toonkee

Oh, Larry...

52 minutes ago, wolfan8431 said:

Only posting this to make you throw up.  When USC hired Steve Sarkisian as HC he showed up in front of donors slurring his words & falling down drunk.  Her was caught drinking at practices.  Naturally they canned him.  But he sued them because he claimed being an alcoholic is a disability.  Nobody knows for sure but the suit disappeared so I suspect SC paid him the $10 million he wanted just to get it to go away.

yep these poor guys.  

5 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I think he's ready to retire and right now it's all about the $$.  He's got a hell of a case against CSU regarding the release of information from his personnel file.  He could probably take that settlement in lieu of (or in addition to) a buyout offer.  I don't think we're able to get rid of him for another two years. but the latest developments might change that.

Yep he might have hit the CSU lottery thanks to the Coloradoan. 4.5 million buyout plus how many million for a breach of privacy.  The only good news is the university itself not the athletic department will have to pay.  Somebody within the university not only embarrassed the school, president and administration but may cost them more money than we care to think about.

11 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

when our local radio guys were talking about it on the radio, they were wondering why it was leaked now. larry's doing really well with his 'magnificent 7', apparently somebody doesn't like that?

but headbutt just answered that. ^ ^ ^

The Coloradoan is about as credible as the Enquierer.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I agree 100%. What a bunch of pussies the fairies are who are whining about this. 

'snowflakes', lol...

i told my daughter when she was growing up. 'you're going to get yelled at, it's part of playing basketball. listen to WHAT they're telling you to do, not how they say it.'

she figured it out in 3rd grade.

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

My grandpa was a hall of fame basketball coach and he had zero sympathy for anybody or anything...even himself. That said, I remember falling down when he was teaching me how to ride a bike and getting a "get your ass back on there" sort of thing. It worked. 

That's sports. It's a competition. It's not supposed to be for the weak of heart. 

Did your grandpa call you a fu&@ing c&nt?

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

17 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

Not sure why any parent would want their kid playing for this guy. 

Fortunately, this is America and people have choices.  Lots of players don't want to play for Larry, but some do and those that do, know what they are getting themselves into.  Its not like he has ever misled anyone about the type of coach he is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RiverCityBronco said:

Not sure why any parent would want their kid playing for this guy. 

same reason you send your kid to play for Bobby Knight...you send him boys and he sends you back a man with a college degree.

• Like 2

mem skyline sig.jpeg

7 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

same reason you send your kid to play for Bobby Knight...you send him boys and he sends you back a man with a college degree.

Those days are long gone. It's all about orange slices, participation trophies and making sure nobodies feelers get hurt. 

• Like 3

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

38 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

i hope your not comparing a drunken coed chaser to bob knight. 

Teaching these young men about integrity, doing what's right, work ethic, failures and successes is not part of larry's job ( thank god ).  It's there families job and it doesn't stop at 18.  

3 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

My grandpa was a hall of fame basketball coach and he had zero sympathy for anybody or anything...even himself. That said, I remember falling down when he was teaching me how to ride a bike and getting a "get your ass back on there" sort of thing. It worked. 

That's sports. It's a competition. It's not supposed to be for the weak of heart. 

"Suck it up" was my motto, lol. Unless something was broken..B)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fort Fun said:

So you're saying that men's basketball record is part of the criteria when a major university is hiring a new president or chancellor? How on earth could you come to such a conclusion?

Jesus christ, some ex-con who attended Boise State is trying to tell me how academia works. What am I doing with my life? I need a new hobby.

Wait, didn't you drop out and move to New York? 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

18 hours ago, toonkee said:

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/csu/mens-basketball/2017/02/15/colorado-state-basketball-larry-eustachy-investigation/97949522/

CSU men’s basketball coach Larry Eustachy created a culture of fear and intimidation and emotionally abused his players, newly obtained records from a 2013-2014 university investigation show.

The report's findings led to a recommendation that his contract be terminated.

