Nevada Convert

OT: Have you seen any coaches wearing WP buttons?

On 3/7/2017 at 5:35 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

So when I was in high school my best friend was Mexican but raised by a low income white man.  We both drove really shitty cars.  Guess who got pulled over....ALL the time?  He did.  Guess who always had a large amount of drugs in his car and never got pulled over.  I did.  White privilege allow me to smoke a lot more pot than him.

That's freaking funny. I wouldn't call it white privilege but I would call it profiling. 

8 hours ago, happycamper said:

Congress.

Total wealth.

State houses.

Governor's mansions.

For that matter, location differences.

It isn't "liberal logic". It's just logic. When someone is as bad at arguing as you, not all detractors are liberal. They may just have brains.

Uh, yes, it's absolutely an advantage. Coming here with money, with skills, and being able to get jobs instead of being born to a family in debt, excluded from jobs or good schools, and being discriminated against with arrests to this day is an advantage.

Everyone works hard. You're exhibiting the "model minority" idea that is why Asians generally have at least some white privilege. You think that they got ahead because they "work hard", not because their hard work was actually allowed to get them somewhere. 

lol you're so proud of yourself with thinking your feeble spouting of buzzwords is equivalent to a real argument. That's why i consistently hand your ass to you on this board. Its easy because you never have any facts to back of anything you say. Congress? State houses? governor's mansions? What does that have to do with anything??lol---is that a result of 'white privilege' or the fact that there's disproportional many more white people in this country and thus more white people running for office. Total wealth? Are you stupid? Asians have a higher household median income than whites, your counter to that is to compare the total wealth of a ethnic group that makes up 65% of the country to ones that makes up 12 or 30% of the country? Statistical disparity does not equal discrimination. You liberals claim you have brains, but you can never wrap your heads around that fact. Take a statistics class. Using your logic the NBA is racist because they hire much more black men than any other race. Black Privilege! Or maybe do you think there are more black men playing basketball and putting in the hard work to be the best.

Excluded for good jobs or schools? Whites and Asians have to get much, much higher SAT scores than blacks or hispanics do to get in the same schools. Your model minority Asians have a class action suit against Harvard for this unfair privilege not given to them. Whether you grew up poor or not, if someone gets into a school and you didn't because of the color of their skin, and not because of test scores. That's racism. Same thing with affirmative action and the 4/5ths rule used by Human Resources departments at businesses.

Black families in poverty need to look in the mirror at the problems they are creating within their own communities instead of just blaming white people. Most of us followed the principles growing up that if you don't want to be at a financial disadvantage in life you probably should 1.) Graduate High school 2.) Not have children out of wedlock. Therein lies the problem, its not white people's fault the black single motherhood rate is at 70%. They're not putting a gun to their head and making them have sex to pop out kids they abandon or can't afford. White people also aren't making black males high school graduation rate at only 59% either. Actually, you got me. It was all white people's fault. It was white liberal politicians for monetizing single motherhood and encouraging blacks to drop out of school because they could fall-back on welfare.

btw Happy, love your activism. Did you participate in the day without women protests?---but who are we kidding? everyday in your life is a day without women. :lol:

• Like 3

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

12 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

lol you're so proud of yourself with thinking your feeble spouting of buzzwords is equivalent to a real argument. That's why i consistently hand your ass to you on this board. Its easy because you never have any facts to back of anything you say. Congress? State houses? governor's mansions? What does that have to do with anything??lol---is that a result of 'white privilege' or the fact that there's disproportional many more white people in this country and thus more white people running for office.

I'd have to say that "nearly complete control of the apparatus of power" is a definition of "success". Furthermore, white people in positions of power are there in excess of the demographics of this country. The house is 82% white, the senate is 96% white. The US is 64% white. 

Total wealth? Are you stupid? Asians have a higher household median income than whites, your counter to that is to compare the total wealth of a ethnic group that makes up 65% of the country to ones that makes up 12 or 30% of the country?

So much stupid here.

For one, yes, total wealth is more important than income. Bill Gates lost 7 billion dollars in 2008. I made about 10,000 dollars in 2008. 

Bill Gates was still SIGNIFICANTLY better off than I was, despite the fact that my income was higher.

Also, asians make up 5% of the population. Way to go skip. 

Statistical disparity does not equal discrimination. You liberals claim you have brains, but you can never wrap your heads around that fact. Take a statistics class. Using your logic the NBA is racist because they hire much more black men than any other race. Black Privilege! Or maybe do you think there are more black men playing basketball and putting in the hard work to be the best.

It depends on the statistics, dude.

The NBA is a meritocracy, and one that depends more on height than any other factor. Fun fact: if you are over 7 feet tall in the US, there is a 17% chance that you are in the NBA. Black people tend to be taller than white people.

