Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

SDSU '18

1 hour ago, Fort Fun said:

Offers from Air Force, Army, and Navy. -> "GOD has led me to this decision" -> God hates the military?

God doesn't want him to play QB in the triple option.

6 hours ago, k5james said:

Holy smokes, I hear there's a few more that might pop up before the day's out.

I'm sure they are waiting until tomorrow to have more spotlight on them. 

Well, if you haven't been following our recruiting lately, the last 3 days have seen 5 commits (including 4* local). Our latest of the 5 is ATH Jordan Byrd from NM. Fastest player in the state and has offers from:

washington

utah

arizona

texas tech

UNM and Utep

http://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Byrd-88202

Sleeper/project TE Mikel Oliver from San Diego committed too. 6 in 3 days now. 

Oliver was hurt most of last year and hasn't seen his recruitment take off. SDSU saw him in person at 7on7 tournament and offered right away. He is STOKED on coming here and really wanted the offer, definitely a guy to root for and will be recruiting other recruits as well. Looking forward to his '17 film.

Guest Dr. Dre

Off to a hell of a start. Maybe the best recruiting start EVER. Some much for holding the stadium issue against us. Fact of the matter is, players would rather play for SDSU at Grossmont College than play at WHYome, USUCKU, or San Suck State

35 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Great start for SDSU. Boise with a relatively slow start, but still up with SDSU in the early rankings:

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=M-West

What's great for us, is we always start slow (talent and numbers) and usually get our best recruits in December/January. Being able to start this strong and get good momentum is great. That also shows 5 commits, we have 7. 

36 minutes ago, badfish said:

What's great for us, is we always start slow (talent and numbers) and usually get our best recruits in December/January. Being able to start this strong and get good momentum is great. That also shows 5 commits, we have 7. 

I assume the coaching staff has kind of shifted strategy with the new early loi

4 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

make it 8

Cameron Thomas has given a verbal.

Yup, hasn't come out and said it yet though. Not sure if he projects as a TE, DE or LB. 

Guest Dr. Dre

Also, the recruiting services are so frustrating. They must not get paid well. 

247 says we have 6 total recruits 6 3*. then they list SEVEN players and are missing Bornes and York on the list.

Rivals says we have 9 total, and lo and behold, they have all nine listed.

Scout says we have 7 total, list seven and are missing Bryd and Oliver,

I won't even get into the whole * thing. There is just no consistency.

However there IS one thing that is across the board, all three have the Aztecs currently #1 in the MWC. Conference champs AND Recruiting champs? Send that trophy on over Boise, The streak could fall....