In a summary of the investigation, Eustachy acknowledged he has told his assistant coaches to “shut the f--- up” and called players “f----g c--ts.” He also said he “crossed the line” and later said he went “way over the line” when questioned about whether the atmosphere in his program was one of fear and intimidation.

The CSU investigation included interviews with 14 players and basketball and athletic department staff members, according to documents received and confirmed by the Coloradoan. The investigation was led by former athletic director Jack Graham, former deputy athletic director John Morris and current executive associate senior athletic director Steve Cottingham and under the consent of Colorado State University president Tony Frank.

“I am deeply disappointed on a very personal level that someone chose to publicize confidential information from my personnel file," Eustachy said in a statement released by the university. "That said, I fully recognize that I’m not perfect. I have my faults and strive every day to be better than I was yesterday."

The Coloradoan spoke with six people interviewed during the investigation and eight players on the 2013-14 team.

The CSU investigation documents the coach’s outbursts, including punching and breaking dry erase boards in locker rooms and throwing unopened soda cans against walls. The document is 90 pages and the investigation spanned 99 days during the 2013-14 season.

“I believed Eustachy should be terminated and believed we had the basis to terminate for cause,” Graham, who hired Eustachy in 2012, said when reached for comment. “I was advised by Tony Frank that we did not have the basis to terminate for cause and that Eustachy was to be placed on a personal improvement plan.”

Graham would not provide additional comment about the investigation.

The president of the university signs off on the termination of all CSU employees.

"Colorado State University is prohibited by law from disclosing personnel information and from commenting on confidential personnel matters, particularly where employees have a legal expectation of privacy." the university statement read. "... The university is committed to the highest standards of integrity, and when any issues have arisen, the university has taken appropriate action to maintain that integrity in our programs and ensure our standards are met. The program review at issue took place several years ago and we stand by the manner in which we dealt with the allegations — then and now. We stand behind, and are proud of, the environment our athletic department and Coach Eustachy have since created for our student-athletes."

All true, but VERY OLD NEWS.  

This is been known to those close to the pgm for nearly 4-yrs now.

Larry if far from perfect, however he's the one we're stuck with.

¡¡¡GO STATE!!!

Guest RoscoesDad
1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

Eustachy is no Bob Knight.

I like Eustachy.  But The Bobby Knight meme is also just a bullshit excuse to absolve assholes.  I coach bb on lower levels and have friends that coach in HS & college.  Every coach has a different 'style' but being a rageaholic dick and getting personal with players & staff all the time is totally poor form. I played in college for a guy like that who probably would've gone further in his D1 career if he would've just toned it down a bit. 

There are plenty of other ways to teach hustle, toughness and turn out 'men' without being abusive or acting like a marine drill instructor.  If Eustachy is still raging around like portrayed, I'd say that's a big red flag he's drinking again.  But I have no idea how current or valid that article is.

9 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

I like Eustachy.  But The Bobby Knight meme is also just a bullshit excuse to absolve assholes.  I coach bb on lower levels and have friends that coach in HS & college.  Every coach has a different 'style' but being a rageaholic dick and getting personal with players & staff all the time is totally poor form. I played in college for a guy like that who probably would've gone further in his D1 career if he would've just toned it down a bit. 

There are plenty of other ways to teach hustle, toughness and turn out 'men' without being abusive or acting like a marine drill instructor.  If Eustachy is still raging around like portrayed, I'd say that's a big red flag he's drinking again.  But I have no idea how current or valid that article is.

Comparing Knight to Eustachy is a joke. But as a player, I'd pick the easy going coach. As a parent, I'll pick the coach who graduates his players.

Maybe this already exists but I'd love to see a list of coaching greats, winning percentage, and grad rates.

52 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Comparing Knight to Eustachy is a joke. But as a player, I'd pick the easy going coach. As a parent, I'll pick the coach who graduates his players.

Maybe this already exists but I'd love to see a list of coaching greats, winning percentage, and grad rates.

So definitely not LE.