On the other hand, higher arrest rates for the same rate of crime is not meritocratic, or reasonable. Furthermore, statistics themselves aren't called discrimination. We know we have, and have had, discrimination in the past. Statistics are used to highlight their effects.

Excluded for good jobs or schools? Whites and Asians have to get much, much higher SAT scores than blacks or hispanics do to get in the same schools. Your model minority Asians have a class action suit against Harvard for this unfair privilege not given to them. Whether you grew up poor or not, if someone gets into a school and you didn't because of the color of their skin, and not because of test scores. That's racism. Same thing with affirmative action and the 4/5ths rule used by Human Resources departments at businesses.

Can you read? I said "their families" were excluded from good jobs or good schools.

Are you going to deny that black people in the '60s on back were excluded from good jobs and good schools?

Furthermore, black kids tend to be in FAR worse schools than white kids of the same income bracket. So yeah, the way we fund and organize schools accidentally creates and prolongs racial discrimination and inequality. Hooray. 

Black families in poverty need to look in the mirror at the problems they are creating within their own communities instead of just blaming white people. Most of us followed the principles growing up that if you don't want to be at a financial disadvantage in life you probably should 1.) Graduate High school 2.) Not have children out of wedlock. Therein lies the problem, its not white people's fault the black single motherhood rate is at 70%. They're not putting a gun to their head and making them have sex to pop out kids they abandon or can't afford. White people also aren't making black males high school graduation rate at only 59% either. Actually, you got me. It was all white people's fault. It was white liberal politicians for monetizing single motherhood and encouraging blacks to drop out of school because they could fall-back on welfare.

So black people are morally inferior to white people.

But you're not racist.

Got it. 

btw Happy, love your activism. Did you participate in the day without women protests?---but who are we kidding? everyday in your life is a day without women. :lol:

I'm married with two daughters. 

How many women do you live with, Rebels?

• Like 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

14 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I'd have to say that "nearly complete control of the apparatus of power" is a definition of "success". Furthermore, white people in positions of power are there in excess of the demographics of this country. The house is 82% white, the senate is 96% white. The US is 64% white. 

And this benefits me how, exactly?  Can you give me a list of "white legislation" vs. "black legislation" vs "oriental legislation"........

• Like 1

The World Needs More Cowboys!

2 minutes ago, pokebball said:

And this benefits me how, exactly?  Can you give me a list of "white legislation" vs. "black legislation" vs "oriental legislation"........

Sure.

Ending of de-segregation was, in its effect, anti-black.

The disparity between crack and cocaine sentencing laws is inherently anti-black and lenient to whites.

The zoning and planning after WW2 that caused the suburban explosion as well as the explosion of wealth in this country deliberately excluded blacks.

The visa system that is family based instead of merit or need based is detrimental for asians (oriental is a rug dude)

Going further, the LAPD deliberately recruited KKK members in their early history. The Chicago city government had racist policies up through the '80s and still has sketchy secret jails. Restrictive covenants and blockbusting are a big feature of Baltimore's history after legislative discrimination was finally struck down.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

So, really...there are people here that think that WP doesn't exist in a society financially, legally, judiciously, and culturally dominated by whites?

Because Asians busted their asses and have high paying jobs?

The achievements of non-whites do not refute WP but the consistent "achievement" of average or shitty whites probably support it.

56 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Sure.

Ending of de-segregation was, in its effect, anti-black.  Oh the irony.  So, segregation was pro black

The disparity between crack and cocaine sentencing laws is inherently anti-black and lenient to whites. Legislation?

The zoning and planning after WW2 that caused the suburban explosion as well as the explosion of wealth in this country deliberately excluded blacks.  Today?

The visa system that is family based instead of merit or need based is detrimental for asians (oriental is a rug dude)  Legislation?

Going further, the LAPD deliberately recruited KKK members in their early history. The Chicago city government had racist policies up through the '80s and still has sketchy secret jails. Restrictive covenants and blockbusting are a big feature of Baltimore's history after legislative discrimination was finally struck down.  Today?

End game of the WP campaign today Happy.  That's my question.  No one can answer it.

33 minutes ago, toonkee said:

So, really...there are people here that think that WP doesn't exist in a society financially, legally, judiciously, and culturally dominated by whites?

Because Asians busted their asses and have high paying jobs?

The achievements of non-whites do not refute WP but the consistent "achievement" of average or shitty whites probably support it.

Privileges exists throughout society, for all kinds of reasons.  I don't think anyone in this thread has said otherwise.

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

I don't think you understood my first comment. De-segregation happened for a while and helped close the education achievement gap Ending de-segregation caused it to re-open. 

Yes, crack was legislated to have higher mandatory minimums for sentencing. 

