Del Scorcho

latest NBA mock draft has Cam Oliver going 31st

He's gone no matter what.  Which sucks but he has a kid to take care of so I don't blame him. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

21 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

You guys best let him win the conf tourney, so he feels like he accomplished everything.

We'll be fine with the twins whispering in people's ears next year.

One of the Martin twins is listed at the back half of the 2018 draft by that same site. And they won't be whispering... :)

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

He's gone no matter what.  Which sucks but he has a kid to take care of so I don't blame him. 

I think it's likely he goes, but I don't agree with your first sentence. There are some who'd like to see him back next year, and they're not fans like us. It's going to depend a great deal on how he finishes the year and, more importantly, what he hears from teams during the NBA draft combine. If the indications are he'll be a late pick and then get placed in the D-League without much (or anything) in the way of guaranteed money, we just might see him back in a Pack uni for one more season. I wouldn't put money on him returning, but...

2 hours ago, Bob said:

?

Oliver is a tremendous talent. Hope he's all there mentally and I hope he hasn't fallen in love with his jumper. 

The Martin twins seem to have a knack for yapping (and getting in people's ears during a foul shot I'd assume).

They've already gotten opposing players ejected this season at the end of a game

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

Sure, I like Omogbo too.

The author mentions that Omogbo has earned first round NBA consideration.  I don't pay any attention to draft forecasts, but I had just read that on Ramnation right before you asked the question.

I'm way more concerned with Omogbo getting a double-double tonight than his draft stock.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

The author mentions that Omogbo has earned first round NBA consideration.  I don't pay any attention to draft forecasts, but I had just read that on Ramnation right before you asked the question.

I'm way more concerned with Omogbo getting a double-double tonight than his draft stock.

I couldn't care less about his draft stock either :)

The World Needs More Cowboys!

6 hours ago, mugtang said:

3 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

I think it's likely he goes, but I don't agree with your first sentence. There are some who'd like to see him back next year, and they're not fans like us. It's going to depend a great deal on how he finishes the year and, more importantly, what he hears from teams during the NBA draft combine. If the indications are he'll be a late pick and then get placed in the D-League without much (or anything) in the way of guaranteed money, we just might see him back in a Pack uni for one more season. I wouldn't put money on him returning, but...

I think he's gone also but I hope he's going to class, just in case.

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

Yup. I'm not sure how Nevada doesn't take a pretty massive step back next year. 

Depending on how things shake out, Nevada will be deeper next season. But it does lose Oliver (presumably), Fenner, and Marshall so I have a hard time understanding how it will be better on paper.

I've heard the four transfers practicing with the team are going to be very good. It's the same chatter that was spoken about Marshall... all of them have high major experience. I'm looking forward to seeing the JUCO transfer myself.