Del Scorcho

reason # 423,987 not to move to Utah

I love living in Utah.  Its beautiful, there are lots of recreation activities, economy is pretty good, but ... one dark downside is dealing with Utah lawmakers.  

I can't even comprehend these utra, ultra conservative lawmakers.  They scare the hell out of me.  If they aren't forcing restaurants to build walls to mix drinks behind, legislating drinking a beer while watching an R rated sex scene or regulating t-shirts with animated women in bikini's on them then they're scheming this  

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=43356852&nid=148

:facepalm:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I agree. I wonder why were any of those types of machines allowed in the first place?

I'm guessing but somewhere along the line it went from tokens to actual money.  Hell they had one in my hometown's arcade for tokens back in the early eighties.

Nothing to really say here.....except GO MWC!!

I'm guessing that one lawmakers grandson enjoys skeeball, or you know there would be a warrant out for those as well.  Look for Pin the tail on the donkey party restrictions to come out next quarter.  Pinata's = definitely gambling.  Check E Cheese - you're next.

:stop:

• Like 1

I'd love to live in California, beautiful weather but the politics leave a lot to be desired.   I also wouldn't live in Utah for the same reason. Le sigh. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

28 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I'd love to live in California, beautiful weather but the politics leave a lot to be desired.   I also wouldn't live in Utah for the same reason. Le sigh. 

understood

I get frustrated when lawmakers (both Dem's and Rebup's) go after/spend $$$ on minor issues when there are so many real problems that need to be addressed

#fresh take :) 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Del Scorcho said:

understood

I get frustrated when lawmakers (both Dem's and Rebup's) go after/spend $$$ on minor issues when there are so many real problems that need to be addressed

Agree 100% 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

understood

Like this?

http://www.westword.com/news/anti-topless-rule-stripped-all-nipples-in-fort-collins-are-free-8823085

48 minutes ago, mugtang said:

It ain't utopia by any stretch, but Nevada has a pretty reasonable political climate when compared to a lot of other places.  For them most part, we're pretty moderate and there's quite a libertarian streak. Something for everybody.

Home means Nevada to me. :cheers: 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, toonkee said:

It ain't utopia by any stretch, but Nevada has a pretty reasonable political climate when compared to a lot of other places.  For them most part, we're pretty moderate and there's quite a libertarian streak. Something for everybody.

Home means Nevada to me. :cheers: 

I couldn't be happier living in Nevada.  I think we have one of the best political climates around. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BroncoOrange said:

And this is what happens to Idaho boarder towns when when the lottery jackpot is high. Utahans rush to the boarder. I'm really not sure what Utah has accomplished with such strict laws?

20160109_121132.jpg?quality=85&strip=all

We get a lot of visitors from neighboring states buying our weed and then the states (ie Nebraska and Kansas) try to sue Colorado.  My response is "What does that tell you about your residents and your laws?"

8 minutes ago, RamSack said:

We get a lot of visitors from neighboring states buying our weed and then the states (ie Nebraska and Kansas) try to sue Colorado.  My response is "What does that tell you about your residents and your laws?"

You also have residents who flout the law by using weed openly on sidewalks and in parks. 

"What does that tell you about your residents and your laws?"

5 minutes ago, RamSack said:

However, at some point there are somethings you need laws for. What if you had a State that allowed pharmacies to give away opioids with out a prescription? You would visitors from every where going to that State to buy them. I know some libertarians would be ok with that, but the stuff is killing people at an alarming rate and costs large cities millions of dollars. I used to live in Louisville Kentucky and they recently had 52 people rushed to the hospital that had over dosed from opioids in a single 24 hours. I'm not sure what the answer is on how much freedom you give people, but some states definitely try and take too much of it away from people.

11 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

You also have residents who flout the law by using weed openly on sidewalks and in parks. 

"What does that tell you about your residents and your laws?"

Hey, that's not weed, my cigarettes just smell funny when I roll my own. I blame it on the papers.