And yes, today. If your grandparents and parents weren't able to build their wealth, you'd be in a worse position today. 

Visa system was decided by legislation....

And yes, the results of those actions affect people today. If your grandparents weren't allowed to buy a house, if your parents were arrested for things other parents weren't, if you were in a far worse school district because of those, you'd be worse off.

6 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I don't think you understood my first comment. De-segregation happened for a while and helped close the education achievement gap Ending de-segregation caused it to re-open. 

Yes, crack was legislated to have higher mandatory minimums for sentencing. 

And yes, today. If your grandparents and parents weren't able to build their wealth, you'd be in a worse position today. 

Visa system was decided by legislation....

And yes, the results of those actions affect people today. If your grandparents weren't allowed to buy a house, if your parents were arrested for things other parents weren't, if you were in a far worse school district because of those, you'd be worse off.

You are missing my question of you, perhaps intentionally.

What's your end game for the WP effort.  You want some kind of legislation?  Like what?

You want me to act differently?  Like how?

You want me to get less sleep at night?  For what cause?

You want me to piss on my grandparents grave?

You want to legalize crack, just for the black community?  Really?

What's your desire out of this campaign?

Just now, pokebball said:

Cool story.

What's your end game for the WP effort.  You want some kind of legislation?  Like what?

You want me to act differently?  Like how?

You want me to get less sleep at night?  For what cause?

You want me to piss on my grandparents grave?

You want to legalize crack, just for the black community?  Really?

What's your desire out of this campaign?

There is no campaign, or effort. White privilege is just the concept that white people have less shit to deal with in this country. Our parents didn't have institutional racism, so they went to better schools. Our grandparents weren't barred from buying houses in suburbia so they saw their net wealth increase. Both of those mean that we got to go to better schools.

It isn't about looking or acting different or beign mad at your grandparents or changing laws. It isn't a campaign. It's just an idea, like "racism" or "liberty" is. 

Just now, happycamper said:

There is no campaign, or effort. White privilege is just the concept that white people have less shit to deal with in this country. Our parents didn't have institutional racism, so they went to better schools. Our grandparents weren't barred from buying houses in suburbia so they saw their net wealth increase. Both of those mean that we got to go to better schools.

It isn't about looking or acting different or beign mad at your grandparents or changing laws. It isn't a campaign. It's just an idea, like "racism" or "liberty" is. 

No campaign?  Why are people wearing buttons?  My great grandparents came over to America on boat, escaping what they didn't like happening in Italy prior to WWII.  Both worked two jobs before my great grandfather joined the US Military, fought and died in WWII.  Thanks for allowing me not to be mad at my great grandparents.

I'll let Muss know he can toss his pin :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pokebball said:

No campaign?  Why are people wearing buttons?  My great grandparents came over to America on boat, escaping what they didn't like happening in Italy prior to WWII.  Both worked two jobs before my great grandfather joined the US Military, fought and died in WWII.  Thanks for allowing me not to be mad at my great grandparents.

I'll let Muss know he can toss his pin :)

I don't know. People put on "support the troops" stickers on their cars and the only campaign seemed to be to have lots of stickers, not to increase troop pay or something substantial. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

I don't know. People put on "support the troops" stickers on their cars and the only campaign seemed to be to have lots of stickers, not to increase troop pay or something substantial. 

I can give you an end game for the support or troops campaign if I need to.

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

I can give you an end game for the support or troops campaign if I need to.

And I'd say I could make up several endgames for understanding that white privilege is a thing. Doesn't mean that a lot of people didn't just like how it looked, slapped it on the back of their expedition, and called it a day

6 hours ago, happycamper said:

And I'd say I could make up several endgames for understanding that white privilege is a thing. Doesn't mean that a lot of people didn't just like how it looked, slapped it on the back of their expedition, and called it a day

You can, but you won't?

Sounds to me like a rich white guy who yells at a bunch of poor black kids all day is trying to relate to them. Who cares?

• Like 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

14 hours ago, pokebball said:

You can, but you won't?

I can, but I don't know Musselman's motivations and I frankly think that there's been way too much bellyaching over this already.

I mean, you posted that you could think of several endgames for a "support the troops" sticker and them promptly didn't post any of them. So why do you care?

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

I can, but I don't know Musselman's motivations and I frankly think that there's been way too much bellyaching over this already.

I mean, you posted that you could think of several endgames for a "support the troops" sticker and them promptly didn't post any of them. So why do you care?

This thread is about the WP movement, don't derail it.  You want to start one about "support the troops" and why you don't understand it, why, etc. feel free to step up to the plate and take a swing.

You seem to be defending the WP movement and I simply asked why, for what purpose, towards what goal(s).  It's OK to say there isn't one.