UNLV2001

Libertarian Alert !!!

Your friends on the GOP side of the aisle are .....

GOP senators’ new bill would let ISPs sell your Web browsing data

Senate resolution would throw out FCC's entire privacy rulemaking.

epublican senators yesterday introduced legislation that would overturn new privacy rules for Internet service providers. If the Federal Communications Commission rules are eliminated, ISPs would not have to get consumers' explicit consent before selling or sharing Web browsing data and other private information with advertisers and other third parties.

As expected, Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) and 23 Republican co-sponsors introduced the resolution yesterday. The measure would use lawmakers' power under the Congressional Review Act to ensure that the FCC rulemaking "shall have no force or effect." The resolution would also prevent the FCC from issuing similar regulations in the future.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/03/gop-senators-new-bill-would-let-isps-sell-your-web-browsing-data/

I'm sure the GOP will have plenty of bipartisan support from the neo-left authoritarian Democrats for this bill. 

• Like 1

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

6 minutes ago, retrofade said:

How the +++++ is Rand Paul one of the ones behind this steaming pile of dogshit? I'm becoming less and less a fan of his on nearly a daily basis.

Rand is wildly inconsistent. He isn't his dad, that's for sure.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Come on gent's .........if this benefits big business, then it gets GOP support - Very simple concept that's been a standard for a number of decades 

This is a bad deal.  We, consumers, should have to opt in to information sharing like this or at the very least have an option to opt out of it.  

But I'm sure it'll pass with broad bipartisan support because that's what the government does. 

• Like 6

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

8 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

I'm not familiar with it. Was it created by the Russians or the CIA?

WikiLeaks will likely post some info on this during one their anti-Murican witch hunts.