retrofade

+++++ the flu

A week in and I'm finally back to at least feeling like I don't want to die all day long. I went back to work on Monday and made it through about half the day before calling it quits and working from home the rest of the day. 

It's also great fun when you spend the bulk of your day on the phone.... and you lose your voice. That was me most of Monday and yesterday. It's finally back enough today tat I've made it through three meetings without having to repeat myself 20 times in each of them. 

Cant say I have ever had real influenza...perhaps a few times I was achy w/ a fever but no longer than a day or so...only got a shot a few times.   I seem to get a cold every year, found that zinc lozenges/spray work very well.  You still get the cold but if you start soon enough and use plenty of pseudoephedrine(sp?) it wont go into your chest and I get over it sooner.

On 3/3/2017 at 7:31 AM, retrofade said:

I even went against every instinct and ended up getting a flu shot this year.... true to form, every year I've gotten a flu shot, I've gotten the goddamned flu. 

I've felt like I want to die since about 10AM yesterday. 

:suicide:

Flu shots are hit and miss.  Last stuff I read had this years effectiveness at 60%.  Feel better, drink lots of fluids.  I get one every year obviously, but I've contracted it a few times.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

11 hours ago, retrofade said:

A week in and I'm finally back to at least feeling like I don't want to die all day long. I went back to work on Monday and made it through about half the day before calling it quits and working from home the rest of the day. 

It's also great fun when you spend the bulk of your day on the phone.... and you lose your voice. That was me most of Monday and yesterday. It's finally back enough today tat I've made it through three meetings without having to repeat myself 20 times in each of them. 

Retro - I'm telling you buddy hit the Jager. You'll thank me later.?

EDIT- Had an extended family member who lived to 98. His ' secret' was two shots of tequila a day. He swore that was what kept him in good health for all those years. 

8 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Retro - I'm telling you buddy hit the Jager. You'll thank me later.?

I can barely get smoothies down my throat right now, the thought of jager is making me nauseated. That being said, I may go to the ABC store and get some tomorrow out of desperation.

After working all day, I'm freaking exhausted, no voice left, oh and I checked my temperature earlier, and I was back up over 101°. So I probably gave the flu to everyone at work now. Oops. I called my dad, and his recommendation was to either go to urgent care and get some Tamiflu, which may or may not have any effects at this juncture (he was pretty dubious about it), or just keep doing what I've been doing --- fluids, rest, and lots of OTC medication. He did say that he gets a few patients a year that end up getting Influenza A and B back to back, so that's an outside possibility as well. All I know is that I want to feel better and I'm tired of being sick. 

2 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Flu shots are hit and miss.  Last stuff I read had this years effectiveness at 60%.  Feel better, drink lots of fluids.  I get one every year obviously, but I've contracted it a few times.

Very true. I just find it personally amusing that the three times in my life I've actually chosen to get the flu shot, I've ended up with the flu. That's just the way that my luck goes. :rotflmfao: 

9 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I can barely get smoothies down my throat right now, the thought of jager is making me nauseated. That being said, I may go to the ABC store and get some tomorrow out of desperation.

After working all day, I'm freaking exhausted, no voice left, oh and I checked my temperature earlier, and I was back up over 101°. So I probably gave the flu to everyone at work now. Oops. I called my dad, and his recommendation was to either go to urgent care and get some Tamiflu, which may or may not have any effects at this juncture (he was pretty dubious about it), or just keep doing what I've been doing --- fluids, rest, and lots of OTC medication. He did say that he gets a few patients a year that end up getting Influenza A and B back to back, so that's an outside possibility as well. All I know is that I want to feel better and I'm tired of being sick. 

Very true. I just find it personally amusing that the three times in my life I've actually chosen to get the flu shot, I've ended up with the flu. That's just the way that my luck goes. :rotflmfao: 

Don't take Tamiflu.  Waste of money at this point.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

6 minutes ago, retrofade said:

That's basically the same thing he told me. 

Exactly. What I want you to remember is that Jager is a ' preventive ' measure. Not a cure all once you're sick. 

Once you're as sick as you are there's no going back- your body will eventually kick the virus.

4 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Exactly. What I want you to remember is that Jager is a ' preventive ' measure. Not a cure all once you're sick. 

Once you're as sick as you are there's no going back- your body will eventually kick the virus.

Wait, what... the booze can't cure everything? My, I, my world is shattered, I'm not sure how I can go on now. 

I actually haven't had a drink in over a week now, I can't imagine drinking while I feel like this to be honest.

23 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Wait, what... the booze can't cure everything? My, I, my world is shattered, I'm not sure how I can go on now. 

I actually haven't had a drink in over a week now, I can't imagine drinking while I feel like this to be honest.

Don't. It's not gonna help.

But when you heal up - remember that an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.?

Just now, DestinFlPackfan said:

Don't. It's not gonna help.

But when you heal up - remember that an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.?

Believe me, I have no interest in drinking anything but water at this juncture.

On 3/3/2017 at 6:31 AM, retrofade said:

I even went against every instinct and ended up getting a flu shot this year.... true to form, every year I've gotten a flu shot, I've gotten the goddamned flu. 

I've felt like I want to die since about 10AM yesterday. 

:suicide:

The flu shot only protects against a few strands of the flu virus.  Your best bet to not get the flu is to eat a Paleo diet, get plenty of exercise and sleep, and keep your stress down.

2 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

The flu shot only protects against a few strands of the flu virus.  Your best bet to not get the flu is to eat a Paleo diet, get plenty of exercise and sleep, and keep your stress down.

bcga.gif

Just stop... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ph90702 said:

I'm just trying to help.

I will tell you what.  Sincere offer.  Make it up to Boise and I promise, 100% I will help you find a woman to take your virginity.  Not joking either.  Just stop telling people to eat Paelo.

PM if interested and I will give you my contact information.

• Like 1