe Seumalo to "FB Coach", which is a position that didn't even exist on the staff roster this past season.

Has a new DL Coach been named?

I just looked at the original post in this thread and the irony is that Herman Edwards poached Jamar Cain from Fresno St and he is now DL coach at ASU.  Odd how the coaching carousel works.

Edwards also poached Boise States OC. I hope he has as much success as our former DC Arizona poached five or so years ago.