IanforHeisman

Boise @Nevada

24 minutes ago, bigd said:

Stoked for the game. I'm bummed that Fresno/SDSU is on CBSSports instead of us.

No doubt. How is this game not on something other than espn3?

• Like 2

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Boise has been pretty good on the road this year. My gut tells me UNR takes this one. They are really good when they're focused. I think this is a big game and they'll play like it. 

Last game, I really thought Oliver intimidated Boise into a ton of missed puppies after he blocked 3 shots in the first couple minutes of the game. They need to continue to attack the basket even if they get a few of them blocked. A tightly called game favors Boise. "Let 'em play" officiating favors UNR

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Boise has been pretty good on the road this year. My gut tells me UNR takes this one. They are really good when they're focused. I think this is a big game and they'll play like it. 

Last game, I really thought Oliver intimidated Boise into a ton of missed puppies after he blocked 3 shots in the first couple minutes of the game. They need to continue to attack the basket even if they get a few of them blocked. A tightly called game favors Boise. "Let 'em play" officiating favors UNR

I'm guessing the officials will let them play tonight.  Too big a game to take over with whistles.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I'm guessing the officials will let them play tonight.  Too big a game to take over with whistles.

The last game they played in Boise, you could tell right away that they were going to let them play and swallowed their whistles for the whole game. Typically I very much prefer this... just not against a short bench like UNR's (or CSU's for that matter)

I'm going to be in a plane for the entire game. I'd like to read through this thread when I land to see how the game went (not just the end score), so if everyone could give a lot of undates throughout the game, including score (<----this one is really important), I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

The last game they played in Boise, you could tell right away that they were going to let them play and swallowed their whistles for the whole game. Typically I very much prefer this... just not against a short bench like UNR's (or CSU's for that matter)

I think in general Boise plays well with less whistles.  Their offense is really good when its allowed to flow.  But I do get your point about Boise's depth working vs. teams with short benches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

The key is focus and intensity, particularly for Oliver. Muss has shaken the line up a bit recently to get the attention of Drew, Cam, and others, and I'd be surprised if they weren't consistently focused going forward. SJSU could be a trap game if they don't bring it all. 

kat.jpg

15 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I'm going to be in a plane for the entire game. I'd like to read through this thread when I land to see how the game went (not just the end score), so if everyone could give a lot of undates throughout the game, including score (<----this one is really important), I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance

Why not miss your flight!!!

• Like 1

kat.jpg

2 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

The key is focus and intensity, particularly for Oliver. Muss has shaken the line up a bit recently to get the attention of Drew, Cam, and others, and I'd be surprised if they weren't consistently focused going forward. SJSU could be a trap game if they don't bring it all. 

I saw they benched Cam O and it seemed to work. Leon did the same with Paris Austin. He has been coming off of the bench for the last 6 or 7 games and has been averaging almost 17 1/2 ppg since that happened. He is also coming off of the best game of his career with 27 pts, 6 rbs, 6 asts.

Not sure this one will be close unless either Duncan or Jessup get real hot while Hutchison and Austin remain hot.   

Reid won't be enough from outside to make an inside out game work.     Nevada is going to put 70+ on the board. 

The weakness of no real athletes on the post shows up in matchups with Nevada, UNM, etc.   If you have a dominant inside game, you can beat Boise even if they're on their A game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roughrider said:

Not sure this one will be close unless either Duncan or Jessup get real hot while Hutchison and Austin remain hot.   

Reid won't be enough from outside to make an inside out game work.     Nevada is going to put 70+ on the board. 

The weakness of no real athletes on the post shows up in matchups with Nevada, UNM, etc.   If you have a dominant inside game, you can beat Boise even if they're on their A game.

Boise really isn't a team that "If they play their A game" they are gunna win. They're kinda the oppostie. Boise is a pretty good and consistent team that if the opponent doesn't bring their A game, Boise is going to win. Most teams don't bring their A game

• Like 1

This is a game I could see either team winning. I don't think we will see a Boise team that was cold the last time they faced Nevada up in Boise the question will be can Nevada hit their shots and can they stop Boise from driving the ball. Nevada has been playing strong at home but in the last couple of weeks they seemed to lose their focus at times. 

I think the difference will be 6 points or less

4 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Battle for 1st place tonight. In the previous game it was tight early but by the end Boise got their ass whipped. I'm the resident pessimist when it comes to Bronco basketball, but I fear a repeat is coming tonight. Unless Duncan magically becomes a serviceable player again. 

4 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

Early money is coming in on Boise. Down to +5 after opening at 6. 

I personally have lost all faith in Duncan turning it around. 

Ye of little faith. In the words of a famous Aussie band, "The man is back in town. So don't you mess him 'round." 

nickduncan_zpsmz1pk1iy.jpg

• Like 1

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Games in Lawlor are not known for being whistleless.  I expect the zebras will make their presence known early in the first.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman