Nevada Convert

Attention "Muss is gone" Speculators

4 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Will you be convinced when he is?

Nevada's pattern is to hire hot assts from P5's and when they leave give a top asst a shot. Dave Rice won't be the next HC but I do hope the next guy, whomever and whenever that may be, keeps Rice on staff, assuming Muss doesn't take DR with him. 

I also think it's safe  to assume our AD has a list of guys he'd want to consider.  He is fully aware of the pattern of Muss not staying anywhere for long. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

4 hours ago, ph90702 said:

I said that UNR had no chance for an at-large bid after losing to St. Mary's.  I will be proven right on that.  Also, hiring first-time head coaches every time is not a long-term strategy for success.

Yet you were a Rice nut hugger right up until the end.  

Also, everyone knew we were a one bid league this season.  You can stop patting yourself on the back. 

Barack Obama

6 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Yet you were a Rice nut hugger right up until the end.  

Also, everyone knew we were a one bid league this season.  You can stop patting yourself on the back. 

Not everybody knew that.  San Diego State scheduled for the purpose of getting an at-large bid but blew it again.  We scheduled for the purpose of getting an at-large bid, but it was done with Dave Rice's roster in mind.

4 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Realist does not equal Jealous.

And the Nightmare is over. We're done with ground zero. Also check out my sig.

• Like 2

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

6 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Not everybody knew that.  San Diego State scheduled for the purpose of getting an at-large bid but blew it again.  We scheduled for the purpose of getting an at-large bid, but it was done with Dave Rice's roster in mind.

We had several tournament teams from last year on our schedule this year.  Not our fault they all sucked. 

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

We had several tournament teams from last year on our schedule this year.  Not our fault they all sucked. 

Every mid major team (UNLV is not a mid major) who wants an at-large bid should schedule like Long Beach State.  You will take some losses, but you will in great shape if you can win one or two.

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Every mid major team (UNLV is not a mid major) who wants an at-large bid should schedule like Long Beach State.  You will take some losses, but you will in great shape if you can win one or two.

LOL so you're saying that UNLV is not a mid-major but Nevada is? UNLV doesn't need to schedule up, but can get in on name alone? Do we not play in the same conference? I really don't understand your point.

I don't think we need to schedule like LBSU, we just need to make sure to get 3-4 top 50 teams OOC per year. In normal years I think we'll get an additional 2-4 in conference (SDSU was supposed to be this year). If Washington and Oregon State had replicated their seasons from last season we would likely be on the bubble at least.

I haven't seen any news on tournaments for next season, but I'm hoping we can get in at least one where we play some solid P5s. 

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Just stop posting on sports threads.   All you are doing is putting your ignorance on full display. 

Stick with threads about fad diets. 

Barack Obama

4 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Just stop posting on sports threads.   All you are doing is putting your ignorance on full display. 

Stick with threads about fad diets. 

It's the truth.  Mid majors don't get top five recruiting classes.

16 minutes ago, bigd said:

LOL so you're saying that UNLV is not a mid-major but Nevada is? UNLV doesn't need to schedule up, but can get in on name alone? Do we not play in the same conference? I really don't understand your point.

I don't think we need to schedule like LBSU, we just need to make sure to get 3-4 top 50 teams OOC per year. In normal years I think we'll get an additional 2-4 in conference (SDSU was supposed to be this year). If Washington and Oregon State had replicated their seasons from last season we would likely be on the bubble at least.

I haven't seen any news on tournaments for next season, but I'm hoping we can get in at least one where we play some solid P5s. 

It  was obvious that Washington and Oregon State we're both going to suck. Also, your schedule was nowhere close to getting 3 to 4 top 50 teams. 

10 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Mid majors play in mid major leagues.  The MW is a MM league. Sadly, not even the best MM league. It has nothing to do with the number of stars your recruits have in high school. 

I don't think you understand what constitutes a mid major.  But you don't seem to understand much of anything about sports.  

Barack Obama

16 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

It  was obvious that Washington and Oregon State we're both going to suck. Also, your schedule was nowhere close to getting 3 to 4 top 50 teams. 

Washington was picked 6th and Oregon State 9th in the Pac 12 preseason poll. Not world beaters, but both had the potential to be tournament teams. Also Oakland, Buffalo, and Iona were all in the NCAA tournament the prior year. But yes I agree, we absolutely need to work on scheduling up. 

21 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

That maybe so, but we're talking about things in terms of getting a bid to the tournament. UNLV will be judged on the same terms as Nevada and even SJSU. 

2 minutes ago, bigd said:

Washington was picked 6th and Oregon State 9th in the Pac 12 preseason poll. Not world beaters, but both had the potential to be tournament teams. Also Oakland, Buffalo, and Iona were all in the NCAA tournament the prior year. But yes I agree, we absolutely need to work on scheduling up. 

You're laughable if you thought either of those teams had a chance to make the tournament.